Is it correct that Jesus is in heaven at the right hand of God right now?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 24, 2012
Is it correct that Jesus is in heaven at the right hand of God right now, according to 1 Peter 3:22?

Dec 12, 2013
Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Is it correct that Jesus is in heaven at the right hand of God right now, according to 1 Peter 3:22?
Absolutely. There are several Scriptures which tell us that He is.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Mark 16:19 19So then after the LORD had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Acts 7:55-56 55But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, 56And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Of course:

(Acts 2:34 KJV) For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

(Acts 2:35 KJV) Until I make thy foes thy footstool.

(Acts 2:36 KJV) Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

(Acts 7:55 KJV) But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

(Acts 7:56 KJV) And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

God made the foes of Christ aka the apostate Jews his footstool in the destruction brought on them by the Romans in the war of 66-70 AD

J

jaybird88

God made the foes of Christ aka the apostate Jews his footstool in the destruction brought on them by the Romans in the war of 66-70 AD
this is one of those things i have heard all my life yet it doesnt seem to add up. if the apostate Jews were crushed by rome why are they still chugging alone like nothing happened, they are calling together religious councils, organizing their own biblical canon just a few years after they were destroyed by rome, you would think they would be rebuilding their homes, towns, re organizing administration agriculture and all the rest just the same as every other defeated kingdom. establishing a bible canon, which was never important before, you would think would be the last thing on their mind.
why would the Jews all of a sudden break their alliance with rome? the anti-rome Jews at the time of Jesus were a very small group with little to no influence.
one thing that did change, the 1st church of Jeresalem lead by James - gone, the Essenes - gone, Nazarenes - gone. three groups that were all pro Christian, if not the first Christians all went underground.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Jesus, Yeshua, is God…….....God is everywhere…….everywhere.

BaptistBibleBeliever

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
It's correct . . . but you know what is really kewl?

"But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved; ) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 2:4-7).

Of course, someone will shortly post that since it doesn't make sense to him, it isn't true . . . but there you have it.

L

LPT

If a mothers child dies at 1 years old does she get the child back in 33 years.

BaptistBibleBeliever

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
If she is saved by the Blood of Christ she is guaranteed to see her loved ones again . . . including her child.

For those that are convinced that they need to be good enough to get to heaven, the child won't even remember it had a parent on this earth. That includes those that think that Jesus did His part on the cross, but now they must do their part in order to stay saved.

L

LPT

Y or N in 33 years

L

LPT

It's a number, Y or N to the original question

J

jaybird88

i dont get the the OP. 1 Peter 3:22 says Jesus is at the right hand, is someone suggesting this passage is an error? if so why?

L

LPT

On or At can be a profound difference

1 peter 3:22
Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
You are right but the right hand of God is not a place but a phrase that means glory/victory/righteous.