Is it a sin to drink alcohol

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
This then is the law of the Nazirite: when the time of his consecration is out, he shall come to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and he shall bring his offering unto the LORD, an he lamb of a year old without blemish, for a burnt offering, and a she lamb of a year old without blemish, for a sin offering, and a ram without blemish, for peace offerings, and a basket of unleavened bread, of cakes of fine flour, mingled with oil, and wafers of unleavened bread anointed with oil, with their meat offering, and their drink offerings: the which the priest shall bring before the LORD, and make his sin offering and his burnt offering.
He shall prepare also the ram for a peace offering unto the LORD, with the basket of unleavened bread, and the priest shall make his meat offering, and his drink offering. And the Nazirite shall shave the head of his consecration at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and shall take the hair of the head of his consecration, and put it in the fire which is under the peace offering. Then the priest shall take the sodden shoulder of the ram, and an unleavened cake out of the basket, and a wafer unleavened, and put them upon the hands of the Nazirite, after he hath shaven his consecration. And the priest shall shake them to and fro before the LORD: this is an holy thing for the priest besides the shaken breast, and besides the heave shoulder: so afterward the Nazirite may drink wine.
(Numbers 6:13-20 gnv)

the LORD has provided for Himself a Lamb, and has made for me already the offering for sin and for peace. with one sacrifice He has fulfilled the days of my consecration; they are shaken before Him: it is done.

i suppose if a person denies His having made peace, such a person has none.

WithinReason

Feb 21, 2020
I am showing it to you in another way, through Q and A. If you may please let me know when you have prayerfully read the following:

Have you read Deuteronomy 12 in connection to Deuteronomy 14, & 26 & 29 along with Numbers 28?

WithinReason

Feb 21, 2020
the LORD has provided for Himself a Lamb
Yep, nothing wrong with the text:
Num 6:20 And the priest shall wave them for a wave offering before the LORD: this is holy for the priest, with the wave breast and heave shoulder: and after that the Nazarite may drink wine.​

The issue is your misunderstanding of the word "wine".

7seasrekeyed

if every bit of water on the planet was so polluted you could not get near it, would some people still picture God with a big bat threatening anyone who drank wine, which was not polluted cause it can last for years, (unless it's corked but that's another matter), with being hit over the head?

don't make things up. don't get drunk, but don't make things up

and don't point to alcoholics...unless you also want to point gossip and all the other 'hidden' sins Christians imbibe

7seasrekeyed

Yes.
Yep. Are you interested in my indepth study on that subject?

nope

I have seen other things you reason about and honestly, just no

no

I've heard it all anyway and prob seen more than you ever will

7seasrekeyed

no its not and anyone who claims it is is adding traditions to bible

this idea of new wine being non alcoholic is already refuted when they mock people in pentecost and say "These are full of NEW WINE" i dont think they meant grape juice.

i say bring back wine for communion lets stop listening to holier than thou church ladies and salvation army. lutheran style

and before someone says it i already say: i dont drink at all right now, so im not a drunkard.
yah gonna make Welch's sales go south :whistle:

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
I am showing it to you in another way, through Q and A. If you may please let me know when you have prayerfully read the following:

Have you read Deuteronomy 12 in connection to Deuteronomy 14, & 26 & 29 along with Numbers 28?
okay so is your point the one mentioned in deuteronomy 12 and numbers 28 that the strong drink and wine is meant for offering and poured out and not drank?

Deu 12:27 And thou shalt offer thy burnt offerings, the flesh and the blood, upon the altar of the LORD thy God: and the blood of thy sacrifices shall be poured out upon the altar of the LORD thy God, and thou shalt eat the flesh.

what about the new testament parts where people are "drunk from new wine" as they accused (falsely) of disciples on pentecost or Jesus making wine to "well drank" people in a wedding or timothy to have some wine and elder cant partake of "much wine" (if it was grape juice, surely you can partake of it much???)

Nov 17, 2017
HI Again!
You mean those Talmudic, Rabbincal Kabbalisitc things of modern 'Judaisms' (not really) traditions?
Glad you established that...

Scripture was given concerning Deuteronomy 14:22-26 "Tithe" (First established between Abram and The King of Salem)

Yahweh Elohim established that "party" for the Hebrews and is still kept til this day....just as all of
those Talmudic, Rabbincal Kabbalisitc things of modern 'Judaisms' (not really) traditions?
God Bless!!!

7seasrekeyed

im very oldschool. i like my christianity as historical as possible.
I just like mine real and sometimes it needs to be old school ;)

ha...one time at summer camp, (never real wine of course for all us kiddies) they gave out WHITE grape juice cause they could not find the red

coulda been red kool aid IMO

WithinReason

Feb 21, 2020
okay so is your point the one mentioned in deuteronomy 12 and numbers 28 that the strong drink and wine is meant for offering and poured out and not drank?
Did I say that or did scripture say that?

WithinReason

Feb 21, 2020
what about the new testament parts where people are "drunk from new wine" as they accused (falsely) of disciples on pentecost or Jesus making wine to "well drank" people in a wedding or timothy to have some wine and elder cant partake of "much wine" (if it was grape juice, surely you can partake of it much???)
One thing at a time. We are presently discussing Deuteronomy, which you brought up. We do not desire to be like the WTS/JW which just throws out a bunch of texts on Deity of Jesus and never gets around to looking at any one in particular.

7seasrekeyed

One thing at a time. We are presently discussing Deuteronomy, which you brought up. We do not desire to be like the WTS/JW which just throws out a bunch of texts on Deity of Jesus and never gets around to looking at any one in particular.

it's not even your thread...not your op

we will presently discuss whatever we want. like we usually do

don't forget your seatbelt

I can usually pay attention to 2 things at a time and on a good day? 3 :giggle:

WithinReason

Feb 21, 2020
Strawman. Red-herring. I never said it was my thread, or OP. I never even intimated such.

we will presently discuss whatever we want.
Surely you may, and will. Strawman again. I never stated that you couldn't, or shouldn't or even wouldn't.

Yes, I did notice the complete distraction from every OP that has ever gone on in this wild west, and every man did that which was right in his own eyes.

Yet, I was speaking to a person who was addressing me specifically, upon a point we (the both of us) are discussing together. I am making the point to stay on one point before moving to several others, unrelated to the context of the present text under discussion.

There is a global context to be sure, but presently we are discussing the immediate context of the Deuteronomic text raised.

As you will.

What you will do was never in question, at least not on my part.

I am discussing with a specific person about a specific text raised.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

we will presently discuss whatever we want. like we usually do

I want to discuss this 'new wine'. Probably catch a serious buzz off that stuff for sure.