Is it biblical to attend Church every Sunday?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

pjharrison

Tour was a typo that I forgot to erase. I was asking about that quote that you said. That what I didn't understand, because Jesus and God are one in the same.
God Bless you.

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Tour was a typo that I forgot to erase. I was asking about that quote that you said. That what I didn't understand, because Jesus and God are one in the same.

Are they now?
Matthew 3

16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Matthew 4

4 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
Matthew 7

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 8

29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

Matthew 9

8 But when the multitudes saw it, they marvelled, and glorified God, which had given such power unto men.

38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.
Matthew 10

19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.

20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

I could list more places, where Jesus matter of factly stated, that He Himself, said NOTHING of, or FROM Himself, but, that which "His father in Heaven" told Him to speak.

But? When Jesus went off in so many oft occasions to Pray? He was praying to Himself?

If Jesus and God are one in the same? Who IS that, sitting at God's right hand side, on the Throne?

One in the same, eh? Same Spirit! YES! Same "Power and Authority?" YES! Foretold of by Jehovah's faithful servants in the O.T.? YES! Was WITH His Father, AND GOD, (notice the distinctions) AT the "creation" of this present earth/heaven age, as a (and, I mean NO disrespect) Plan B, due to the "ATTEMPTED overthrowing", in a "prior" earth/heaven age? OF the which, came the "stories" from "greek mythology?" YES!! (Genesis 1:2 - 2 And the earth was without form, and "void" (traditions of men, due to the overthrow) ; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters [waters=people].)

If you don't "understand" the "beginning"?" You are not going to "understand", the "end!" (of this earth/heaven age)

In the light of Psalms 110:1b? There is more in this verse, then one may think.
Matthew 20

16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

Some labor for God IN Christ? Some labor for God AND Christ! (however?) We ALL Labor FOR GOD! The "pay" is the SAME! For ALL of us! (which is?) ETERNITY WITH GOD!

(SOME things, are TRUE! REGARDLESS, if they are believed, or not!)

(hint) Who do you believe, SCARED the devil into "disclosing his hand", before he was ready to play it?

Who do you believe, is "rendering our enemies as a footstool FOR Christ?"

Can't be Jesus, can it?

P

pjharrison

The old testament is about God and the new testament is about Jesus. Jesus was with God the whole time in the old testament.
John 1: 1-3,1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made
John 1: 14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
There are three parts to God. They all havedifferant functions.
Gen: 1: 1-3, 1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
This is were we see all three at work.
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. God said(God is the mind, and the Father), Let there be light(the word, which is Jesus the son), The Holy Spirit is the power that does the work.

your words: But? When Jesus went off in so many oft occasions to Pray? He was praying to Himself?
Yes he was praying to the mind the Father. The one with all the answers.

Your words:
Matthew 3

16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
This is because he was the word made flesh, There was God the son and the Holy Spirit desending as a dove.
John 12:49 For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken.
This is because God is the mind, The word was made flesh. Every word that God speaks is Jesus.

NayborBear

In light of this statement, what is your view on Acts 16:6-7?

Paul and his companions traveled throughout the region of Phrygia and Galatia, having been kept by the Holy Spirit from preaching the word in the province of Asia. When they came to the border of Mysia, they tried to enter Bithynia, but the Spirit of Jesus would not allow them to.

:unsure: Seems there is some discrepancy from the translation you are using for quoting these verses, and the King James.

Acts 16 King James Version (KJV)

6 Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia,

7 After they were come to Mysia, they assayed to go into Bithynia: but the Spirit suffered them not.

In the KJV, it would seem, the "Spirit" mentioned in verse 7, is the same "Spirit", mentioned in verse 6! As it is of "little regard" in the "Grand Scheme" of things. Because in so many other "Translations", the word "Spirit", is rendered "Spirit of Jesus!" Which speaks more concerning Paul's adamacy, and STUBBORNESS (character), in their proceeding into Bithynia. Which had to be pretty strong! As it took BOTH, the Holy Spirit, AND the Spirit of Jesus (of which Paul had a "close up and personal" encounter with) in God's GAINING of Paul's attention! ;)

Should Paul have "kept up" his "adamacy?" Perhaps, it would have been Baalim's Mule, taking a 2x4 to Paul's head, eh? :p

Alas, we will never know!

One "nugget" to be gained from this? Should God REQUIRE one's "attention?" He "KNOWS" which "buttons to push!" (y)(y)

Should (how can I say) a "babe in Christ", "ERRONEOUSLY conbine" the 2 "distinctly different" "meanings" of the word "Spirit" in verse 6&7? There is this to help:

Gevurot 16:6-7 Orthodox Jewish Bible (OJB)

6 And they traveled through the regions of Phrygia and Galatia, having been forbidden by the Ruach Hakodesh to speak the dvar Hashem in [the Roman Province of] Asia.

7 And having come to the border of Mysia, they were trying to go toward Bithynia, and the Ruach of Moshiach did not permit them.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
:unsure: Seems there is some discrepancy from the translation you are using for quoting these verses, and the King James.

Acts 16 King James Version (KJV)

6 Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia,

7 After they were come to Mysia, they assayed to go into Bithynia: but the Spirit suffered them not.

In the KJV, it would seem, the "Spirit" mentioned in verse 7, is the same "Spirit", mentioned in verse 6! As it is of "little regard" in the "Grand Scheme" of things. Because in so many other "Translations", the word "Spirit", is rendered "Spirit of Jesus!" Which speaks more concerning Paul's adamacy, and STUBBORNESS (character), in their proceeding into Bithynia. Which had to be pretty strong! As it took BOTH, the Holy Spirit, AND the Spirit of Jesus (of which Paul had a "close up and personal" encounter with) in God's GAINING of Paul's attention! ;)

Should Paul have "kept up" his "adamacy?" Perhaps, it would have been Baalim's Mule, taking a 2x4 to Paul's head, eh? :p

Alas, we will never know!

One "nugget" to be gained from this? Should God REQUIRE one's "attention?" He "KNOWS" which "buttons to push!" (y)(y)

Should (how can I say) a "babe in Christ", "ERRONEOUSLY conbine" the 2 "distinctly different" "meanings" of the word "Spirit" in verse 6&7? There is this to help:

Gevurot 16:6-7 Orthodox Jewish Bible (OJB)

6 And they traveled through the regions of Phrygia and Galatia, having been forbidden by the Ruach Hakodesh to speak the dvar Hashem in [the Roman Province of] Asia.

7 And having come to the border of Mysia, they were trying to go toward Bithynia, and the Ruach of Moshiach did not permit them.
Thanks for the response. There are several things I might address, but I don't want to take this thread on tangents.

NayborBear

The old testament is about God and the new testament is about Jesus. Jesus was with God the whole time in the old testament.
John 1: 1-3,1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made
John 1: 14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
There are three parts to God. They all havedifferant functions.
Gen: 1: 1-3, 1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
This is were we see all three at work.
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. God said(God is the mind, and the Father), Let there be light(the word, which is Jesus the son), The Holy Spirit is the power that does the work.

your words: But? When Jesus went off in so many oft occasions to Pray? He was praying to Himself?
Yes he was praying to the mind the Father. The one with all the answers.

Your words:
Matthew 3

This is because he was the word made flesh, There was God the son and the Holy Spirit desending as a dove.
John 12:49 For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken.
This is because God is the mind, The word was made flesh. Every word that God speaks is Jesus.

The Lord be with you, in your seekings! :)

NayborBear

Thanks for the response. There are several things I might address, but I don't want to take this thread on tangents.
I understand, and I would be more n willing in the obliging ya! But? I have my grass to cut, as well as a neighbor lady's.

Go ahead and start one up. I'll get back to ya when I can. Lord willin', and the creeks don't rise! :p