is it Blasphemous...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Bleed

Dec 8, 2019
to say "Heaven on Earth"?

acts5_29

Apr 17, 2020
I think references to Heaven, Jesus, and God--even if lighthearted--are better than no references at all. It gets people to thinking about those things more than if you just blot it out of your mind altogether.

Bleed

Dec 8, 2019
not sure where it comes from... i have always been put off hearing it.

not sure where it comes from... i have always been put off hearing it.
Can see that. Always irks me when someone says Heaven is here on Earth, and hell is on Earth....

Apr 15, 2017
Mat 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Mat 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

To say heaven on earth is the same to say that God's ways should be on earth as they are in heaven, and we are to pray for God's kingdom to come on earth which is by way of having the Holy Spirit, and also the millennial reign of Christ which the LORD shall be King over all the earth, and in that day there shall be one LORD, and His name one, and the knowledge of the LORD shall cover the whole earth as the waters cover the seas.

Which the angels in heaven are not rebelling, and not sinning, and the ones that did are not there anymore.

Luk 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Luk 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

When a person receives the Holy Spirit then the kingdom of God is within them, and they display the ways of the kingdom of God on earth.

That is why Jesus said there would be some that were standing there that would not taste of death until they seen the kingdom of God come, and with power.

Which the day of Pentecost is when the kingdom of God had come when the 120 people received the Spirit.

2Ti 3:4 lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Some people that confess Christ do not receive the Spirit for they hold unto sin and believe they still have salvation, but if they acknowledge the truth that they cannot hold unto sin and be right with God, and hate sin, and do not want sin, then they will receive the Spirit.

Mat 22:13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Not everybody comes to the truth after they are called, and that truth is to allow the Spirit to lead you and act Christlike.

And if we do sin to get rid of it and not want it, and move forward, and not have the attitude we can live in that sin every day and be saved, which some do live in sin, and say they are saved by faith.

But out of faith, hope, and charity, love in action, charity is the greatest.

Love is greater than faith, and faith works by love.

Which Paul said love does not think an evil thought, and does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth.

Isa 59:1 Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:
Isa 59:2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Mar 28, 2016
Can see that. Always irks me when someone says Heaven is here on Earth, and hell is on Earth....

Three heavens two earths, two beginnings

The first heaven is our atmosphere where we live and serve the Lord. (breathable) You could say setting the stage for the gospel . Lights camera action. It is where David in the Psalm says, “the fowls of the heaven have their habitation, which sing among the branches” (Psa. 104:12).

The second heaven is the solar system that consists of the sun, moon, stars, and planets (Gen. 1:14-18). What the eyes see rudiments of this world.

“The heavens declare the unseen glory of God; and the firmament [expanse] shows His handiwork. From there the 2nd heaven. The wrath is also revealed daily under the Sun . While Satan dwelt in the second heaven, he was cast out of heaven to the earth at the time of reformation.

The third heaven the unseen eternal is the abode of God often referred to in the Scriptures as the "heaven of heavens" the place of the unseen glory . The Holy of Holy place . It is also where an innumerable host of angels worship and serve the Lord. Nehemiah under inspiration informs of us of the third heaven , “Thou, even thou, art Lord alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein” (Neh. 9:6).

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Well if you take it literally I can see it bothering you, but people don't really mean it literally.

Bleed

Dec 8, 2019
that really struck a chord garee!

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Yes, it's blasphemous if said with the wrong meaning/intentions, just like the very first time I heard it.

When I was young (about 20 years old, still in college), I once got into a cab, and the cab driver started talking to me about which women in the world are prettiest to fornicate with, swearing that Russian women are the best. Anyways, later on, he tells me: "You know what!? There is no heaven and hell. There is only heaven on earth and hell on earth.". So, I asked him what he meant, liking the sound of that after being greased with talk about fornication with women. He answered: "Heaven on earth is when you've chosen to ignore everything people tell you about right and wrong, and chose to instead just enjoy the pleasures of life. Women and money. Hell on earth is when you're living a very miserable life on earth because of avoiding the pleasures people call evil and you can't seem to get out of it. Remember, there is no heaven and hell. There is only heaven on earth and hell on earth!".

Anyways, that set me on a path of agnosticism, atheism, and finding joy only through women's bodies, including Russian. Praise the Lord, I'm out of that now.

So, yes, it can be certainly blasphemous to say "heaven on earth".

That said, with the right intentions, it may be said as a lighthearted well-intentioned joke after experiencing God's grace in this world.

It's like enjoying the perfect pancakes somewhere with your friends and one of them saying "Wow! Those pancakes taste so good they are like Heaven on Earth"

Godspeed.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
When you look up, what do you see? Do you not see a heaven? There are "at least" three heavens ya know....

Heaven, in the concept you are speaking of, is a way people try to explain some joyous place/time here on earth based on what their concept of Heaven is........ Don's see how that can be offensive to anyone, other than those who deny the existence of God.....

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I agree about Heaven on Earth being just a sinless metaphor (i.e. simple joy not implying any sin) that is not denying the true Heaven from the Bible, yet affirming the strive for reaching it in the afterlife.