Is boxing a sin?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jay3009
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jay3009

Guest
I really enjoy watching and partaking in the sport of boxing and I train and shadow box daily, I was just wondering is boxing a sin as it involves hurting your opponent? Some well known boxers such as manny pacquiao are born again christians and personally I think it helps you gain disipline, self control and is a good form of physical exercise but as there's violence involved I was just wondering what other cc users thought about it??
 
not a sin....unless your specific purpose is to hurt someone. If it's competitive and sanctioned....nothing wrong in my view.
 
I agree it is not a sin but I condemn you anyways because I'm bored:b
 
I don't believe it is a sin but I know I could not personally participate in something that might hurt another person.
 
I really enjoy watching and partaking in the sport of boxing and I train and shadow box daily, I was just wondering is boxing a sin as it involves hurting your opponent? Some well known boxers such as manny pacquiao are born again christians and personally I think it helps you gain disipline, self control and is a good form of physical exercise but as there's violence involved I was just wondering what other cc users thought about it??
It's only a sin if I do it, and then only because I'll make the person turning me into a bloody pulp guilty for manhandling someone who couldn't box to save my life. lol

If we were't allowed to hurt someone in competition, you also have to kill off football (both versions), baseball, basketball, rugby, volleyball (I've hurt men playing volleyball. I could spike hard).... If you kill off hurting someone in athletics, I think I finally get my way and Monopoly becomes and Olympic Sport. Yay!

Until that happens, feel free to knock a guys block off. He thought he was going to do it to you. It's fine. :D
 
.

"whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also"



Might not be the best advice for a boxer.
 
I enjoy watching boxing matches! My sister's boyfriend years ago taught me a few "street" moves for self-defense and he proclaimed that I had "a heck of a right hook." I've only had to use it a few times since. ROFL!!!! :rolleyes:

This cat really gets into boxing:

[video=youtube;si4go3Hraq8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si4go3Hraq8[/video]
 
Hahaha :)... I'm more of your floyd mayweather defensive style boxer fighting out of the philly shell stance rather than your mike tyson all action brawler style. Tyson was unstoppable at his peak though, a force of nature.