S
I don't think so. I know that the Masons and Shriner are connected somehow, though.
No, they're very different. Rotary clubs have no nefarious spiritual practices or beliefs. It's just a club of people helping out their community using their collective skills and talents and time.
Ok, this is what I found. Masons and Shriners - Shriners International
One must be the highest order of freemason to become a shriner (Be A Shriner Now). Although the masons and especially the shriners are active doing "good works", they are ultimately deceived into or actively blaspheming the Holy Name of God. How? Do some studying... Find out who the freemasons worship or see as "god", learn about this syncretistic god of theirs. Learn about this "phallic cult" and see how depraved and distorted it's secret ways are...
dave, click on the link above in violacat's reply. Not all Masons are Shriners, and not all Shriners are Masons. My dad is only a Shriner. I agree with ToMegaTherion. For the most part, Masons organize community services such as barbeques, lobster bakes (which is all the Masons, Shriners, and their friends and family attending a barbecue style seafood buffet, and contributing to organizations such as the children's hospitals mentioned in my OP. I'm sure they do other things as well, but then maybe that's only what the Masons and Shriner's do here in Vermont. Each state may do something different.![]()
No they are not the same thing. Most people don't even know what the Masonic Lodge is. It is mostly speculation.
To be fair neither do masons...