Is God’s law a weapon against Satan?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

unobtrusive

Jul 23, 2017
Jeremiah 9:13-16
13 And the Lord saith, Because they have forsaken my law which I set before them, and have not obeyed my voice, neither walked therein;
14 But have walked after the imagination of their own heart, and after Baalim, which their fathers taught them:
15 Therefore thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will feed them, even this people, with wormwood, and give them water of gall to drink.
16 I will scatter them also among the heathen, whom neither they nor their fathers have known: and I will send a sword after them, till I have consumed them.

Above is a description of the lost 10 tribes of Israel, to this day have never returned to the promised land.

As we know, Israel failed to overtake all those in Canaan land that practiced the worshipping of false gods. It is obvious today that we still have these same practices. Consider the opioid epidemic. Mexico is now manufacturing their own opioids and smuggling them into the the U.S. As I understand it (according to the Word of God) mind-altering drugs contribute to the underworld of “witchcraft.”

Today we can see Galatians 5:19-21 permeating, growing, and very substantial within the borders of our own country. It reads, “Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.”

Why does this seem to have free reign in our own society? Are we just sitting back and letting it increase?

Deuteronomy 6:17-19
17 Ye shall diligently keep the commandments of the Lord your God, and his testimonies, and his statutes, which he hath commanded thee.
18 And thou shalt do that which is right and good in the sight of the Lord: that it may be well with thee, and that thou mayest go in and possess the good land which the Lord sware unto thy fathers.
19 To cast out all thine enemies from before thee, as the Lord hath spoken.

We know that the adversarial powers that be are spiritual resistance against the truth, and are not of the true kingdom of God through Christ Jesus. "Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
(Ephesians 6:12)

How do we do this if we claim to be grafted into the true vine?

Satan has his own council that isn’t God’s council. Where has God's council retreated to? Are we claiming salvation and carrying a weapon with no ammunition? What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2017
this is to ancient israel tho????????? how is this supposed to help america lol..........

unobtrusive

Jul 23, 2017
this is to ancient israel tho????????? how is this supposed to help america lol..........
Many in America claim to be followers of God Almighty. I am questioning our influence, and why it seems so weak. There is a connection between Ephraim and Manasseh, Joseph's sons, and the United States. Ephraim received the birthright and I find no biblical record that it passed on to anyone else.

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." (Psalm46:1) David defeated Goliath. A man after God's own heart.

"O Lord, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit." (Jeremiah 16:19)

"Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the Lord with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the Lord will be with you." (2 Chronicles 20:17)

Israel won when they obeyed God's commands, and lost when they didn't. They fought against giants who were not the Almighty God's creation of procreation as instructed to Adam and Eve who were human. They were of the council of demonic influence to say the least. We fight spiritual wars in every case since the fall in Eden.

Paul wrote to the Gentiles in Corinth, "Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come."
(1 Corinthians 10:11)

Last edited:

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
"There is a connection between Ephraim and Manasseh, Joseph's sons, and the United States"

I see, you're one of those ...... nuff said..

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
[h=1][/h][h=1][/h][h=1][/h]"And they overcame him (Satan) by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony..." Rev. 12:11

The only power is in the blood of Christ who defeated Satan on the cross. And we need to keep giving testimony of that. To do otherwise takes the focus off of Jesus and puts it on ourselves as having the power.

Along with that, our faith is that shield that blocks off of the fiery darts of the enemy.

Why do people tend to ignore the power that the sacrificed blood of Christ did for us. It not only defeated Satan, but opened the way to the Father.

unobtrusive

Jul 23, 2017
"And they overcame him (Satan) by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony..." Rev. 12:11

The only power is in the blood of Christ who defeated Satan on the cross. And we need to keep giving testimony of that. To do otherwise takes the focus off of Jesus and puts it on ourselves as having the power.

Along with that, our faith is that shield that blocks off of the fiery darts of the enemy.

Why do people tend to ignore the power that the sacrificed blood of Christ did for us. It not only defeated Satan, but opened the way to the Father.
In early Old Testament times war was often seen as a holy war, a conflict initiated and led by God. Such a war was declared by God, Himself (Exodus 17:16; Numbers 31:1-3, 1 Samuel 15:1-3), and every facet of war had religious significance because of real false god's who had been expelled for the Kingdom of Heaven and taken human form known a giants. Before Israel entered into the promised land these entities ruled Canaan land.

As I mentioned in the OP
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
(Ephesians 6:12)"

The fight we fight is not person to person. We must understand that it's a spiritual war against adversarial persuasions that are against the righteous council (His Kingdom) of God. That's my entire point. It seems/appears that we are in retreat these days. Doesn't it appear that way as long as we continue to see with our own eyes that things are getting worse instead of better? What are the weapons of this spiritual war? That's the rhetorical question. Have we discarded the weapon that really works, and are we shooting blanks?

The law will go out from Zion, the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. He will judge between the nations and will settle disputes for many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. (NIV, Isaiah 2:3-4)

In the New Testament, war is universally seen as evil and Jesus emphasized peace instead. He advised us to avoid retaliation and revenge and to extend our love even to our enemies.

We are to love all people, but are we to love the destroyer of the underworld?

"
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." (James 4:7)

Last edited:

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The entire Hebrew Bible (the Tanakh) is frequently called "the Law" in Scripture, which means that the Word of God is also the Law of God. This would then incorporate the New Testament also. And the Holy Spirit has already told us that the Sword of the Spirit in the Word of God (Eph 6:17). So just as Jesus of Nazareth used the Word of God to demolish the temptations presented to Him by Satan (Matthew 4:1-11), He has given us His Word to do the same.

Scripture is both alive (or living) and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword (Hebrews 4:12,13). But Christains are commanded to (a) study the Word by laboring in it, just a a miner works very hard with blood and sweat in order to dig out nuggets of gold and (b) "rightly divide" or properly interpret Scripture, just as a surgeon properly applies his scalpel to perform his surgery (2 Tim 2:15).

On of the saddest aspects of modern evangelical and fundamentalist churches is thar believers are not being taught the mechanics of serious Bible study so that each one can discover God's truth through prayer and diligent study. Instead many (if not most) Christians are being spoon fed and also being bombarded by televangelists and false teachers so that they become confused about what God has actually revealed.

unobtrusive

Jul 23, 2017
The entire Hebrew Bible (the Tanakh) is frequently called "the Law" in Scripture, which means that the Word of God is also the Law of God. This would then incorporate the New Testament also. And the Holy Spirit has already told us that the Sword of the Spirit in the Word of God (Eph 6:17). So just as Jesus of Nazareth used the Word of God to demolish the temptations presented to Him by Satan (Matthew 4:1-11), He has given us His Word to do the same.

Scripture is both alive (or living) and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword (Hebrews 4:12,13). But Christains are commanded to (a) study the Word by laboring in it, just a a miner works very hard with blood and sweat in order to dig out nuggets of gold and (b) "rightly divide" or properly interpret Scripture, just as a surgeon properly applies his scalpel to perform his surgery (2 Tim 2:15).

On of the saddest aspects of modern evangelical and fundamentalist churches is thar believers are not being taught the mechanics of serious Bible study so that each one can discover God's truth through prayer and diligent study. Instead many (if not most) Christians are being spoon fed and also being bombarded by televangelists and false teachers so that they become confused about what God has actually revealed.
Well spoken my friend! Paul was also discussed, and would agree with you in my opinion. Sometimes we don't put the Word of God together in context failing to be people "rightly dividing the Word of truth."

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." (2 Timothy 2:15)

1 Corinthians 3:1-3
1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
[SUP]2 [/SUP]I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
[SUP]3 [/SUP]For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

Last edited:
F

FinalMomentsOfTime

My studying of the Scriptures has revealed to me that indeed the Law of God is a hedge of protection against the wiles of the enemy. Obedience to God is not limited to Israel, for if it was, why would the LORD constantly tell them to share that light with the surrounding nations? Satan has created a lawless Christianity that mimics the true, and uses the Scriptures to advocate it. We are protected through obedience (driven by love), we are not protected by disobedience. If we were, then Satan should have never been cast out of heaven for disobeying God.

unobtrusive

Jul 23, 2017
My studying of the Scriptures has revealed to me that indeed the Law of God is a hedge of protection against the wiles of the enemy. Obedience to God is not limited to Israel, for if it was, why would the LORD constantly tell them to share that light with the surrounding nations? Satan has created a lawless Christianity that mimics the true, and uses the Scriptures to advocate it. We are protected through obedience (driven by love), we are not protected by disobedience. If we were, then Satan should have never been cast out of heaven for disobeying God.
Under the leadership of King David, Israel was together, but the battles were continuous. Battles weren't between the themselves, they were with the Philistines who were pagan worshippers that Israel failed to eradicate throughout the promised-land conquest. The Bible says David loved the law of God. Due to David's trust in the Word of God, his son Solomon, experienced the greatest wealth and peace that Israel had ever known. Nevertheless Solomon began compromising with false gods (Doctrine of Balaam) in the latter years of his life, and by the next generation that followed his reign, Israel was headed for destruction because they denied God's Word, progressively adhering more and more to pagan practices of influence. World history repeats this same scenario over and over, and we still aren't able to see the spiritual depth of such great demonic influence.

Rhetorically, why are we unable to see how the door opens for spiritual demonic influences to enter when we claim to have The Spirit of the Living God? He sees, why can't we? What are we missing ...or denying?

Last edited:

unobtrusive

Jul 23, 2017
Look at what happened in Charlottesville, Virginia yesterday. As Christians, we know that our religion says to love our neighbour as ourselves, and in order to do that we first should love God by obeying His Word.

"In that I command thee this day to love the Lord thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the Lord thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it." (Deuteronomy 30:16)

"If ye love me, keep my commandments." (John 14:15)

In reading the Bible closely, we should all know that the Word of God is Jesus. Our Saviour speaks the Word of God. Then we know that our Saviour (audibly) gave Moses the commandments. In Spirit, those commandments haven't changed.

"
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil." (Matthew 5:17)

We say that we do those things, yet at the same time say that His commandments are for another set of people, and that the principles to love defined in the Old Testament are not incorporated into the "New Covenant." The law tells us how to exact love according to righteousness, but it surely seems as if we adhere to exacting love according to our own imaginations and feelings. How can we begin to even hope to stop discrimination between sects of ethnic groups if we refuse to be taught how to love the right way?

Leviticus 19:11-18
[SUP]11 [/SUP]Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the Lord.
[SUP]13 [/SUP]Thou shalt not defraud thy neighbour, neither rob him: the wages of him that is hired shall not abide with thee all night until the morning.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]Thou shalt not curse the deaf, nor put a stumblingblock before the blind, but shalt fear thy God: I am the Lord.
[SUP]15 [/SUP]Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honor the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.
[SUP]16 [/SUP]Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour; I am the Lord.
[SUP]17 [/SUP]Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.
[SUP]18 [/SUP]Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the Lord.

Is the law a burden or a blessing when we abide by it? Are we free to be lawless, or are we free by the Word of God?

Nov 22, 2015
Paul who knew the law better then anyone had this to say about the purpose of the law.

The purpose of the law was :

1) To reveal our sinful state - Rom 3:20

2) To inflame sin - Rom 7:8

3) To minister death in us - Rom 7:10-11

4) To lead us to Christ - Gal 3:24

The law is good, holy and spiritual but we are in the flesh. Jesus fulfilled all the law!

When we read the law we should be seeing Jesus in it. Jesus did not save us so that we could go back to the law.

The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus is how we live now,

the law of liberty in Christ Jesus

the law of love

the law of faith ( the Law is NOT of faith - the just shall live by faith ).

The law of Christ - Himself is how we live now.

But the purpose of the law was not for righteousness or salvation at all, it was to manifest sin in our lives, so that the purpose of grace which is in Jesus is to manifest salvation. Grace does not set aside the law, but completely satisfied it.

Jesus said that all of the law and the prophets "speak of Him" He is the real substance - not the shadow of the Law itself.

Christians are dead to the Law, been released from the Law and are NOT under the Law. It can't get any plainer than that.

People are free to do whatever they want in relation to the Law - it does not make one righteous nor is it for salvation.

Nov 22, 2015
How do we live now in the New Covenant if the Christian has died to the law of Moses, been released from the law and not under the law but under grace now?

We don't need to live by the moral code in the law of Moses which says in Lev. 18:23 to not have sex with a animal. The law of Christ Himself , the law of love, the law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus will stop this.

People often say to those that speak of the grace of God and that they are not under the law of Moses including the 10 commandments anymore that they believe they are without "laws" now.

Does that mean we can now kill people? Does that mean we can now steal?

The word "law" means "principle, rule, instruction".

We do have laws in the New Covenant.

They are exciting laws that bring life and wholeness to us all - because these are all Christ Himself in us.
Jesus fulfilled the law.

The law ( which the 10 commandments were a part of ) was a mere shadow of the real thing which was Jesus.

Read the law to see Jesus in it and to know that Jesus did that for us and His life in us now leads us in all things. Those who are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God.

We now live by:

1) The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus. ( Romans 8:2 )

2) The law of love ( Romans 13:10 James 2:8 )

3) The law of faith ( Romans 3:27 and the law of Moses is NOT of faith - Gal. 3:12 )

4) The law of liberty in Christ Jesus ( James 1:25 )

5) The law of Christ - which is Christ Himself in us. ( Gal. 6:2 )

We can trust the Holy Spirit and the life of Christ Himself in us to lead us in all affairs of life. We don't go back to the law of Moses that were a shadow of the real thing which is Christ in us..
Jesus is more then enough.

Yes...we glory in the laws that we have in the New Covenant because they are all Christ Himself living in and through us. ( Gal.2:20 and Col. 3:3 )

Get this wrong and we create a religion which really nullifies the grace of God from operating in our lives like it was meant to.

Galatians 5:22-23 (NASB)

[SUP]22 [/SUP]
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

[SUP]23 [/SUP]
gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

unobtrusive

Jul 23, 2017
How do we live now in the New Covenant if the Christian has died to the law of Moses, been released from the law and not under the law but under grace now?

We don't need to live by the moral code in the law of Moses which says in Lev. 18:23 to not have sex with a animal. The law of Christ Himself , the law of love, the law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus will stop this.

People often say to those that speak of the grace of God and that they are not under the law of Moses including the 10 commandments anymore that they believe they are without "laws" now.

Does that mean we can now kill people? Does that mean we can now steal?

The word "law" means "principle, rule, instruction".

We do have laws in the New Covenant.

They are exciting laws that bring life and wholeness to us all - because these are all Christ Himself in us.
Jesus fulfilled the law.

The law ( which the 10 commandments were a part of ) was a mere shadow of the real thing which was Jesus.

Read the law to see Jesus in it and to know that Jesus did that for us and His life in us now leads us in all things. Those who are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God.

We now live by:

1) The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus. ( Romans 8:2 )

2) The law of love ( Romans 13:10 James 2:8 )

3) The law of faith ( Romans 3:27 and the law of Moses is NOT of faith - Gal. 3:12 )

4) The law of liberty in Christ Jesus ( James 1:25 )

5) The law of Christ - which is Christ Himself in us. ( Gal. 6:2 )

We can trust the Holy Spirit and the life of Christ Himself in us to lead us in all affairs of life. We don't go back to the law of Moses that were a shadow of the real thing which is Christ in us..
Jesus is more then enough.

Yes...we glory in the laws that we have in the New Covenant because they are all Christ Himself living in and through us. ( Gal.2:20 and Col. 3:3 )

Get this wrong and we create a religion which really nullifies the grace of God from operating in our lives like it was meant to.

[SUP]22 [/SUP]
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

[SUP]23 [/SUP]
The reason the law is not against the following is because it is the law, both Old and New, same thing. Principles of the same cannot be against each other.
[SUP]22 [/SUP]
[SUP]23 [/SUP]

Salvation is not via the law. The principles of the New and the Old are the same, just like the Father and Son. The law gives instructions on how to live and be blessed. It gives insight to exact proper judgement, mercy, and above all faith. (Matthew 23:23)

Fulfilling the law through Christ Jesus gives us a more in-depth "spiritual" view of the physical (parable/parallel), and by faith it is established. (Romans 3:31)

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever." (Hebrews 13:8)

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2015
2 Cor 3:14-18 is saying that to this day people that read Moses - there is a veil that covers their eyes and they can't see the real substance which is Christ.

The Law is a mere shadow of the real thing. When we turn to the Lord - the veil is lifted and we can now behold the glory of the Lord as in a mirror and the Hoy Spirit transforms us. - not the keeping of Moses's law.

Going back to the Law for life and transformation is committing spiritual adultery on the Lord. Romans 7:1-6 - we have died to the Law so that we could be joined to another - our Lord Jesus.

Going back to the Law after coming to Christ is like a husband looking at the pictures that his wife sent to him before they were married - but now he is married to his wife and she wants him to be with "her" now - not him looking at her pictures.

The Law was merely a picture, a type of the reality which is Christ and He is in us now and we are to be led by the Holy Spirit because we are now children of God.

Jesus fulfilled all the law of Moses. Now we live by His life flowing in and through us which will result in walking in love and life which is the whole essence of the law.

The whole law points to Christ Himself who is the real substance. Get this backwards by trying to live by the law of Moses and we create a religion. We can trust His life in us to walk out in this life what he has already done. We live by faith not by any law of Moses.

Dec 9, 2011
The law of GOD Is GOD's Perfect standard of righteousness but man Is carnal.The law of GOD then,Is used by the adversary against man because of the weakness of the flesh.
+++
Romans 7:20-23
King James Version(KJV)

20.)Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21.)I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22,)For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23,)But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

unobtrusive

Jul 23, 2017
Keep in mind that when Jesus resisted the Devil during the 40 days in the wilderness that He quote Deuteronomy 3 times. Does our Saviour actually want us to do it different than He did?

"Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law." (Romans 3:31)

Establishing anything, whether it be the law or not, is not going backwards, likened the cliché' we use of "going back to or under the law." If the law seems to condemn us, we might not be one of His in the first place. Thoughts worth contemplating. What God given entity would give our nation the ability to be like we used to be. Strong, prosperous, and truly blessed as a nation.

America, America, God shed his grace on thee,
And crown thy good worth brotherhood from sea to shining sea.

Look at what happened in Charlottesville, Virginia yesterday. As Christians, we know that our religion says to love our neighbour as ourselves, and in order to do that we first should love God by obeying His Word.

Last edited:

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Without the law there would be no knowledge of sin. If anything, God's law is a weapon that Satan uses to tempt and accuse.

unobtrusive

Jul 23, 2017
Without the law there would be no knowledge of sin. If anything, God's law is a weapon that Satan uses to tempt and accuse.
Maybe the law could be likened to the tree of the "knowledge of good and evil." The law does actually give us that knowledge, doesn't it? After all the law entered because of transgression. Does Christian apathy, and rejection of the law, actually contribute to "lawlessness? Looks like it to me considering all things. This nation is sure not going forward, it's going backwards. What's the cure?

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2012
Jeremiah 9:13-16
13 And the Lord saith, Because they have forsaken my law which I set before them, and have not obeyed my voice, neither walked therein;
14 But have walked after the imagination of their own heart, and after Baalim, which their fathers taught them:
15 Therefore thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will feed them, even this people, with wormwood, and give them water of gall to drink.
16 I will scatter them also among the heathen, whom neither they nor their fathers have known: and I will send a sword after them, till I have consumed them.

Above is a description of the lost 10 tribes of Israel, to this day have never returned to the promised land.

As we know, Israel failed to overtake all those in Canaan land that practiced the worshipping of false gods. It is obvious today that we still have these same practices. Consider the opioid epidemic. Mexico is now manufacturing their own opioids and smuggling them into the the U.S. As I understand it (according to the Word of God) mind-altering drugs contribute to the underworld of “witchcraft.”

Today we can see Galatians 5:19-21 permeating, growing, and very substantial within the borders of our own country. It reads, “Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.”

Why does this seem to have free reign in our own society? Are we just sitting back and letting it increase?

Deuteronomy 6:17-19
17 Ye shall diligently keep the commandments of the Lord your God, and his testimonies, and his statutes, which he hath commanded thee.
18 And thou shalt do that which is right and good in the sight of the Lord: that it may be well with thee, and that thou mayest go in and possess the good land which the Lord sware unto thy fathers.
19 To cast out all thine enemies from before thee, as the Lord hath spoken.

We know that the adversarial powers that be are spiritual resistance against the truth, and are not of the true kingdom of God through Christ Jesus. "Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
(Ephesians 6:12)

How do we do this if we claim to be grafted into the true vine?

Satan has his own council that isn’t God’s council. Where has God's council retreated to? Are we claiming salvation and carrying a weapon with no ammunition? What are your thoughts?

Jesus did not lead a rebellion nor a riot against the Romans occuation.

John 18:[SUP]36 [/SUP]Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Romans 13:1
Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.[SUP] 2 [/SUP]Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.[SUP] 3 [/SUP]For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:[SUP] 4 [/SUP]For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.[SUP] 5 [/SUP]Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.[SUP] 6 [/SUP]For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.[SUP] 7 [/SUP]Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.[SUP] 8 [/SUP]Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.[SUP] 9 [/SUP]For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.[SUP] 10 [/SUP]Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.[SUP]11 [/SUP]And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.[SUP]12 [/SUP]The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.[SUP]13 [/SUP]Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.[SUP]14 [/SUP]But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Let us set our minds and hearts on the things above, and not the things on the earth.