Is It Anything About The Sabbath That We Must Know?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
The old Indian thought for a second before he responded, “Oh, me see, you worship your God on this day, me worship my God everyday.”
Can you keep the Sabbath holy, according to the 4th commandment, every day of the week.
No doing any labour for 7 days.
Nothing much would get done.

You can do it Gods way, Or mans way.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
REST in God…. God has provided REST in God’s PRESENCE….. TOTAL REST.

The Sabbath is a spiritual place where God is pleased with His Creation and His Creation is perfect in knowing Him our Creator and walking with Him and communing with Him… pure LOVE.

EVERYTHING is finished, there is nothing lacking or nothing not known….great love and fellowship with God and each other.
Love is great and praise God He is love.
Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Perfect love delights to do Gods will. Sinning is what hurt Jesus, our sin is what nailed Him to the cross.
Psa 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.
1Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

In Jeremiah's day they were saying peace, peace.
Jer 6:14-15 They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace. 15 Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore they shall fall among them that fall: at the time that I visit them they shall be cast down, saith the LORD.

laymen

Apr 6, 2014
faithlife.com
It is all good and well until one begins putting day worship above Son worship. Every day should be kept holy and worshipful. Argument about which day of the week should be preferred is not constructive either. That being said, every seventh day is indeed Biblical and was practiced in the Early Church.
Sabbath keeping isn’t clear to me. It seems like we’re supposed to keep every day holy and worship God every day. It also seems like there aren’t any clear instructions for the dos and don’ts of sabbath keeping. Seems like they avoided work on the sabbath in the Old Testament, but then again working on the sabbath is good if it betters yours or someone else’s life and that’s an opinion. Seems entirely subjective to me. Seems like if you just keep doing good and living right every day then you can’t go wrong.
I think one why we can start to understand the Sabbth is by understanding God created the world in 7 literal days. Knowing who the creator is first and for most. Atheistic thinking can lead one to think it took billions of years.

Ok you say you might agree with that what now. Why does it mater the specific day.

For one God made it Holy where as everything else was only made good. Why is this important? To separate himself from creation it self and bring your full attention on Him. All of the religions outside of Christianity Seem to worship the “creation” instead of the Creator. That said even some Christians. Plus the fact we know the right day plan and simple and it’s the day Jesus kept in Roman times. The Gregorian calendar was around at this time.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Love is great and praise God He is love.
Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Perfect love delights to do Gods will. Sinning is what hurt Jesus, our sin is what nailed Him to the cross.
Psa 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.
1Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

In Jeremiah's day they were saying peace, peace.
Jer 6:14-15 They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace. 15 Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore they shall fall among them that fall: at the time that I visit them they shall be cast down, saith the LORD.
Tell me about how GREAT God’s Love is…

God’s Love has POWER to cast out ALL fear, deliver captives, heal the sick, raise the dead, fill all hearts with His Love that bypasses our human intellect…

God is AMAZING!!!!!

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Tell me about how GREAT God’s Love is…

God’s Love has POWER to cast out ALL fear, deliver captives, heal the sick, raise the dead, fill all hearts with His Love that bypasses our human intellect…

God is AMAZING!!!!!
God is Amazing.
I has lots to learn.
If we lived in a world without sin, love would be everywhere. We will see how sin has caused so much pain.

Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

We have all failed. We all need a saviour. And the love of God is seen through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus.

If there is no law or the law can be changed, Jesus did not need to die.

His loves us so much and paid the price for our sin, of transgressing the law..
But He still said "go and sin no more".

A beautiful saviour...
He saved us from sin. (Justification), and saved us from sin (sanctification), and will save us from sin (glorification).

Iconoclast

May 27, 2017
there was only one Covenant and one Law of Moses.

you cannot just extract the !0 out of and claim they stand alone.
The 10 commandments are always in effect, even before moses

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Hello Pilgrimshope, As I can see we have different views as to The Sabbath, but the point about this issue is whether are we to keep His commandments are not as to what He has said rightly dividing His words unto Him.

As He has left us examples to follow His steps: 1 Peter 2:21
21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
Read full chapter

Love, Walter
yes brother we seperate Moses words the old covenant mediator and convert to Christs words , the mediator of the new covenant

The law and the prophets were until John:

since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭16:16‬ ‭

“Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech: and not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished: but their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.

Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭3:12-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

It was hard for israel to acknolwedge Jesus and the gospel because it meant they had to let Christ and the gospel be superior to Moses law they had to let one go and grab the other and many couldn’t see it

Jesus was actually accused based on the law many times because they had no heart circumcision and spirit from God thier commands are all earthly servitude repetitive rules to keep if you don’t honor the sabbath you die !

V honor God every day and rest in Christs provisions for your soul

but yes. Either I think it’s okay honestly when we disagree about honoring a special day we have guidance in the new testsment

One man esteemeth one day above another: ( you )

another esteemeth every day alike. ( me )

Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; ( you )

and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. ( me )

(same if we disagree on food laws )

He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭14:5-6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

we don’t have to think alike regarding things from Moses law because it’s not a part of our requirement we are of faith which is of the gospel the New Testament

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
The 10 commandments were written by God. Not Moses.
God wrote them on stone and gave them to Moses to give to the people and place in the ark.

Many times we are told to keep the 10 commandments in the new testament.
Matt 19:17,
Matt 5:19, 21, 27
Rom 2:21-27.
Rom 13:8,9,10
1Cor 7:19
Jam 2:10
1John 2:3,4...5:2,3
Rev 12:17, 14:12, 22:14.

Paul is clear that keeping the law does not make us righteous. But he doesn't say to disobey. The law needs to be internalized, written on heart. Love for God and love for our neighbour is the 10 commandments summarized.

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
Obligating one's self to the Ten Commandments automatically obligates
one's self to all the commandments contained in the covenant that Moses'
people entered into with God on oath per Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and
Deuteronomy. No cherry picking.

Deut 4:2 …You shall not add anything to what I command you or take
anything away from it, but keep the commandments of the Lord your God
that I enjoin upon you.

Deut 5:29-30 …Be careful, then, to do as the Lord your God has
commanded you. Do not turn aside to the right or to the left: follow only the
path that the Lord your God has enjoined upon you

Deut 27:1 …Moses and the elders of Israel commanded the people: "Keep
all these commands that I give you today.

Deut 27:26 . . Cursed is the man who does not uphold the words of this
law by carrying them out.
_

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
Can you keep the Sabbath holy, according to the 4th commandment, every day of the week.

The Sabbath is a picture that represents a moment-by-moment rest. No one has the peace of God till they have made peace with God. If one cannot see the symbolism and purpose of the Sabbath, then it matters not whether they keep it perfectly.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Obligating one's self to the Ten Commandments automatically obligates
one's self to all the commandments contained in the covenant that Moses'
people entered into with God on oath per Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and
Deuteronomy. No cherry picking.

Deut 4:2 …You shall not add anything to what I command you or take
anything away from it, but keep the commandments of the Lord your God
that I enjoin upon you.

Deut 5:29-30 …Be careful, then, to do as the Lord your God has
commanded you. Do not turn aside to the right or to the left: follow only the
path that the Lord your God has enjoined upon you

Deut 27:1 …Moses and the elders of Israel commanded the people: "Keep
all these commands that I give you today.

Deut 27:26 . . Cursed is the man who does not uphold the words of this
law by carrying them out.
_
The word tells us that many laws were shadows. Some laws were nailed to the cross.
The book of Hebrews is good to explain how Jesus took the place of many ordanaces. Rightly dividing the word is key so that you don't discard all the laws.
Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
Jas 2:10-11 . .Whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one
point, he is guilty of all. For He who said, "Do not commit adultery," also
said, "Do not murder." Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do
murder, you have become a transgressor of the law.

Take for example Seventh Day Adventism. Well; according to James, should
an SDA be faithful at keeping the routine day of rest, yet is dishonest at
times; then his observance of the sabbath is nullified because the law
requiring sabbath observance at the same time prohibits dishonesty.

Lev 19:11 . . You shall not deal falsely, nor lie to one another.

Sabbathizers are sort of like hapless beetles struggling to climb a very
smooth flag pole. For every inch the beetles advance upward, they slip and
fall back down two.
_

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
The law that was “nailed to the cross” was the ceremonial law, leaving the moral law still in effect.
But Paul was teaching that salvation was gained not by lawkeeping, either moral or ceremonial, but by faith.
Faith in Jesus is the key to salvation.
Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

If a law was nailed to the cross, which one do we establish?.......

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
The law that was “nailed to the cross” was the ceremonial law, leaving the moral law still in effect.
But Paul was teaching that salvation was gained not by lawkeeping, either moral or ceremonial, but by faith.
Faith in Jesus is the key to salvation.
Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

If a law was nailed to the cross, which one do we establish?.......
Faith in Jesus Christ is not only the key to salvation, Faith in Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to receive Salvation.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011

According to the Word, the Seventh Day is given to us to rest and be close to our Father, that is to not need to tend to ourselves all the Day.

Jesus Yeshua demonstrates there is not need to not do anything when He declaared the Father is working so must He. Ergo, Jesus Yeshua is working, so must we. I speak in terms of exercising His word as best given each of us.

There is no such thing as and eight day, this is a confusion introduced by the enemy.

Nowhere in the Word are we told to call a day when we meet to worship are it must be called a new Sabbath other than what we have been given by God. That is, we may meet on the Seventh day or any day,however the Seventh Day is still the day given to us to rest when it is possible. If your family may starve id you do not obey your emplyers to work that day, not problem for Jesus Yeshua has taught us no law that does not contain mercy need be followed.

Also in the Bible it is said that some men observe one day and others give it no account, ergo *again( you are not being sinful if you believe in the sisght of Jesus Yeshua that what you are doing is just fine.

Do not make a law requiring others to do what you do, keep it to judging for yourself what is right, for otherwiise hypocrasy rears its ugly head.

May no one be offended by this post I pray for if it is read in it entirety, all will see that it should offend no one. god bless you always in Yeshua Jesus, amen.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Faith in Jesus Christ is not only the key to salvation, Faith in Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to receive Salvation.
True, but you still didn't answer the question.
Do we make void the law through faith?

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Jesus taked about the sabbath in 70 ad.. many years after the cross.

Mat 24:19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! 20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

If the sabbath day was nailed to the cross why did Jesus say to pray that your flight be not on the sabbath day?

ThewindBlows

Sep 30, 2019
We establish the law but Love is the fulfillment of the law and Jesus showed that, So the question is how do you think you keep the Sabbath?

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
If the sabbath day was nailed to the cross why did Jesus say to pray that your
flight be not on the sabbath day?

The covenant that Moses' people entered into with God per Exodus,
Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy is obsolete, but not out of business.
Jews not yet switched over to the new covenant per Jer 31:31-34 remain under
obligation to comply with the old.

Ex 16:29 requires Jews to stay close to home on the sabbath day. Seeing as
how human life and safety trump strict sabbath observance, it's okay with
God for Jews to flee in accord with Jesus' warning, but zealots would likely
come after them with deadly intent. (Ex 31:12-17)

In addition, folks within the city walls of Jerusalem after dark would likely be
stuck there and not able to flee because the gates might be shut and
guarded on the sabbath. (Neh 13:19-22)
_

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
The Blood of Jesus Christ takes away all my sin of NOT fulfilling the Law; and the Body of Jesus Christ gives me the Righteousness of the human fulfillment of the Law.

The Lord our Righteousness.

Faith in Jesus Christ does NOT void the Law, it fulfills the Law in us.

The good works I do now are NOT for salvation but, just simply because I loooooove God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. :love:(y)