Is God in your marriage?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
no he isn't because I'm not married.. but he IS in other areas of my life.. :)

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
DiscipleDave said :
Yes, divorced 7 years ago. Right now i am married to Jesus, i have been celibate for over 7 years now. i can never marry again, i can only be reconciled to my wife. If i marry, i commit sin, therefore i can never marry, unless i am reconciled with my exwife.
Thank you for responding. I was divorced for over 18 years and celibate during this time. My first wife cheated on me so I believe that allowed me to remarry in the eyes of God. I am sorry about your situation.
You are correct, you can remarry, if sexual immorality is on the part of the other.

You say you are sorry about my situation. Please don't be, i have never been more happy in my entire life, i now can give God 100%. my wife was extremely jealous that i always put God first, before her. i have an internet ministry, i would be chatting with an individual who want to kill himself. my wife would come in and ask me to do something, i would tell her as soon as i get done talking with this person, she would get mad and storm off, and remain mad all evening long. Which is more important, help someone who is about to kill himself, or go watch a tv sitcom? And the most ironic thing is, when i asked her to marry me, and before she replied to my proposal, i told her, that you have to realize, i will always put God before you, she replied "As it should be" and then said "Yes" Seriously, i have never been more happy than i am right now.

^i^ Responding to Post #19

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
Dave, you are so full of words
Are you saying that, as if it is a good thing, or a bad thing?

- and it just isn't black and white.
Says who? You? Because it is black and white according to the Word of God, your master is to whom you obey? Black and white. Sin is evil, wicked, wrong, and unrighteousness. Black and White. You either obey Jesus Christ or you don't. Black and white. You either walk the narrow and difficult path, or you are walking on the wide and easy path, Black and white. You either choose to sin against Jesus, or you choose to Not sin and please Jesus. Black and White. YOU say it is not Black and White, the Bible plainly teaches otherwise.

During my early years of marriage, I CHOSE to sin knowing it was sin, and no I did not go to church and I was like the prodigal son. I turned my back on everything I thought was right - yet I still believed in Jesus as dying for my sins and knew I was saved. I just let myself go. But I never denied Christ who was still in my heart. You call sin as denying Him. And there is where we disagree.
You do not disagree with me, my friend, but with the Scriptures. Scriptures teach over and over again, NOT to obey the flesh, to cease from sin, to go and sin no more, to awake to righteousness and sin not, to obey, to Keep His commandments, to mortify the deeds of the flesh, to get rid of the sin that so easily besets you. And MANY, MANY more verses which teach that same Truth. What does the Bible call those who can't cease from sin? Cursed Children is what the Bible calls them.

I Cor 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

So then for me (DiscipleDave) if i deny that path out, if i do not seek Him to help me, if i do not pray to Him for help during any temptation, Then i deny HIM. He is telling me not to do that temptation, and if i do it, then i deny HIM.
Jesus has the strength and Power to overcome any temptation, He is perfect, all i have to do is to seek HIM, to seek His power, to seek His Strength so that He can help me overcome that Temptation and NOT do it. If i do not seek HIM, then i assure you i have denied HIM, i have not sought after HIM, i have not asked HIM for help, i have indeed denied HIM, and for what, because i WANTED to sin? NO person willingly commits a sin that they hate to do. They willingly commit that sin, because they WANT to do it, hence the reason they willingly do it.
What put Jesus Christ on the cross? Why did my Lord and Savior have to die? Because of sin. Why would i willingly commit a sin, the very reason my Lord and Savior had to die for? If i do, i deny Jesus. If i knowingly and willingly obey satan when he tempts me to do that which i know is sinful, and i obey Jesus' enemy, i assure you i have denied JESUS. What Jesus is telling you to listen to satan and commit sin? Heaven forbid. JESUS teaches us NOT to obey satan, and even gives us the tools to accomplish that, if i don't use the tools Jesus gave me to use against His enemy, then i deny Jesus who gave me those tools.
Anyone who knowingly and willingly obeys satan and commits sin, myself included, denies Jesus who is saying "Go and sin no more"

Anyone can find a scripture to prove a point.
That is absolutely TRUE, that is why God told me this:

If what you believe contradicts even one verse in Scriptures then what you believe is WRONG
So even though a person may find one or two verses that support their belief, if there is one verse in all of Scriptures that contradict that belief, then the belief is wrong. Lets say there are 100 verses that imply that OSAS is TRUE, but there is one verse that plainly teaches that it is not True (such as the verses that teach a person can be blotted out) then the belief of OSAS is WRONG, because that belief contradicts the one verse. ONLY when what you believe does not contradict even one inspired by God verse, is when you may be close to the TRUTH. So you are right 100% Anyone can find a few verses to support what they believe to be the Truth, But it is ONLY when what you believe does not contradict ANY verse in Scriptures that you may be on to the TRUTH. But if there is one verse that contradicts ANY PARTICULAR belief, then that belief is WRONG. That is how you can know if someone is teaching false doctrines, if they are teaching a particular belief, and yet there are verses or a verse that contradicts that teaching, that then is a FALSE belief, and if anyone teaches that belief, is a FALSE teacher, and will be judged accordingly. Woe to those who teach beliefs that are contrary to Scriptures. Even if there are 50 verses that support that belief, it is a false belief, if it contradicts even one verse in Scriptures.

Yet, I still look back on those years and see that He never left me and was just waiting for me to turn and seek him after finding no satisfaction elsewhere. I never lost my salvation such as you might think.
A person only loses their salvation if they die in a backsliden condition, or if Christ Returns and they are still living in a backsliden condition. But as long as a person lives, they can always return to the straight and narrow path. But if they die, or Christ comes and they are NOT on that straight and narrow path that leads to life everlasting, then they will NOT inherit the Kingdom of Heaven, no matter how loudly they proclaim "LORD, LORD am i not Saved, am i not under Grace, am i not covered by your Blood, Isn't OSAS True, like MAN teaches?" and He will say to them, "I never knew you, you that live in sin"

I never lost my salvation such as you might think. I know I didn't.
i know you didn't either, you are still breathing and Jesus has not yet returned, therefore as long as you are alive, you can REPENT and cease to do those things that you say you are sorry for? Those who repent in prayer to God saying "Jesus, please forgive me for fornicating" All the while KNOWING they are NOT going to cease from it, KNOWING that they are going to continue doing it, ARE NOT forgiven. To Truly repent of a particular sin, you have to genuinely feel sorry for committing that sin. Here is how you can tell if you are truly sorry for a particular sin. If a person says "Jesus, please forgive me of fornicating, i will never do it again" That one, is Truly sorry for that particular sin.
A man comes home and beats his wife, afterwards he repents of it, and says he is sorry. The next night he comes home and beats his wife, again, he repents of it, and says he is sorry, a couple of nights later he again beats his wife, and again repents and says he is sorry, this he does continually never ceasing from it. Tell me, how sorry is he? He can repent until he is blue in the face, but forgiveness is only granted to those who TRULY repent. So you can continue to repent to God for the same sin over and over and over and over and and over and over and and over and over and and over and over and and over and over and over again all you like, but forgiveness is granted to those who Truly feel sorry for what they have done, and then do everything in their power not to do it again. Woe to this generation indeed.

And I know that if I had died during those years, I would have had eternal security.
Your joking right? You have read the Bible correct? Know you not that the Bible is CLEAR who will NOT go to Heaven. For example it is clear that all liars shall burn in the lake of fire and brimstone Rev 21:8 It is Clear that no fornicator will enter into Heaven. So are you trying to tell me, if a Christian (one who claims to be SAVED, and have eternal security) backslides and lies and fornicates all over the place, and they were to die in their sins, they are still Heaven bound? Tell me how does that work? How can one be a liar and a fornicator, and still go to Heaven, which is contrary to what Scriptures teach? i assure you one who continues to fornicate, is a FORNICATOR, one who continues to lie, is a LIAR. Scriptures can't be broken, if God says, fornicators will not enter into Heaven, i assure you that all those who live in fornication will not enter into Heaven, no matter what they claim with their mouths, or who they claim is their Savior and Lord, if they live in fornication, they are a fornicator, and no fornicator will enter into Heaven. NOW if they repent and never again commit fornication, then they are no longer a fornicator, but if they continue to fornicate, they are a fornicator. Now if they repent of lying and never again tells a lie, then they are no longer a liar, but if they continue to lie, they are a liar. Let the Word of God be True, and the teachings of men lies.

I just knew. Faith in what I saw in the scriptures. I could find just as many scriptures to prove my point also. I just don't have the inclination to do so.
You got it all wrong brother, Anyone can find any Scripture to prove any false doctrine, Anyone can find any Scripture to prove what they believe. Its the verses in Scriptures that contradict the PROVES the belief is wrong, or the doctrine is wrong. It's not about the verses that prove a particular belief, it is about the verses that PROVES the belief is incorrect that is most important. Any belief that contradicts even one verse in Scriptures is WRONG. i could find many verses that teach Jesus IS the FATHER, and i can prove that Jesus IS the FATHER using those particular verses. The problem is not in finding verses that prove ones belief, the problem is the verses that prove the belief to be incorrect. There are many verses that PROVE that Jesus and the Father are separate, Father being in Heaven, Jesus being on Earth. my point is, its easy to prove a belief with a few verses, but if that belief does not line up with ALL SCRIPTURES, it is NOT a True belief. Such as OSAS, there are verses that seem to support that teaching, however there are verses that clearly teach that is not the case, nor is it True. Its those verses that PROVE OSAS is not the Truth. But those who are on the broad, wide, and easy path, (such as OSAS gives) they refuse to the Truth that would make them realize that maybe, just maybe they are not on the right path, and that would mean they would have to give up the sinning in which they so much enjoy doing, can't have that, it is just easier to believe OSAS, so matter what sins you commit, or live in, or not give up, is not going to effect you from going to Heaven, How easy is that? Super easy, i know, i believed it as well, and that belief was an easy path.

Which is why there are so many different views on OSAS. And why I want to avoid going there. I didn't realize that was where you were coming from originally.
True, there are many false doctrines that people believe and support today in this last days generation. But here is something that would altogether get rid of all (ALL) false doctrines if they would only apply it, and that is what God told me

IF what you believe contradicts even one verse in Scriptures, then what you believe is wrong.
It's not about verses that prove your belief to be correct, its about the inspired by God verses that prove a belief is wrong.

^i^ Responding to Post #20

L

Leeze

I do like how you Dave remind us not to just keep asking and wanting things from God and then not live the life he expects us to live. You made me think of my life and i did question do i give enough do i help enough and i realised i dont and i will put that right i will give back to the lord and help people more and give more i hope God will forgive me for being so selfish in always asking and not so much giving back . x Thank you for opening my eyes to my ways

May 3, 2013
Many people who have unhappy marriages, even if they both claim to be Christians, Do not have God in their lives. Then they sit back and wander "Why me God?", or "Why do i have a spouse like this God?" or they will pray to God to help their marriage?
Everyone is Wanting, wanting, wanting from God. Tell me what do you do for God?

Is it not written if you draw close to God, He will draw close to you?
How is it most want God in their life, but only if they don't have to be in HIS?
If then God is not in your life, or in your marriage, it stands to reason that the problem is you are not in HIS.

I John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for Godislove.

Do you LOVE your spouse? God is LOVE, if you want God in your marriage, then start LOVING your spouse, REGARDLESS if you are getting it back in return.
Did Jesus LOVE us expecting us to LOVE Him back?
When you stand before God on Judgement Day, you will be judged based on how you LOVED your spouse, NOT how your spouse did not love you.

The problem with this generation, is they have a 50/50 mentality. = "I will love him, as much as he loves me" or "Why should I love her, if she does not love me?" or "Why should i do ____________ for my spouse, when my spouse does not ___________ for me?"

You want to please God, YOU give 100% despite what percentage you are getting back for doing so. YOU will have to answer to God, So YOU be the best spouse that you can be, and please God.

Do you want God in your marriage, yet God in not in your life? Do you go to Church? Are you involved in a Church?
The Word of God teaches us how we can LOVE God. It says, when you do it to the least of these you do it unto Me (Jesus) Therefore the question is, Do you do for others? Do you give to charities? Do you help the hungry, Do you give to the needy? Do you volunteer your time good causes? Do you work in a soup kitchens for the homeless? and a hundred other things you can DO for OTHERS. What? You don't do none of those things? Then how is it a shock that God is not in your life or your marriage? If you draw close to Him, He will then draw close to you. But the last days generation takes thought that if God draws close to them, then they will draw close to God.

Think you are unhappy, you will find the True meaning of the word, when you start helping the less fortunate.

Don't get me wrong, i know people have serious problems in their lives, but if people would only understand what is most important, they would not let the trivial stuff bother them near as much. The most important thing is "Where are you going to go when you die?" Everything else, according to the big picture, is irrelevant, and in the words of Ecclesiastes, it's all vanity. How can i express this better.

A child gets a blanket for birthday, the child loves that blanket more than anything in his life, he plays with, he sleeps with it, he eats with, where he goes the blanket goes. Try to take that blanket away from him, and his world comes to an end, he cries, can't sleep, pouts, depressed, unhappy, sad, just right down miserable, to that child the blanket was EVERYTHING.
But we being adults knows that that blanket is nothing, it is not important in the big picture, it may be important in that child's life at the time, But we as adults knows it is only temporary.

An woman gets married and has children, the wife loves her husband and kids more than anything in her life, she tries to be the Best Mother to her children, she tries to be the best wife to her husband Try to take that marriage away from her, because the husband cheats on her, or there is no more love in the marriage, or whatever other reason there is, and her world comes to an end, she cries, can't sleep, pouts, depressed, unhappy, sad, just right down miserable, to that woman, her marriage was EVERYTHING.
But we being Spiritual knows that that marriage is nothing, it is not important in the big picture, it may be important in that woman's life at the time, But we as Spiritual knows it is only temporary.

All the problems that happens in a person life, all the tribulations, all the trials, is nothing but a blanket to that child. Everything you hold on too in this life, is but a blanket. The child could not see past his present situation. The adult could not see past her present situation. The Big Picture. We will live for ever, for all eternity. Imagine your whole life is but a grain of sand, that grain of sand represents a hundred years. Now think that everything on the Earth, turns to sand, the entire planet is nothing but sand, each grain of sand is 100 years. Now take that planet of sand and multiply that by a billion times a billion other planets which are all made of sand, all that sand is but a vapor of smoke in ETERNITY. Now tell me, that single grain of sand, that is your life, compared to all the sand mentioned above, how important is what is happening to you during that single grain of sand, compared to the amount of sand we are going to live here after? It is trivial, minute, vanity, it is a blanket. One day that child with the blanket will realize, that the blanket they though was so dear to them, so important to them, was just a mere blanket. One day the Saints will realize, that all the things they thought would make them happy on Earth, and that was so important to them, was a mere blanket.
Once you realize that everything in this life, is but a blanket, you will see the Big Picture and the Truth will be revealed to you.

Is God in your Marriage?
If He's not, i assure you it is not God's fault.

^i^
Good post!

God and Jesus are good guests at home on regular basis.

Jesus4ever

May 18, 2015
Many people who have unhappy marriages, even if they both claim to be Christians, Do not have God in their lives. Then they sit back and wander "Why me God?", or "Why do i have a spouse like this God?" or they will pray to God to help their marriage?
Everyone is Wanting, wanting, wanting from God. Tell me what do you do for God?

Is it not written if you draw close to God, He will draw close to you?
How is it most want God in their life, but only if they don't have to be in HIS?
If then God is not in your life, or in your marriage, it stands to reason that the problem is you are not in HIS.

I John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for Godislove.

Do you LOVE your spouse? God is LOVE, if you want God in your marriage, then start LOVING your spouse, REGARDLESS if you are getting it back in return.
Did Jesus LOVE us expecting us to LOVE Him back?
When you stand before God on Judgement Day, you will be judged based on how you LOVED your spouse, NOT how your spouse did not love you.

The problem with this generation, is they have a 50/50 mentality. = "I will love him, as much as he loves me" or "Why should I love her, if she does not love me?" or "Why should i do ____________ for my spouse, when my spouse does not ___________ for me?"

You want to please God, YOU give 100% despite what percentage you are getting back for doing so. YOU will have to answer to God, So YOU be the best spouse that you can be, and please God.

Do you want God in your marriage, yet God in not in your life? Do you go to Church? Are you involved in a Church?
The Word of God teaches us how we can LOVE God. It says, when you do it to the least of these you do it unto Me (Jesus) Therefore the question is, Do you do for others? Do you give to charities? Do you help the hungry, Do you give to the needy? Do you volunteer your time good causes? Do you work in a soup kitchens for the homeless? and a hundred other things you can DO for OTHERS. What? You don't do none of those things? Then how is it a shock that God is not in your life or your marriage? If you draw close to Him, He will then draw close to you. But the last days generation takes thought that if God draws close to them, then they will draw close to God.

Think you are unhappy, you will find the True meaning of the word, when you start helping the less fortunate.

Don't get me wrong, i know people have serious problems in their lives, but if people would only understand what is most important, they would not let the trivial stuff bother them near as much. The most important thing is "Where are you going to go when you die?" Everything else, according to the big picture, is irrelevant, and in the words of Ecclesiastes, it's all vanity. How can i express this better.

A child gets a blanket for birthday, the child loves that blanket more than anything in his life, he plays with, he sleeps with it, he eats with, where he goes the blanket goes. Try to take that blanket away from him, and his world comes to an end, he cries, can't sleep, pouts, depressed, unhappy, sad, just right down miserable, to that child the blanket was EVERYTHING.
But we being adults knows that that blanket is nothing, it is not important in the big picture, it may be important in that child's life at the time, But we as adults knows it is only temporary.

An woman gets married and has children, the wife loves her husband and kids more than anything in her life, she tries to be the Best Mother to her children, she tries to be the best wife to her husband Try to take that marriage away from her, because the husband cheats on her, or there is no more love in the marriage, or whatever other reason there is, and her world comes to an end, she cries, can't sleep, pouts, depressed, unhappy, sad, just right down miserable, to that woman, her marriage was EVERYTHING.
But we being Spiritual knows that that marriage is nothing, it is not important in the big picture, it may be important in that woman's life at the time, But we as Spiritual knows it is only temporary.

All the problems that happens in a person life, all the tribulations, all the trials, is nothing but a blanket to that child. Everything you hold on too in this life, is but a blanket. The child could not see past his present situation. The adult could not see past her present situation. The Big Picture. We will live for ever, for all eternity. Imagine your whole life is but a grain of sand, that grain of sand represents a hundred years. Now think that everything on the Earth, turns to sand, the entire planet is nothing but sand, each grain of sand is 100 years. Now take that planet of sand and multiply that by a billion times a billion other planets which are all made of sand, all that sand is but a vapor of smoke in ETERNITY. Now tell me, that single grain of sand, that is your life, compared to all the sand mentioned above, how important is what is happening to you during that single grain of sand, compared to the amount of sand we are going to live here after? It is trivial, minute, vanity, it is a blanket. One day that child with the blanket will realize, that the blanket they though was so dear to them, so important to them, was just a mere blanket. One day the Saints will realize, that all the things they thought would make them happy on Earth, and that was so important to them, was a mere blanket.
Once you realize that everything in this life, is but a blanket, you will see the Big Picture and the Truth will be revealed to you.

Is God in your Marriage?
If He's not, i assure you it is not God's fault.

^i^

Although I´m not married, reading this really opens my eyes and makes me feel guilty...

God bless!

R

Renewedman

Being single never married, and in my late 50's, my chances of getting married are kind of slim, or so says my pastor. But a prerequisite certainly be that she's a practicing believer who reads and studies the word. Am I being realistic in this idea for a successful marriage in Christ?

A

atwhatcost

58 views and only one person responds?
56 have said nothing.
Surely there is one more person to agree.
That way it will be MANY who does not respond, but a FEW who did.

^i^
Uh, yeah. God's in my marriage. So what was I suppose to do? Help you with your stats?

T

Tintin

No, God isn't in my marriage.