Is it Possible; Is it Even Allowed? Can a Christian Judge Themselves

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 20, 2022
For we must all be manifested before the judgment seat of Christ, that every one may receive the proper things of the body, according as he hath done, whether it be good or evil.
and scrolls were opened, The Judgment* and The Book of Life*

so, not ALL is being Judged with Same Judgement, one is getting DEATH another is getting LIFE.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
all must be manifested before the judgment seat of Christ, that every one may receive the proper things of the body, according as he hath done...

It seems to me that we will all be dead no matter what we have done, either in Christ or apart from Christ who, alone, is life.
what if this were part of the equation

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭1:8-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

what if this were part of the equation ?

“But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall be given into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭6:35-38‬ ‭KJV‬‬

what jesus taught offers life and no condemnation

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭

What if what Jesus taught and told us to believe is the words of the judge we must face ? What if he taught men how to live ?

“He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.”
‭‭John‬ ‭12:48-50‬ ‭KJV‬‬

If we were to hear what Jesus was saying it could co Vince us that he’s offering us everlasting life without condemnation it’s based upon mercy

“So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty. For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.”
‭‭James‬ ‭2:12-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

We’re not perfect but we can repent and we can forgive others who aren’t perfect towards us or we can be strict and condemn everyone for thier sins and deny our own we’re really setting our own manner of judgement in how we judge others

Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: …with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.”

this law gives life and forgiveness and mercy and no condemnation and is better than this

“Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.”
‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭18:4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

It comes to those who have reached that place and become sinners

I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭5:32‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Sinners are already condemned when we first sin it’s why the New Testament is about being saved from that condemnation upon all sinners

If we look at what Jesus was teaching we find life and the path that leads to life forgivness mercy Hope faith freedom ect …..

“Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:31-32‬ ‭KJV‬‬

If we read the law of Moses we aren’t going to find freedom but bondage it depends on which doctrine you look at one is certain death

the other is gods promise of everlasting life sent to all people

Jul 14, 2019
I would say no one is righteous or justified without the Cross of Christ. One of the central doctrines of the Bible is we are saved by grace which we don't deserve. Humility says I'm not worthy to latch his sandals like John.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
what if this were part of the equation

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭1:8-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

what if this were part of the equation ?

“But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall be given into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭6:35-38‬ ‭KJV‬‬

what jesus taught offers life and no condemnation

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭

What if what Jesus taught and told us to believe is the words of the judge we must face ? What if he taught men how to live ?

“He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.”

If we were to hear what Jesus was saying it could co Vince us that he’s offering us everlasting life without condemnation it’s based upon mercy

“So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty. For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.”
‭‭James‬ ‭2:12-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

We’re not perfect but we can repent and we can forgive others who aren’t perfect towards us or we can be strict and condemn everyone for thier sins and deny our own we’re really setting our own manner of judgement in how we judge others

Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: …with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.”

this law gives life and forgiveness and mercy and no condemnation and is better than this

“Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.”
‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭18:4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

It comes to those who have reached that place and become sinners

I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”

Sinners are already condemned when we first sin it’s why the New Testament is about being saved from that condemnation upon all sinners

If we look at what Jesus was teaching we find life and the path that leads to life forgivness mercy Hope faith freedom ect …..

“Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

If we read the law of Moses we aren’t going to find freedom but bondage it depends on which doctrine you look at one is certain death

the other is gods promise of everlasting life sent to all people
This is all the fruit of being in Christ though, isn't it? Paul struggled with a thorn in his flesh, and begged God to remove it. I wonder if he wished God could make him more 'perfected' and lamented over whatever the imperfection was that might've pained him. Paul is told, "My grace is sufficient for you: for my strength is made perfect in weakness." (2Cor12:9) And Moses said unto God, "Who am I, that I should go unto Pharoah, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?" (Exo3:11,12)

Jesus tells us that Moses and the prophets spoke of Him, and so the law also teaches of him. How? That there is life in perfection, but since no one can obtain it, God's grace provides, just as He'd always done. However, the sufficiency God accepted in Moses' time of bulls and goats, which can never take away sin (Hebrews 10:11) for it is impossible that they can (Heb 10:4), is overshadowed by the perfection of Christ's sufficiency which can make perfect those who draw near to worship (Heb 10:1). To hold to Moses' law and system of sacrifice is like insisting on using obsolete technology or inventions after so much better has come and replaced it.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
This is all the fruit of being in Christ though, isn't it? Paul struggled with a thorn in his flesh, and begged God to remove it. I wonder if he wished God could make him more 'perfected' and lamented over whatever the imperfection was that might've pained him. Paul is told, "My grace is sufficient for you: for my strength is made perfect in weakness." (2Cor12:9) And Moses said unto God, "Who am I, that I should go unto Pharoah, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?" (Exo3:11,12)

Jesus tells us that Moses and the prophets spoke of Him, and so the law also teaches of him. How? That there is life in perfection, but since no one can obtain it, God's grace provides, just as He'd always done. However, the sufficiency God accepted in Moses' time of bulls and goats, which can never take away sin (Hebrews 10:11) for it is impossible that they can (Heb 10:4), is overshadowed by the perfection of Christ's sufficiency which can make perfect those who draw near to worship (Heb 10:1). To hold to Moses' law and system of sacrifice is like insisting on using obsolete technology or inventions after so much better has come and replaced it.
“This is all the fruit of being in Christ though, isn't it? “

Yea being in Christ requires us to not reject what he’s saying

Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you.

As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15:2-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Our part is to be a disciple of the lord . When we say “I’m in Christ “ it means we’ve accepted his doctrine and e promises it holds like this one

If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:15-16, 21, 23-24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

See being in Christ means I accept what he’s teaching if I reject it im not in Christ

“Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:”
‭‭2 John‬ ‭1:9-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

so I agree yes it’s fruit of being in Christ , being in Christ means you have accepted the gospel ….and shall be saved . We can’t reject what God said will save us like repentance and then also expect to be saved in Christ means we’ve heard his word and believe it that’s what changes us and brings forth fruit of gods kingdom rather than fruits of sin

ashen we hear the gospel we can embrace it or not embrace it , we can reject it , we c an beer it and accept it and later decide it’s not worth it or greed might overcome us ect we have to abide in the gospel to be in Christ

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
So I did not read the whole thread since this showstopper right here caused a 'huh'? in my mind. Pardon me if what follows has been pointed out to you then.

We are only worthy if we accept Christ by faith. Faith only is what a person has to bring to God. If God counted Abraham righteous because of his faith (he showed his faith by living and believing in what God told him) then I believe it is good enough for the rest of us.

I've heard/read all the objections regarding faith only and I am more than willing and certainly able, to provide proof of that from the book of Romans which seems to be overlooked somewhat in this forum.

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
For if we sin wilfully after having the knowledge of the truth, there is now left no sacrifice for sins. But a certain dreadful expectation of judgment, and the rage of a fire which shall consume the adversaries.
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: I John 2:1

just sayin'

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
:)

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

“Jesus tells us that Moses and the prophets spoke of Him, and so the law also teaches of him. How? “

brother the law of Moses is an earthly pattern and speaks often of Jesus Moses literally wrote and spoke of Jesus in passages like this look what it is Moses is saying and then what Jesus said and what Peter later says again

moses foretells this in the law

I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, ( God is speaking to Moses ) and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭18:18-19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

jesus claims

now Peter after he is filled with the holy spirit confirms by his witness and also adding that all of the prophets who’ve spoken have spoken of these same days

“and he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭3:20-24, 26‬ ‭

The law and prophets are constantly witnessing of Christ brother you just have to hear the gospel to see it it’s why they didn’t understand it was t yet revealed

But the lambs they sacrificed at Passover was actually a lesson about Jesus

at he sin sacrifices and scapegoat we’re lessons about what Jesus would do in bearing our sins dying and being raised up alive

at he high priest and his duties in tbe inner room also a lesson about Jesus the true high priest in the true heavenly tabernacle

ect the law is itself a witness of Christ and the gospel in pattern and figure

And the prophets also are a witness of Christ and the gospel in vision and mysterious prophecy

The gospel is the fulfillment of what they said would later happen like the prophets said this a prophecy says something will happen before it happens

“Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭7:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

It was fulfilled in The gospel by Jesus thisnos when it happened as they prophet foretold

“And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, And they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭1:21-23‬ ‭KJV‬‬

At the end of this jesusnis born ….and we now know what Immanuel means

another example

“Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭42:1‬ ‭KJV‬‬

jesus received the spirit at his baptism and began to speak Gods judgements and words for salvation and it was sent to gentiles after he rose up

jesus himself coming fulfilled what the law and prophets had said about him in word prophecy and figure the gospel he brought forth is what can save us

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
but we are the one who carries the barometer, knowing, if we are good with God, or not.
That's an interesting way of putting it. I don't necessarily disagree, but I suggest some unpacking of your comment might be helpful. :)

Jun 20, 2022
That's an interesting way of putting it. I don't necessarily disagree, but I suggest some unpacking of your comment might be helpful. :)
each person has one specific, at least just one, SIN, even while being Saved, they continue to Struggle with.
in fact, for much of the Christian life, that one specific SIN, has won more times than lost in our battle to do it or not.
it is true, in time, you do overcome that Temptation but once in awhile it still gets you.
but for me, that specific Sin, i know it all so well, how it traps me, what the temptation of it means.
so, should i commit that Sin, i know going into the very Act of Committing that SIN, what i am doing.
and to be honest, even Sins that happen in the heat of the Moment and unexpected, you still know it is Wrong quickly after doing it.
like an immediate flashback of i said this....i did that?

in time, as God does His Works within a Believer, that Believer, will know when they Sin...purposefully or unexpectedly when or soon after they have sinned. The Spirit of God has conformed us, even though, we still do things off the path. we have learned to be a Barometer.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
each person has one specific, at least just one, SIN, even while being Saved, they continue to Struggle with.
in fact, for much of the Christian life, that one specific SIN, has won more times than lost in our battle to do it or not.
it is true, in time, you do overcome that Temptation but once in awhile it still gets you.
but for me, that specific Sin, i know it all so well, how it traps me, what the temptation of it means.
so, should i commit that Sin, i know going into the very Act of Committing that SIN, what i am doing.
and to be honest, even Sins that happen in the heat of the Moment and unexpected, you still know it is Wrong quickly after doing it.
like an immediate flashback of i said this....i did that?

in time, as God does His Works within a Believer, that Believer, will know when they Sin...purposefully or unexpectedly when or soon after they have sinned. The Spirit of God has conformed us, even though, we still do things off the path. we have learned to be a Barometer.
Okay... in general I understand what you're saying, but Scripture does not say that. In my experience, we conquer one thing and then something else crops up. I would sooner believe that a "chronic sin" (as you have described) is evidence of a deeper issue that needs to be addressed. I firmly believe that we can have victory over specific sins, and that the degree and frequency of sin should diminish as one grows in Christ, but that final victory over all sins only comes with physical death.

SilverFox7

Dec 24, 2022
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“This is all the fruit of being in Christ though, isn't it? “

Yea being in Christ requires us to not reject what he’s saying

Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you.

As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15:2-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Our part is to be a disciple of the lord . When we say “I’m in Christ “ it means we’ve accepted his doctrine and e promises it holds like this one

If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:15-16, 21, 23-24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

See being in Christ means I accept what he’s teaching if I reject it im not in Christ

“Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:”
‭‭2 John‬ ‭1:9-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

so I agree yes it’s fruit of being in Christ , being in Christ means you have accepted the gospel ….and shall be saved . We can’t reject what God said will save us like repentance and then also expect to be saved in Christ means we’ve heard his word and believe it that’s what changes us and brings forth fruit of gods kingdom rather than fruits of sin

ashen we hear the gospel we can embrace it or not embrace it , we can reject it , we c an beer it and accept it and later decide it’s not worth it or greed might overcome us ect we have to abide in the gospel to be in Christ
We are the tree. The Spirit produces the fruit through us thanks to Jesus and our Father.

Well said, brother!

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
we c an beer it and accept it and later decide it’s not worth it or greed might overcome us ect we have to abide in the gospel to be in Christ
I can only handle a couple sips of beer, but I've never came to the point of deciding it's not worth it...
I firmly believe that we can have victory over specific sins, and that the degree and frequency of sin should diminish as one grows in Christ, but that final victory over all sins only comes with physical death.
I think that having victory, or conquering a specific sin, not so much as diminishing it to the point that it is nonexistent but rather overcoming it more readily each time that it no longer has power over you.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I think that having victory, or conquering a specific sin, not so much as diminishing it to the point that it is nonexistent but rather overcoming it more readily each time that it no longer has power over you.
Exactly. :)

SilverFox7

Dec 24, 2022
Grand Rapids, Michigan
I can only handle a couple sips of beer, but I've never came to the point of deciding it's not worth it...

Amen. And, as an "old-timer" Christian myself, we need to remain vigilant because sins we once overcame with God's help can rear their ugly heads again.

It is a lifetime struggle during this mortal existence. Can't wait for the new body, heart, and mind where sin will be purged out of our lives forever.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
We are the tree. The Spirit produces the fruit through us thanks to Jesus and our Father.

Well said, brother!
indeed the spirit produces the fruit

“It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭6:63‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Indeed the law of the spirit gives life and promises no condemnation

“For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:22, 24‬

“There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:1‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Indeed the truth sets men free

Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.”
‭‭John‬ ‭18:37‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Notice any common denominator ?

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15

But the enemy knows the truth too

for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.”

So what does he do ?

“For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭4:3-4‬ ‭

Have you ever noticed the parable of the four soils ? The word produces fruit the word of the gospel

“for the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel; which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭1:5-6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

We need to hear the truth spoken by the lord he was saying the whole time “ if you hear me and believe you will be saved “

Jesus came for this purpose ultimately

“I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”

When we begin to accept the truth of his word it has this effect

“in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; and that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭2:25-26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

He doesn’t want us to perish he wants us to be saved so he told us the truth and said “ believe and be saved “

“I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭13:5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

And so he sent the gospel to all people innorder that they don’t perish but come to repentance and be saved

“The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.”
‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭3:9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

if a person accepts the gospel it will change us at our core and bring us out of sin . But we continually reject the word and make reasons why we can keep sinning why we don’t have to repent and obey the lord why we’re all saved already ect it’s a blindfold

“But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: in whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭4:3-4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

We have to hear the gospel and believe it’s true

SilverFox7

Dec 24, 2022
Grand Rapids, Michigan
if a person accepts the gospel it will change us at our core and bring us out of sin . But we continually reject the word and make reasons why we can keep sinning why we don’t have to repent and obey the lord why we’re all saved already ect it’s a blindfold
Great ideas throughout this posting, Pilgrim! I'm curious how our spirit gets tied/meshed with the Holy Spirit as we take this "gospel" journey? Jesus describes the Spirit as our "Helper." To receive that help, I need to ask for it and yield to where that help leads--forgiveness, healing, and a changed life in Christ our Lord!