Is Emmet Fox a heretic?????

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Ok thanks
I think his influence could be that they may use his material or something. Not sure.
But that is not really bothering me.
I am seeing his books read in our businessmen bible class.
I am EXTREMELY unsettled in my spirit.
Come out from among them.
14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
You know, I just looked Emmet Fox up and found his book contained the subtitle "The Key to Success in Life". Red Flag indeed! This is attachment to worldly living. In the Kingdom of God, we do not worry about success because we already succeeded by accepting Jesus Christ and being saved by God. The rest is just details. We are OK with whatever God gives us going forward. We do not suffer from greed for we have given our life up already to gain the Kingdom of Heaven.

Godspeed.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I do appreciate that. Thanks
You are very welcome, Absolutely :) One woman I knew/know in NA was (many years ago) reading and gushing about Emmet's Sermon on the Mount book, which made me slightly curious, but that was long before my conversion, and I generally avoided anything that seemed to have ties to the Bible :geek: Interesting for me following my conversion was to find out that she was not Christian, because she always carried a very strong message of recovery, and often talked about God in ways that were inspiring and inoffensive to non-believers. 12 step groups have autonomy up to a point as long as they are not violating the time-honored traditions; some even have smudge ceremonies as part of their proceedings. So outside materials and practices are allowed by some, but they would probably be the minority. It is the guidance, support, inspiration, and direction people find once they seriously start seeking solutions to their problems that keep people coming back to recovery rooms despite any misgivings they may have about God.

Seeking after God's will in our lives is central to the 12 steps, which many find offense in, being enemies of God, but this aversion of the natural man is often overcome due to the desperation alcoholics and addicts find (and anyone else suffering as a result of whatever dilemma they find themselves in when they seek help from any number of the hundreds of off-shoot programs that have borrowed and adapted the12 steps from AA) once they hit bottom. God is and always has been the solution, but, LOL, there are those too who have removed the solution from the solution offered. They call themselves rational ;):LOL:

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
The question is whether the Lord wants us to condemn the man or to look at what he teaches and compare it to scripture. The Lord tells us to keep to scripture without taking away or adding to it, and not to judge men.

Emerson and Thoreau were leading transcendentalist. They were fine men who influenced for good, and we know some of their philosophical ideas were opposed to scripture.

Jul 23, 2018
You are very welcome, Absolutely :) One woman I knew/know in NA was (many years ago) reading and gushing about Emmet's Sermon on the Mount book, which made me slightly curious, but that was long before my conversion, and I generally avoided anything that seemed to have ties to the Bible :geek: Interesting for me following my conversion was to find out that she was not Christian, because she always carried a very strong message of recovery, and often talked about God in ways that were inspiring and inoffensive to non-believers. 12 step groups have autonomy up to a point as long as they are not violating the time-honored traditions; some even have smudge ceremonies as part of their proceedings. So outside materials and practices are allowed by some, but they would probably be the minority. It is the guidance, support, inspiration, and direction people find once they seriously start seeking solutions to their problems that keep people coming back to recovery rooms despite any misgivings they may have about God.

Seeking after God's will in our lives is central to the 12 steps, which many find offense in, being enemies of God, but this aversion of the natural man is often overcome due to the desperation alcoholics and addicts find (and anyone else suffering as a result of whatever dilemma they find themselves in when they seek help from any number of the hundreds of off-shoot programs that have borrowed and adapted the12 steps from AA) once they hit bottom. God is and always has been the solution, but, LOL, there are those too who have removed the solution from the solution offered. They call themselves rational ;):LOL:
That is helpful slso.
Because the guy promoting the book is a recovered opiod/alcoholic.
I think that book is a big time marker and maybe something of an idol.
I know I offended him yesterday when I sent him info on the man Emmet and his ties to false doctrine.
I think I put him at a cross road that he is not ready to embrace. His name is Mike and he evangelize everywhere he goes....but almost zero results.
His pastor is baptist and has a radio program.
Very anti Holy Spirit.
Mike sees the man as "the final authority"
Our "teacher" is president of the Baptist association here in our area. He is seeking the baptism in the Holy Spirit.
(But not very intensely)
He just knows there has to be more out there.
It completely blows their mind when I tell them stories and expound on Gods word under the unction.
I wish I could take a picture of their faces. Lol.
But they are so grounded in their small picture religion has restrained them and dwarfed their Spirit man.

Anyway I do not want to crush their spirits. I am there as a "provoker" to provoke them higher and into a walk of intimacy. (As well as myself needing more).
I get very little from the deal.
I just want more for them.
That is why I attend.
If it were not for my burden for them I would quit today.

Please pray for mike. I am letting him stew in the short sentences I spoke yesterday.
His icon has taken a bit of a fall. (Emmet).
But now I see why my Spirit was turning somersaults lol.
Now it is Mike that has me concerned.

Jul 23, 2018
The question is whether the Lord wants us to condemn the man or to look at what he teaches and compare it to scripture. The Lord tells us to keep to scripture without taking away or adding to it, and not to judge men.

Emerson and Thoreau were leading transcendentalist. They were fine men who influenced for good, and we know some of their philosophical ideas were opposed to scripture.
Yes I somewhat agree.

It has to do with the setting.
That book "works" in a secular environment.
But for me it reminds me of saul going to that median.

If they open the door to such a polluted dynamic as seeking success from a transcendentalist unity cult pastor.....then I will not participate.

Jul 23, 2018
You know, I just looked Emmet Fox up and found his book contained the subtitle "The Key to Success in Life". Red Flag indeed! This is attachment to worldly living. In the Kingdom of God, we do not worry about success because we already succeeded by accepting Jesus Christ and being saved by God. The rest is just details. We are OK with whatever God gives us going forward. We do not suffer from greed for we have given our life up already to gain the Kingdom of Heaven.

Godspeed.
Success is ok.
Prosperity is harmful to some,but a tool to others.
I understand the dangers and shipwreck prosperity brings to some,but heavens economy is prosperity and abundance.

I have to embrace both or remove the prosperity verses.
I like what paul said
"I have learned to be content in both lack and abundance "

I have almost zero concern personally for some danger of success.
Any battle fought or payday sought has victory/success as it's target

Jul 23, 2018
Come out from among them.
14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
Yes
Good word friend

Jul 23, 2018
No idea who this person is and I have no interest in researching them.
If your spirit is unsettled, then listen to it. I've had the same thing once when a congregation I attended held meetings in my house teaching about Holy Spirit from one of those Bethel guys, I couldn't stand it but I put with it for a little while, then we left that congregation. In hindsight I shouldve spoken up my concern, I would do that now, God has helped me with boldness over the years, still have a long way to go though hehe.
As others have already suggested, voice your concern, you'll soon find out if you belong there.
Yep.
I know what you mean.
I believe God has a purpose for me being there.
It is kinda comical, the things that they try to discern.

I am so thankful I got saved in a Spirit Baptised fellowship.

Those roots have propelled me into intimacy.
That is what all our hearts see needing.
Intimacy in the walk/relationship.

Once that happens.....you are forever "ruined" to dry mental dynamics and meetings.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
That is helpful slso.
Because the guy promoting the book is a recovered opiod/alcoholic.
I think that book is a big time marker and maybe something of an idol.
I know I offended him yesterday when I sent him info on the man Emmet and his ties to false doctrine.
I think I put him at a cross road that he is not ready to embrace. His name is Mike and he evangelize everywhere he goes....but almost zero results.
His pastor is baptist and has a radio program.
Very anti Holy Spirit.
Mike sees the man as "the final authority"
Our "teacher" is president of the Baptist association here in our area. He is seeking the baptism in the Holy Spirit.
(But not very intensely)
He just knows there has to be more out there.
It completely blows their mind when I tell them stories and expound on Gods word under the unction.
I wish I could take a picture of their faces. Lol.
But they are so grounded in their small picture religion has restrained them and dwarfed their Spirit man.

Anyway I do not want to crush their spirits. I am there as a "provoker" to provoke them higher and into a walk of intimacy. (As well as myself needing more).
I get very little from the deal.
I just want more for them.
That is why I attend.
If it were not for my burden for them I would quit today.

Please pray for mike. I am letting him stew in the short sentences I spoke yesterday.
His icon has taken a bit of a fall. (Emmet).
But now I see why my Spirit was turning somersaults lol.
Now it is Mike that has me concerned.
I would dare say your friend Mike is not recovered until he surrenders much more fully to the One True God, but this cannot be forced on anyone, as he needs to come of his own choices to surrender his opposition, whatever its roots, and however it manifests. I relapsed after eight years clean and sober having not come to this place of final acceptance and surrender... seeking, yes, exploring my notions of spirituality and practicing things I felt led into, but always for many years rejecting anything that smacked of religion and the Bible. It did take God powerfully and profoundly working in my life to loosen my stiff neck, and eventually everything changed (eventually because I resisted quite a bit at first), as my world was irrevocably turned upside down, and I thank God for that :) I do understand the difficulty you face in dealing with such people, as I have had pentagrams waved in my face at meetings :oops: And people do go on sometimes in ways that make it so obvious that they are looking for the ultimate answer while they yet reject it. There but for the grace of God go I, as they say :)

Jul 23, 2018
I have found out that emmit is one of many "transcendentalists".

From christianity.com;
""However, some ideas of transcendentalism are clearly at odds with the tenets of the Bible. For example, the Bible is clear that humans are in a depraved state (Romans 3:10-12) and even nature suffers under the effects of sin (Romans 8:22). This goes against the transcendentalist idea of intrinsic goodness. Also, the Bible describes nature and humanity as creations of God (Genesis 1-2), not as divine themselves, contradicting the ideas of the divinity of nature and humanity or of humans as “gods in ruins.” ""

Jul 23, 2018
Emmet is connected to unity,metaphysics, and trancendendalism.

Now I know you can not dabble in that and not get burned.

One fruit will be confusion.

KaseyJones

May 8, 2021
Thank you for asking this question about Emmet Fox. I have read/followed his teachings for many years, believing him to be a Christian. Recently a red flag went up for me, and this thread has helped tremendously.