Is it biblical to attend Church every Sunday?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

pjharrison

ah, here we go- the real reason why you do not like local church- you want a sinless perfectionism theology.

sinless perfectionism is a 100% false doctrine. no one is sinless.
(n)

P

pjharrison

Exodus 20:20 Moses said to the people, "Do not be afraid. God has come to test you, so that the fear of God will be with you to keep you from sinning."
1 John 3: 9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

P

pjharrison

so? do you believe in sinlessness or not?
1 john 3 : 9No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
1 john 3 : 9No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.
how do you define sin?

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
I want to ask you a question. Why is there adultery in the church, sooner are later there will be someone that rubs you the wrong way? In the church we learn that you just repent because we are under Grace. That God is a loving God he will forgive you. If people really fear God, they would be too scared to sin, because he cannot immerse with sin, so you lose. You have seen what we have been talking about, so I'm not going into it again.
As my orchestra teacher would tell us when we asked some random question that had nothing to do with the lesson: what does this have to do with the cost of tea in China?

Lol.

The church I grew up in had a case of adultery. It followed the guideline provided in Scripture. Thanks to God and His great mercy, I know for a fact one of the individuals repented and was restored. As for the other person, idk. I never saw said person again. I can only hope and pray this person listened to Holy Spirit.

P

pjharrison

1John 3: 4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

P

pjharrison

As my orchestra teacher would tell us when we asked some random question that had nothing to do with the lesson: what does this have to do with the cost of tea in China?

Lol.

The church I grew up in had a case of adultery. It followed the guideline provided in Scripture. Thanks to God and His great mercy, I know for a fact one of the individuals repented and was restored. As for the other person, idk. I never saw said person again. I can only hope and pray this person listened to Holy Spirit.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
1John 3: 4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
Exodus 20:20 Moses said to the people, "Do not be afraid. God has come to test you, so that the fear of God will be with you to keep you from sinning."
1 John 3: 9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.
1 John 1:8-10 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

There's more Scripture for you.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
Please clarify how this relates to my post.

P

pjharrison

1 John 1:8-10 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

There's more Scripture for you.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
The Churches keep you in infancy. In the body of Christ adultery will not be tolerated.
Not every congregation tolerates adultery.

I have grown in my walk with the Lord personally and through the local fellowship. I’m sure MANY others here can say the same for themselves. You have not visited every single local fellowship in the world. You don’t have the right to say ALL churches keep the believers in infancy.

P

pjharrison

I have grown in my walk with the Lord personally and through the local fellowship. I’m sure MANY others here can say the same for themselves. You have not visited every single local fellowship in the world. You don’t have the right to say ALL churches keep the believers in infancy.
One day some of them will come out of the churches, but not all because the bible says,Matthew 7:13-14 13"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

shrume

Jun 26, 2017
Was Paul born of God? Have you read Romans 7?

gb9

Jan 18, 2011

well, since he believes in sinless perfectionism, he thinks any church that does not teach that is invalid.

P

pjharrison

Was Paul born of God? Have you read Romans 7?
Come on now seriously; surely you know that it is talking about after you are born again. None of them were born of God, Except Jesus.

shrume

Jun 26, 2017
Come on now seriously; surely you know that it is talking about after you are born again.
That’s my point. In Romans 7 Paul writes that he still sinned after he was born again.

None of them were born of God, Except Jesus.
Every Christian is born of God. The Christian new birth.

P

pjharrison

That’s my point. In Romans 7 Paul writes that he still sinned after he was born again.

Every Christian is born of God. The Christian new birth.
Romans 7: 5-6
5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter

P

pjharrison

You have to stop living by the soul and live by the spirit. That's how you die.