Is God that cruel?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jaybird88

The main error you are making is comparing God to an ordinary father. Anthropomorphism, I guess.
didnt Jesus compare the Father to our own parents in Matthew 7:7.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
didnt Jesus compare the Father to our own parents in Matthew 7:7.
Yes. He also called the father the perfect father. Am I a perfect father? No. Is any man a perfect father? No.

Jan7777777

Oct 19, 2018
Let.s say you have a son..and he did something terible, hurt someone or broke something...you as a parent, would you send him to burn in hell for eternity because of that?...i guess not, cause he's your son and you love him...so i ask you..how could God punish people with an eternity in hell because of their sins...God, who is pure love...he could to that? Isn.t that a little cruel?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First of all, God did NOT "send" people to hell or send them there for punishment......, and he definitely did not make hell for punishment to mankind....he made it for Satan and his followers…(obviously you only read parts of the Bible)… but people that do not want God, he lets them NOT have him.....satan sees that person as a good target to snatch, since they REJECTED Gods protection and peaceful heaven for eternity( AND MADE IT EASY TO GET THERE BY A MERE PRAYER....WOW HOW DIFFICULT.....not !!!!!!)....does satan ask to have you...nope....he's greedy..... mean.... and could care less if you don't want to go to HIS kingdom in hell, but since that "son"..."daughter" rejected God, they are wide open for satan to snatch them , cause God's protection is rejected of them...anyone with a high school degree, can figure that one out, yet idiots blame God. yeah that's a selfish , self centered person that thinks they are god. and pathetic. ...excuses is what it all boils down to , excuses to live evil and still get their way...what spoiled generation we have become

Jan7777777

Oct 19, 2018
Let.s say you have a son..and he did something terible, hurt someone or broke something...you as a parent, would you send him to burn in hell for eternity because of that?...i guess not, cause he's your son and you love him...so i ask you..how could God punish people with an eternity in hell because of their sins...God, who is pure love...he could to that? Isn.t that a little cruel?
~~~~~~~~
First of all God does not send people to hell, he only made it for satan and his followers......if my son did a crime, I would want him to pay the penalty to learn from it....
~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First of all, God did NOT "send" people to hell or send them there for punishment......, and he definitely did not make hell for punishment to mankind....he made it for Satan and his followers…(obviously you only read parts of the Bible)… but people that do not want God, he lets them NOT have him.....satan sees that person as a good target to snatch, since they REJECTED Gods protection and peaceful heaven for eternity( AND MADE IT EASY TO GET THERE BY A MERE PRAYER....WOW HOW DIFFICULT.....not !!!!!!)....does satan ask to have you...nope....he's greedy..... mean.... and could care less if you don't want to go to HIS kingdom in hell, but since that "son"..."daughter" rejected God, they are wide open for satan to snatch them , cause God's protection is rejected of them...anyone with a high school degree, can figure that one out, yet idiots blame God. yeah that's a selfish , self centered person that thinks they are god. and pathetic. ...excuses is what it all boils down to , excuses to live evil and still get their way...what spoiled generation we have become
~~~~~~
I have a son.....if he rejects God, I will fast and pray for his soul...if he still decides he KNOWS BETTER THEN GOD WHO CREATED HIM....then MY SON'S decision will leave him wide open for satan to destroy.....they will rent my soul...that will probably put me in the grave sooner then it should.....but, I know the Bible doesn t lie...and it said "TRAIN UP A CHILD IN THE WAY HE SHOULD GO; and when he is old , he will not depart from it. prov. 22:6...… so if lets say YOU don't train up your son, in the way he should go , by the bible, …..shouldn't the blame do to YOU....not God, who proved his love......he not only died on the cross, he took OUR SINS PUNISHMENT, that alone is enough to kill someone, took OUR punishment so all we have to do is prayer the sinners pray , to make it to a kingdom of peace for ETERNITY. …...yeah that's not hard and yet thousands think they Eare above that. satan will not pamper you or forgive you, he will torment God's creation because he hates his creation...…. oh yea, you know satan believes and trembles.....funny how satan believes in God yet, so many humans don't, as if they know better.....sheesh

~~~~~~~~~
its like the people that whine this ====> why would a loving God let rape happen...why did he let this or that happen if he is a loving God...…… first of all, man kind is the ones that created their caos….in the beginning up til now..... so that being said.....
he had to clean up the mess mankind messes up, and he did that with his body....if he stopped rape....he would have to stop murder...if she stopped those, he would have to stop accident that kill people....etc...get the drift? this would be heaven if he stoipped all that here....and this would be Heaven and its not heaven....THATS WHY HE ALLOWED HIS BODY TO BE BEAT TO ALMOST THEN HANG UNTIL DEATH, IN HOPES PEOPLE WILL GIVE HIM THEIR LIFE TO GUIDE. but we live in a generation that spit in his face just like they did then.... I really wonder about people's intelliengence anymore. I will leave you with this, he even took the pain of the ones that didn't choose him , he still died for them and took on that pain punishment , and actually it was unnecessary pain to take. he knew the future , he knew they wouldn't accept him and took the pain anyhow

Jan7777777

Oct 19, 2018
So what do you think about it? I would like to hear it
I really think you want people's opinion so you can find fault with what they say...… anyhow, as I said previous...God did not make hell for mankind...so your theory cant hold up. plus he loved the one that will not accept him to die for them too. hmm that's not love>? ...just cause the spoiled son doesn't want to go by anyones rules? sounds like the blame needs to go to the parent that didn't raise him right, not God...but yeah this generation loves blaming God......I often wonder why they don't blame satan? that right there tells me they rebell against God...cause they would blame satan wouldn't they, since he did beguile Eve....he is still beguiling mankind...duh...such ignorance of this generation that thinks they know it all.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I understand your delima with the idea of Hell. However, put your hand over fire, knowing it is destructive and very painful, does it make sense to jump in the flames? I like to focus on His Love and Mercy, as we are called to, but I know, with trembling, that this same God is Just and He is Holy.

When you walk into a room, where you see innocent children being hurt in unspeakable ways, is wrath, coming forward to extinguish the perp, cruel or evil? Isn't Him eliminating the real cruel and evil one good?

It hurts my sensibilities when I even ponder if God is evil. Ouch!! He is Love. He is Good!!! Is He capable of giving us choice, of creating the possibility of life without Him... obviously. I believe to help us see why we need Him, how Satan's choice to seek to rise above Him was and is BAD!!! No created being is "good" without Him. He is the goodness that we can all lean on and into.

He will not be mocked. Our thoughts are not His. He will present us blameless before God, through Himself. We have natural inclinations of Good and Bad so we could choose. How awesome is that...true Love if you ask me. He went even further, He says choosing good is impossible for you all the time, I will lay down my innocent life for your guilty one, so that you and me can dwell together in the fullness of God. Whoa, how merciful and all designed for our own Good, and His Glory!!!

Jul 23, 2018
I understand your delima with the idea of Hell. However, put your hand over fire, knowing it is destructive and very painful, does it make sense to jump in the flames? I like to focus on His Love and Mercy, as we are called to, but I know, with trembling, that this same God is Just and He is Holy.

When you walk into a room, where you see innocent children being hurt in unspeakable ways, is wrath, coming forward to extinguish the perp, cruel or evil? Isn't Him eliminating the real cruel and evil one good?

It hurts my sensibilities when I even ponder if God is evil. Ouch!! He is Love. He is Good!!! Is He capable of giving us choice, of creating the possibility of life without Him... obviously. I believe to help us see why we need Him, how Satan's choice to seek to rise above Him was and is BAD!!! No created being is "good" without Him. He is the goodness that we can all lean on and into.

He will not be mocked. Our thoughts are not His. He will present us blameless before God, through Himself. We have natural inclinations of Good and Bad so we could choose. How awesome is that...true Love if you ask me. He went even further, He says choosing good is impossible for you all the time, I will lay down my innocent life for your guilty one, so that you and me can dwell together in the fullness of God. Whoa, how merciful and all designed for our own Good, and His Glory!!!
Yep.
In the flood,someone could say "wow, God kills children and puppies"

But heaven says "wow, the horrors of sin"

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
What bit is cruel?

I am not the judge, I do not know the charges or the failure or the guilt.
I do not know the reason for the lake of fire or how it works.

I see a few verses that give us a clue.
Many theologians have come with various ways of representing hell.

I have drawn various conclusions, but God has kept the real reality until that time and
I trust the Lord who died on the cross for me.

Now for those who choose the beast or his mark, conscious torment for all eternity, without
escape or break. And the thrust of your statement hold a real problem.

Babies who die young, outside the knowledge of God or any faith or understanding, torment
for all eternity. Even acceptance into paradise without real perception or choice for all eternity.
Again does not make much sense. We can build ideas, but a lot is pure trust in who the Lord is.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
I have drawn various conclusions, but God has kept the real reality until that time and
I trust the Lord who died on the cross for me.
God is love. He will not require anyone to burn forever in flames. Romans 6:23 says "the wages of sin is death" not eternal life in fire. None of us are immortal, we that have the HS have the promise of immortality. That only happens when we are resurrected. The dead are asleep awaiting the second resurrection for most. It is time to put the fairy tales to rest. :):cool:;)

A

AuntieAnt

God is love. He will not require anyone to burn forever in flames. Romans 6:23 says "the wages of sin is death" not eternal life in fire. None of us are immortal, we that have the HS have the promise of immortality. That only happens when we are resurrected. The dead are asleep awaiting the second resurrection for most. It is time to put the fairy tales to rest. :):cool:;)
Please clarify. Are you saying there is no eternal damnation (lake of fire)? And if that is what you're saying, where do you believe the lost go after this life?

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
I doubt anyone is absent of knowing right from wrong, short of limited mental capacity.
Knowing right from wrong doesn't mean a person will never sin!! That causes a person to be condemned by God. You can only escape it by accepting grace through faith in Jesus!!

Without that knowledge how can one saved?

CS1

May 23, 2012
God is Holy. And it is not God who sends one to hell it the person. The God who is Love provided the Way out of death and hell. All sin produces death Jesus gives life. Breaking a cup is not murdering or adultery eating a cookie without asking is not a sin for total punishment of hellfire. everyone who goes to hell earned it. The idea that God would send someone to hell for breaking something is not even biblical.

Mar 28, 2016

Yes God is a God of mercy. He is under the same law that he gives men . Judgement will be showed to those who do not show mercy.

You could say two kinds of mercy. Mercy to those who have been delivered from eternal damnation to eternal life .And mercy to those who do suffer the living pangs of hell separated from God of this body of death .

James 2:13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

Mercy is not causing a person to suffer without end forever and ever. Mercy is he gave some a new spirit that will rise on the last day and others that will not rise forever and ever. The end of time for them

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Opposite of cruel...

God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved—
Ephesians 2:4‭-‬5 ESV