Is Israels Six Pointed Star, A Historical Symbol Made To Foreign god's?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
I will not wear a cross as per humility's sake. For me it is like showing the world my holiness. I suppose it all amounts to the understanding given one. It is not necessarily a doctrine in stone.

I do know it is the One who suffered and died for us all of whom I direct my faith. Perhaps it is not just a diabolical piece of wood used to torture our Savior, but I do not see it.

I do know we are to pick up our cross daily and follow Him, but this is figurative of our suffering with Him. All blessings and love in Jesus-Yeshua.
Would you prefer a menorah over a cross?

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
There you go. The next thread will be how the cross is a pagan symbol.

The latest thing they try to teach us in SA is (like the JW) that Jesus was not crucified but on a stake.

That is the tactic of the Israel vision group.
My focus isnt on a piece of wood used for torture, but the finished work on that piece of wood.

I'm not SDA or JW, now what ya gonna do, smiles!

Im a Spirit filled Christian, who loves the Lord Jesus Christ, and his Holy Words (y)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Why would anyone in right mind wear a menorah? The Candlestick represents the spirit of God in all assemblies for me, in all who believe.

Like the cross, it is a reminder, not an ornament.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Read about Zion in the Word, it has several levels of understanding spread throughout the Word.

PS God has not told me I am a teacher but as one who believes Him I certainly am given to share what I understand by His guidance.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Why would anyone in right mind wear a menorah? The Candlestick represents the spirit of God in all assemblies for me, in all who believe.

When I see a menorah, I associate it with Judaism, and the spirit of Antichrist.

When I see a cross, I associate it with Christianity and the finished work on Calvary.

Jan 25, 2015
My focus isnt on a piece of wood used for torture, but the finished work on that piece of wood.

I'm not SDA or JW, now what ya gonna do, smiles!

Im a Spirit filled Christian, who loves the Lord Jesus Christ, and his Holy Words (y)
I never said you are a SDA or JW.... smiles! so I am not gonna do anything... and even if you were I would rather pray that you receive discernment... that is what I am gonna do for you today. Pray for discernment. If I should pray for my enemy, I can pray for a fellow believer in Christ for some clarity... big grin!

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Read about Zion in the Word, it has several levels of understanding spread throughout the Word.

PS God has not told me I am a teacher but as one who believes Him I certainly am given to share what I understand by His guidance.
I'm familiar with biblical Mount Zion, the eternal kingdom.

Jan 25, 2015

I wonder if he did not mean a mezuzah? :ROFL: That would make more sense to carry it around....

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
My belief is simplistic. We have what is written in the Mazusa in our hearts now and forever.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
When I see a menorah, I associate it with Judaism, and the spirit of Antichrist.

When I see a cross, I associate it with Christianity and the finished work on Calvary.
Apparently you have not come to the understanding that all who praise God are spiritual Jews and God's Israel.

Also, the candles mentioned in Revelation are a menorah. It is possible that name has evolved over the centuries, but it is. Also, thi9nk about this, those candlesticks could not have existed back in the day since they were powered by oil burning.

Jan 25, 2015
My belief is simplistic. We have what is written in the Mazusa in our hearts now and forever.
Yes, I agree.

The old (physical) is a shadow of the new (spiritual). So the mezuzah was a reminder to put on God's word everyday before you leave your home.

Jan 25, 2015
Apparently you have not come to the understanding that all who praise God are spiritual Jews and God's Israel.

Also, the candles mentioned in Revelation are a menorah. It is possible that name has evolved over the centuries, but it is. Also, thi9nk about this, those candlesticks could not have existed back in the day since they were powered by oil burning.
When is back in the day?

As I understand it the oil lamps burned in the Tabernacle or do you understand something else Jack?

As always it is interesting to discuss the Bible with a brother I consider a friend :)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Back in the day is simply an expression meaning in that time or in its time.

It was oil in the Tabernacle of the Wilderness and it remained oil in the Temples until at leas the time of Yeshua' s mission.

Kavik

Mar 25, 2017
Not really foreign, just pre-Judaism proper, so to speak.

Okay, not to go all ‘Da Vinci Code” here, but the Magen David is actually quite ancient and possibly predates Judaism proper. It’s an old symbol representing divine dualism. The downward triangle the divine masculine, the upward one, the divine feminine. The issue being that the divine feminine has all but been eradicated in Abrahamic religions; thus, the symbol gained alternate interpretations over time.

One of these being....

In some Jewish mystical circles, it represents the duality involving one’s relationship to God. To quote from one source: “There is the 'up' relationship (the upward triangle) meaning that we elevate ourselves through our prayer and our performance of G-d's commandments to us to get closer – 'up' – to G-d. The other aspect is the bringing 'down' relationship (downward triangle) which means that through our actions down here on earth, we draw G-d's presence down or bring holiness into the world; this is also done when we fulfill G-d's divine will. But they are both necessary forms of divine service.”

I suspect this latter interpretation, though kind of neat, is a more recent (relatively speaking) one.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
the six pointed star or hexagram is often used in hinduism as it represents the chakras. The swastika is also used as a symbol.

The only star that Christians need to be concerned with is the star of Bethlehem. which was a real phenomenon, not a symbol. Likewise the cross was an actual cross, an instrument or torture and death not a symbol.

if you want symbols, the early christians used the fish symbol to denote they were believers as the greek letters for fish stood for Jesus Christ.

the menorah has been in use since oT times in the tabernacle, it is not a new thing. God instructed the israelites to make them for His glory.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020

Once again, the Menorah is associated with (Judaism), and this group rejects Jesus Christ, in the spirit of Antichrist.

Jan 25, 2015
Once again, the Menorah is associated with (Judaism), and this group rejects Jesus Christ, in the spirit of Antichrist.
Until a few years ago I would have given this a like because that is what we are being taught :) . The facts are a little bit different. The Menorah is not associated with Judaism. YHVH Elohim himself gave the blue print to Moses. The tabernacle is a shadow of the heavenly throne room so it has got nothing to do with what we consider "Judaism". You are being deceived brother. Everything in the Tabernacle is a shadow of Yeshua/Jesus on earth. If we can't see it we need to pray for guidance until Father reveals it to us.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Until a few years ago I would have given this a like because that is what we are being taught :) . The facts are a little bit different. The Menorah is not associated with Judaism. YHVH Elohim himself gave the blue print to Moses. The tabernacle is a shadow of the heavenly throne room so it has got nothing to do with what we consider "Judaism". You are being deceived brother. Everything in the Tabernacle is a shadow of Yeshua/Jesus on earth. If we can't see it we need to pray for guidance until Father reveals it to us.
The Menorah is associated with Judaism, that denies Jesus Christ is the Messiah, by the spirit of Antichrist.

You mention God, Moses, the Menorah and Temple?

When Jesus Christ died on the Cross of Calvary, the veil of the temple was rent, the temple service was (Destroyed) useless, gone!

Jan 25, 2015
1) The Menorah is associated with Judaism, that denies Jesus Christ is the Messiah, by the spirit of Antichrist.

2) You mention God, Moses, the Menorah and Temple?

3) When Jesus Christ died on the Cross of Calvary, the veil of the temple was rent, the temple service was (Destroyed) useless, gone!
1) This is your first problem. The Menorah wasn't an invention by Moses and the 12 tribes in the desert. God himself gave it to them. Told them the exact manner to design it and what it should look like. Have somebody ever highlighted the Messianic pictures to you in the Menorah?

2) Yes, I do. God said that Moses was like a friend to Him. What Christian in his right mind would not want to be known as God's friend? We should definitely look at Moses in more detail to understand relationship with God.

3) I don't even know how you think temple service is destroyed but that is a discussion for a different time :).

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
1) This is your first problem. The Menorah wasn't an invention by Moses and the 12 tribes in the desert. God himself gave it to them. Told them the exact manner to design it and what it should look like. Have somebody ever highlighted the Messianic pictures to you in the Menorah?

2) Yes, I do. God said that Moses was like a friend to Him. What Christian in his right mind would not want to be known as God's friend? We should definitely look at Moses in more detail to understand relationship with God.

3) I don't even know how you think temple service is destroyed but that is a discussion for a different time :).
It seems it does not matter how many say it in so many ways, if someone will not understand, he simply cannot. God bless you and them also.