Is God A Moral Monster?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
And you didnt even touch my point just went off on the siderails again cause you got dumpstered. Exodus 3:14 true god according to you, exodus 3:15 YAHWEH (LORD) is mentioned false god, god of pharisees according to you?
As far as I know, at the time of Jesus everyone worshipped the God of the Pharisees, and this is what Jesus said:

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. Joh 8:44 KJV

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
As far as I know, at the time of Jesus everyone worshipped the God of the Pharisees, and this is what Jesus said:

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. Joh 8:44 KJV
I give up......... you dont see the problem that I AM is in verse 1 and the very next verse it says its YAHWEH who said the "I AM" comment? WOW. Spiritual blindness is spiritual blindness what can you do.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
The Israelites were trying to follow the Way of God.

But they got mixed up with what was Important and what wasn't.

They Sacrificed to God because it was a foreshadow of Christ. But they didn't have this in mind while they were sacrificing. They didn't know. And this is why God didn't delight in it.

It is more a description of the coming of Christianity and the ending of Judaism than a description of paganism.
They (the majority) rejected Christ, the I AM and continued as always.....

PS

Jan 11, 2013
I give up......... you dont see the problem that I AM is in verse 1 and the very next verse it says its YAHWEH who said the "I AM" comment? WOW. Spiritual blindness is spiritual blindness what can you do.
I do see the problem and I wish to withdraw my comment about YAHWEH. YAHWEH is the I AM. Point being Yahweh very rarely appears in the Old Testament as we have already discussed it is nearly always the LORD.

Now, LORD could just be another way of saying Yahweh, but the LORD is very prominent while we do not read very much about the pre-incarnate Jesus. It is the LORD who commands those dreadful things, things that the I AM abhors. So we have two G/gods with very different natures, and maybe you have an explanation, I certainly hope so.

I need to walk the dog but will be back presently.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Point being Yahweh very rarely appears in the Old Testament as we have already discussed it is nearly always the LORD.
Every time you see LORD in the OT the Hebrew is YHWH. The translators out of respect just didn't want to write down the sacred name.
Surely you knew that?

YHWH is all over the OT. look at a translation like the YLT it will have 'Jehovah' instead of LORD.

I AM THAT I AM = The LORD = YHWH

you make a distinction that the scriptures do not make.
Jesus is all over the OT too; no one has seen God at any time, but the Son has made Him known. Numerous times people in the OT say they have seen God - it is the Son they saw. Jesus is the pillar of cloud and fire, and the glory that filled the temple. He is the burning in the bush and the One who wrestled Jacob. He spoke with Abraham and He walked in the garden, and scripture calls Him LORD - the exact representation of the Unseen Father

Sep 29, 2019
Besides not having a clue about hermeneutics, which is probably just as well, since you don't believe the Bible, you have no comprehension of the character of God.

You keep harping that God's character is love and compassion, forgetting that justice is the other side of the same coin. You have made up a god that is palatable to you, then you attack the real God revealed in the Bible, proving (in your own mind!) that your god is a better one than the Bible, and in a feat of some kind of perverse logic, you demand that we all acknowledge the Bible is not true, because it does not conform to your made up god.

Really, your understanding of who God is, is infantile and self serving. We start with the Bible, and we pull out the character of God from the narratives, the wisdom literature, the prophets, the gospels in Jesus, and in Acts and the epistles and Revelation. Anything else is you laying your opinions on the real God, and trying to obscure who he is.

When you have read and studied the Bible over 50 times, ( like me!) plus in the original Greek and Hebrew, maybe you will have the right to share your pretentious, arrogant imaginings. Until then, you are not credible as to the truth of God found from Genesis to Revelation, a God you do not know!
Wow Angela! Don't hold back.....say how you feel lol! :) You seem to know an awful lot about me and my motives. You may have "read and studied the bible over 50 times", but that hasn't stopped you being a tad judgemental.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Every time you see LORD in the OT the Hebrew is YHWH. The translators out of respect just didn't want to write down the sacred name.
Surely you knew that?

YHWH is all over the OT. look at a translation like the YLT it will have 'Jehovah' instead of LORD.

Jesus is all over the OT too; no one has seen God at any time, but the Son has made Him known. Numerous times people in the OT say they have seen God - it is the Son they saw. Jesus is the pillar of cloud and fire, and the glory that filled the temple. He is the burning in the bush and the One who wrestled Jacob. He spoke with Abraham and He walked in the garden, and scripture calls Him LORD - the exact representation of the Unseen Father
Did you not see this I posted the other day.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/...CKLp53JQdpkliKmd8EIK30MTLFO95TALDZHXTAYCZ/pub

Sep 29, 2019
so you don't believe the Bible either?
Dibby thinks idiots wrote it, PS thinks half of it was authored by Satan, and now you say it's a '
creation of man' that inhibits true knowledge?
Hmmm I don't remember saying that. Perhaps you could quote me?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Wow Angela! Don't hold back.....say how you feel lol! :) You seem to know an awful lot about me and my motives. You may have "read and studied the bible over 50 times", but that hasn't stopped you being a tad judgemental.
Angela doesn't suffer bad hermeneutics. Learn the difference between judgement and truth. Truth is exclusive. Deal with it.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Surely you knew that?

Remember God is unchanging, so why the different personalties?

Sep 29, 2019
all you are doing is inventing a god in your mind. creating god in your image. i can also imagine a god, everyone is saved and they dont even need to repent and believe or do anything, they can be just as evil as they want and they will go to heaven. because come on dude Jesus is loving right. so thats why everyone is already saved. the bible? whats that? i feel like my doctrine is ok so its from God. im in my feelings about this
Your also imagining and caricaturing my position.

Sep 29, 2019
Angela doesn't suffer bad hermeneutics. Learn the difference between judgement and truth. Truth is exclusive. Deal with it.
Have you learnt the difference between judgment and truth? Do you have exclusivity of truth by a fautless interpretation of scripture? If you don't then maybe all YOU have is your own judgements. I admit I am fallible, flawed, subject to error and constantly need to learn. Isn't that true of us all, including the writers of the bible books?

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
so you don't believe the Bible either?
Dibby thinks idiots wrote it, PS thinks half of it was authored by Satan, and now you say it's a '
creation of man' that inhibits true knowledge?
You might want to take the time to research how the Bible came to exist. And particularly the Canonization process that spanned over 1500 years.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
You might want to take the time to research how the Bible came to exist. And particularly the Canonization process that spanned over 1500 years.
So by your non-answer you are confirming that you don't believe the Bible is true?

How do you decide which parts you believe? Like PS and Dibby, you just say the parts which appeal to you are true and the parts you find unappealing or difficult, you reject?

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
yes it was. question is, why did God allow adam and eve to live, when they were guilty of breaking Gods command?
I'd think the question would be, why didn't God show mercy and forgive them? Knowing they'd been led to disobey when they had not the capacity to reason against what was the wisest of all God's created angels, Lucifer? Who was Satan after God cast him out. The question there becomes, why did God let Lucifer live after leading a rebellion against Him in Heaven?

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
So by your non-answer you are confirming that you don't believe the Bible is true?

How do you decide which parts you believe? Like PS and Dibby, you just say the parts which appeal to you are true and the parts you find unappealing or difficult, you reject?
Non answer? Odd how you quoted my answer.