Is crossdressing a sin?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

Hesyasha

I dont understand.
How do people think the law is done away with?

The law is not "Sin" , its "Sin Consciousness" or being aware of sin. It doesnt teach you how to sin, it does the opposite, teaches you how not to sin. If 'el (GOD) done away with the law, your saying sin doesn't exist any more, and If sin doesn't exist, your saying the devil doesn't exist either! It makes no scene. Even YASHA' (Jesus) said himself in Matthew 5: 17-18, KJV
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
This means that not an SINGLE THING from the old testament will change until all is fulfilled (after the Revelation has passed).
So if you still want to be ignorant and say that doesn't matter either, you can just give up hope.

A

AgeofKnowledge

Actually the Mosaic Law was a covenant God had with the ancient nation of Israel. A primary purpose of the Law was to direct the behavior of the Israelites in a manner that reflected their status as God's chosen people. It consisted of a comprehensive set of guidelines that can be divided into three domains (e.g. moral, civil, and ceremonial). Read this for more information: What is the difference between the ceremonial law, the moral law, and the judicial law in the Old Testament?

When Christ fulfilled the Mosaic Law ushering in a new covenant, He did not negate God's holiness/morality. God's holiness/morality is eternal and unchanging as is God Himself. In theology we call this the immutability of God (e.g. Num. 23:19; 1 Sam. 15:29; Ps. 102:26; Mal. 3:6; 2 Tim. 2:13; Heb. 6:17–18; Jam. 1:17, etc...).

This is why immoral behavior is sin in both the old and new testament. The Mosaic Law with its ceremony and civil code may have been fulfilled by Christ but God's own holiness and normative morality, which are an extension of Himself, are immutable.

So let's put this in context with a scripture example. Under the old covenant Mosaic Law that God had with the ancient nation of Israel, Leviticus 19:19 was a prohibition given to forbid the Israelites from engaging in the fertility occult/cult practices of the pagan Canaanites.

The pagan Canaanites believed in occultist sympathetic magic, the idea that symbolic actions can influence pagan gods and nature. Mixing animal breeds, seeds, or materials was thought to “marry” them” so as magically to produce “offspring,” that is, agricultural bounty in the future.

The Canaanites also sacrificed their children by roasting them on bronze altars to pagan gods. Sodom and Gomorrah were in Canaan. The Canaanites practiced incest, homosexuality, zoophilia, pedophilia, and burned their children as sacrifices all in the name of their gods. It was a very sexually immoral, occultic, and wicked ancient nation and God ensured the Jews codified a legal system designed to keep them apart from the occultic pagan debauchery.

Under the new covenant, the ceremonial and civil portion no longer applies. Christians are free to mate different kinds of animals, plant their field with more than one kind of seed, and wear clothing woven of two or more kinds of materials. However, they are not to engage in the sin the ceremonial and civil portion of the law was designed to prevent.

In other words, go ahead and knit a wool blend sweater to keep you warm and comfortable in the Winter but don't fornicate in it as God's holiness is immutable for all creation forever.

I hope this adds some clarity. Peace.

I dont understand.
How do people think the law is done away with?

The law is not "Sin" , its "Sin Consciousness" or being aware of sin. It doesnt teach you how to sin, it does the opposite, teaches you how not to sin. If 'el (GOD) done away with the law, your saying sin doesn't exist any more, and If sin doesn't exist, your saying the devil doesn't exist either! It makes no scene. Even YASHA' (Jesus) said himself in Matthew 5: 17-18, KJV
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
This means that not an SINGLE THING from the old testament will change until all is fulfilled (after the Revelation has passed).
So if you still want to be ignorant and say that doesn't matter either, you can just give up hope.

Q

Quake10

I agree with age of knowledge. I feel absolutely no guilt eating shellfish, or pork or wearing clothes of both cotton and polyester. But i do believe my problem is for me crossdressing is a sexual sin (its not rebellious, but crossdressing to put it lighty, arouses me). Reading everyones comments and replies, i think that is my main problem.

H

Hesyasha

OK
I need to say something
The nation of Yisra'el (israel) is not dead.
In fact, I'm part of it. One of my jobs is to get people to to believe the WHOLE bible. There were only 3 things done away with that I can think of: Levitical Priesthood , animal burnt offerings and sacrifices, and having the sons and daughters of someone get punished for their father's sin.
I believe in Mashiyka (Christ) AND the laws of 'el (God), as for they are both required for salvation in the end. I'm actually keeping one of the Holy Days right now, Feast of Tabernacles. I'm not Christian , and Yisra'el is not a religion.
The laws weren't just for isreal, they were for Everyone that believes in Him.

Hebrews 10:1 says that the law has a shadow of good things to come. I want good things to come, and I'm sure you do as well. I'm not rejecting YASHA (Jesus), I believe everything he does, use his name in prayer, and keep the law. You won't die for keeping it. Just because YASHA (Jesus) fufilled the law, doesn't mean it ends.
He said not a thing shall be changed untill heaven and earth pass.

So, has He fufilled the law? Yes, he has fulfilled it.
Has heaven and earth passed yet? No, pretty sure it hasn't.
Law still required. All things in the Old Testament are still required.
Thank You for discussing this matter and it would be great too have a reply.

שלום (Peace).

A

AgeofKnowledge

We also don't bury women up to their necks and stone them to death in every town and city anymore either for adultery. You're wrong. If you wish to devote a thread to your heresy, I'll be happy to refute it for you as I've refuted those who have come before you falsely teaching similar heresies. But right now you're derailing this thread with those false assertions. So please start a specific thread for your heresy and I'll be along shortly to reduce it to ashes. Thanking you for your cooperation.

OK
I need to say something
The nation of Yisra'el (israel) is not dead.
In fact, I'm part of it. One of my jobs is to get people to to believe the WHOLE bible. There were only 3 things done away with that I can think of: Levitical Priesthood , animal burnt offerings and sacrifices, and having the sons and daughters of someone get punished for their father's sin.
I believe in Mashiyka (Christ) AND the laws of 'el (God), as for they are both required for salvation in the end. I'm actually keeping one of the Holy Days right now, Feast of Tabernacles. I'm not Christian , and Yisra'el is not a religion.
The laws weren't just for isreal, they were for Everyone that believes in Him.

Hebrews 10:1 says that the law has a shadow of good things to come. I want good things to come, and I'm sure you do as well. I'm not rejecting YASHA (Jesus), I believe everything he does, use his name in prayer, and keep the law. You won't die for keeping it. Just because YASHA (Jesus) fufilled the law, doesn't mean it ends.
He said not a thing shall be changed untill heaven and earth pass.

So, has He fufilled the law? Yes, he has fulfilled it.
Has heaven and earth passed yet? No, pretty sure it hasn't.
Law still required. All things in the Old Testament are still required.
Thank You for discussing this matter and it would be great too have a reply.

שלום (Peace).

H

Hesyasha

Fine. I'll start a thread. I will be SURE to prove you wrong and everyone alike. The world is messed up man.
But even if I get in your face IRL, You still won't understand. No one gets stoned. The Bible SAYS (in the new testament) Mark 4:10 KJV,

10And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 11He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. 12For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. 13Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
Up
14And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

In a nutshell, all this is saying that people like you will have a hard time trying to understand His word. The THEM and THEY in these verses are people against the law or any thing in the bible. There are people the can change; but at the same time, others will NEVER (great emphasis on NEVER) change. I want you to find what's right (and I mean that.) I won't get frustrated if you come back with offensive info.(in fact, I'd be glad!) I'm only 13 (don't try to change me , I know more). My sword is SHARP, I've been through worst. Surely it will cut through you.

I have the most intelligent man on the planet on my side (along with 100 others (in counting )) . Don't worry.
In fact, scratch that. I am very intelligent as well. Your smart too! I know you can get this.

You just need to give up some things.

But still,

I will be back...

Last edited by a moderator:
H

Hesyasha

My blades getting SHARPER. Im an Assassin.

Explain what i just said.

If you do so correctly, I need to talk with you.

shrimp

Aug 28, 2011
I'm not offended. A lot of people still follow the law of Sinai. That's their business, there's just likely to be a lot of cross dressers who read this and I'm defending the new covenant, that we've been released from the law and made holy and righteous in His sight to manifest the Kingdom on earth.

My androgyneity has nothing to do with my ability to love people and know God, and it shouldn't affect anyone else. :) People can disagree, but your only argument is the law of sin and death written on tablets of stone, ministering the covenant of the letter which kills and brings no life. Enjoy your freedom, free from sin and religious conduct.
What if it was pointed out in the New Testament?

shrimp

Aug 28, 2011
[h=1]1 Corinthians 6:8-10King James Version (KJV)[/h]8 Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

[h=2][SUP]1[/SUP]ef·fem·i·nate[/h] adjective \-nət\
: having or showing qualities that are considered more suited to women than to men : not manly

1-courtesy of Merriam-Webster

L

Lexi777

So i really haven't been reading the past comments so i apologize if someone already shared this but [FONT=Source Sans Pro, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Deuteronomy 22:5 says this: "[/FONT] “A woman shall not wear a man’s garment, nor shall a man put on a woman’s cloak, ufor whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God." Therefore, cross-dressing is talked about in the Bible and your answer is there. I hope this helps.

K

kym

I am a crossdresser, and I don't want to argue about what is said in that Old Testament verse. Did not Christ come to abolish the rules of the O.T.

Nov 14, 2016
I am a crossdresser, and I don't want to argue about what is said in that Old Testament verse. Did not Christ come to abolish the rules of the O.T.
****we are not under the Old Testament*****we are under Grace and Christ****I don't know all that your into-----I don't have experience in this area of what your into----do you think Christ is pleased with this type of behavior...(not to condemn you), but I think our sexual identity should not be switched around---this would go against what Christ said about the creation and purpose of man for relations and marriage (Matthew 19:8)---from the beginning God created order in regards to men and women and Jesus supported this model...

Nov 14, 2016
****we are not under the Old Testament*****we are under Grace and Christ****I don't know all that your into-----I don't have experience in this area of what your into----do you think Christ is pleased with this type of behavior...(not to condemn you), but I think our sexual identity should not be switched around---this would go against what Christ said about the creation and purpose of man for relations and marriage (Matthew 19:8)---from the beginning God created order in regards to men and women and Jesus supported this model...
****just to add a note---I Corinthians 6:9 talks about effeminate men (this might include cross dressing) as condemned as serious sin...

Nov 14, 2016
I Corinthians 11:3-15 deals with men appearing as women (hair)---I believe it goes back to God's original design of men and women and not to mix or confuse the gender issue------I am not prejudice against homosexual, cross-dressers, ect.-----I've been around for a while and I accept people as people, but the issue is what does God accept and not accept----you know some Christians want to even take Hell out of the Bible because they feel it is wrong and of course we know more than God at times it seems...

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Men wearing women's clothes, is like women trying to wear men's jock straps. You ain't supposed to do it.. lol

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
You kill me with that every time lol!
I love it how ppl try to justify their sins by twisting scripturea lol

Men wearing women's clothes, is like women trying to wear men's jock straps. You ain't supposed to do it.. lol

Aug 16, 2016
Matthew 5:17 - Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. Christ also said if you love me you will obey my commandments. God is merciful & will forgive you however if you truly love God you will try your best to give that up. God does not want men dressing as women

Mar 2, 2016
yes...except for guys wearing a thong and having a tramp stamp. That is still very much not abolished.

K

kaylagrl

No,Christ came to fulfill the law.

C

chuck001

you may be facing a strong temptation but do your best to stay away from this practice. Nothing good can come of it. You may end up going further and abandoning your masculine ways thus choosing to change your gender. Please be careful