Is crossdressing a sin?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 3, 2016
God knows his heart. He'll either do God's will or he won't (Jn 7:17).
Yes, and others are supposed to tell him what God says in His Word about this so he is informed of the consequences of his decision to knowingly live in rebellion against the Lord.

One needs to know the truth... rather than being encouraged to live in sin and it's all good with God which is a lie cause, it's not all good with God be live in sin!

Dec 3, 2016
Nothing like a few cross dressing cartoons eh?

May 18, 2017
[God knows his heart. He'll either do God's will or he won't (Jn 7:17).] Yes, and others are supposed to tell him what God says in His Word about this so he is informed of the consequences of his decision to knowingly live in rebellion against the Lord.
As everyone has done here, yes (Deut 22:5, Mt 19:4). I don't think he--and he is a he--disagrees. He--and he is a he--lives in disgust with himself. If he's truly repentant, then God will clean him up (Heb. 9:14).

One needs to know the truth... rather than being encouraged to live in sin...
A Christian would not encourage him to live in sin. He'd get that advice from God haters.

...and it's all good with God which is a lie cause, it's not all good with God be live in sin!
Jesus came to set the sinner free (Jn 1:29). He didn't come because he had nothing better to do.

May 18, 2017
L

LandryM

There are tons of commandments in the OT given to the Jews that nobody is expected to follow now. The NT did away with the OT law, and if it isn't a commandment given in the NT, it doesn't apply under the New Covenant in my opinion. You just have to think about the consequences of your actions and make a moral decision. I see no reason why you shouldn't dress however you want to. Using the OT to decide is silly because you wouldn't forbid anyone from eating shellfish or wearing mixed fabrics, or expect anyone to make an animal sacrifice to appease their sins. Plus, the idea of clothing being specific to men or women is a completely human construct and it changes all the time. High heels used to be for men. The color blue used to be a girl color. Clothes are just clothes. Do what makes you comfortable and as long as you aren't hurting anyone, why would it be a problem? We can't just pick and choose bits of the OT to dictate what is allowed now because we think it's weird or icky. That's not biblical.

May 28, 2017
There are tons of commandments in the OT given to the Jews that nobody is expected to follow now. The NT did away with the OT law, and if it isn't a commandment given in the NT, it doesn't apply under the New Covenant in my opinion. You just have to think about the consequences of your actions and make a moral decision. I see no reason why you shouldn't dress however you want to. Using the OT to decide is silly because you wouldn't forbid anyone from eating shellfish or wearing mixed fabrics, or expect anyone to make an animal sacrifice to appease their sins. Plus, the idea of clothing being specific to men or women is a completely human construct and it changes all the time. High heels used to be for men. The color blue used to be a girl color. Clothes are just clothes. Do what makes you comfortable and as long as you aren't hurting anyone, why would it be a problem? We can't just pick and choose bits of the OT to dictate what is allowed now because we think it's weird or icky. That's not biblical.
Excellent wording!

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
God doesn't want men looking like women, nor women looking like men..

slave

Mar 20, 2015
The real question is: "Are we able to pervert God's blessings and still stand before Him unharmed?" Take a moment in the stillness of His light and your spirit will answer that for the sake of the abundant life felt in the fullness of Jesus Christ. Then ask yourself, "Am I aware of what gives me life and joy? Is it His joy that gives me strength, or is it my (familiar old) desires that drive my joy home for me?" Let yourself get to know the Lord, and He will show Himself as yourself better served in all things. Be patient with God for He is patient with you. He is the wisdom we must attach ourselves to.

Crossdressing - is it a perversion of a good thing? Or is crossdressing simply a godly thing best serving you? The Spirit of God will let you know. And He has an answer for you.

Last edited: