Is it wrong for cristians to be emo

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
I think it is ok to be emo in the way you dress as long as it is not affecting the way you think or behave in negative way. As long as it does not make you feel suicidal or feel as sad as the way you look. But music is a different story, it can influence you so your choice of music matters. Some music can make you feel depressed. Some can create a rebellious spirit, like some kind if drug that makes you feel good. Just be aware how a certain music makes you feel and avoid it if you think it is bad for you.

Mar 21, 2019
I think it is ok to be emo in the way you dress as long as it is not affecting the way you think or behave in negative way. As long as it does not make you feel suicidal or feel as sad as the way you look. But music is a different story, it can influence you so your choice of music matters. Some music can make you feel depressed. Some can create a rebellious spirit, like some kind if drug that makes you feel good. Just be aware how a certain music makes you feel and avoid it if you think it is bad for you.
Don't you believe that dressing in a certain way and wearing a sad expression can also make you feel depressed, or create a rebellious spirit, like some kind of drug? Just curious, is all.

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
Don't you believe that dressing in a certain way and wearing a sad expression can also make you feel depressed, or create a rebellious spirit, like some kind of drug? Just curious, is all.

Maybe but not as much as strong influence like music. The way you dress is a form of self expression. That's why I said it is ok as long as you remain a good kid and not be influenced by the way you dress. Teenagers are normally rebellious so they don't need any more encouragement to aggravate that rebellious spirit.

A

AuntieAnt

is it bad if ur a cristian and ur emo i love god but i also like being emo but god is still number one
So what do u think?
Hi, nice to meet you, sadiegillenwater. Welcome to CC.

You just confessed to the whole world that you love God. :love: That's all that matters.

Anyhow, the Lord is the one to change us inwardly, day by day into His image. Our outward person is of little concern. We're instructed not to recognize each other from outward appearances but by the spirit of God. In that regard, walking in the spirit of Jesus Christ with our eyes on Him, we're easily able to recognize our Christian brothers and sisters. :giggle:

II Corinthians 5:16 - "Therefore from now on we recognize no one according to the flesh; even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him in this way no longer. "

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
But don't you think it's likely that the particular emo you showed is the exception, not the rule? She seems so happy I'm even having doubts that she is truly emo. I mean, her hair isn't even shoe-polished, and although blue, it's in a respectable style. Perhaps she was emo once, but is recovering?

I always thought of Bruce Wayne as more Gothic than Emo. All those bats, and pointy bits on his mansion. Did I misjudge you, Bruce?
So despite being proven wrong your ego causes to you to persist. It's clear your idea of what emo is is flawed, so give it up.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
No. Mostly clothing represents what's inside, rather than dictates what's inside.
The same goes with sad expressions.
And I can say that confidently as one with nearly 30 years of depression and knowing many others with mental illness.
I've yet to meet anyone healthy and mentally balanced decide they wanted to walk around looking sad and acting depressed.
Rebellion is a choice, not something we fabricate through clothing and controls us.

Mar 21, 2019
So despite being proven wrong your ego causes to you to persist. It's clear your idea of what emo is is flawed, so give it up.
Here are some baby emos I downloaded from Google. You sound cranky, so I hope they cheer you up! :)

emos.jpg

No. Mostly clothing represents what's inside, rather than dictates what's inside.
The same goes with sad expressions.
And I can say that confidently as one with nearly 30 years of depression and knowing many others with mental illness.
I've yet to meet anyone healthy and mentally balanced decide they wanted to walk around looking sad and acting depressed.
Rebellion is a choice, not something we fabricate through clothing and controls us.
Did you ever think to consider that poor choice of attire and the use of shoe-polish as a substitute for shampoo has the capacity to give most mortals depression?

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Here are some baby emos I downloaded from Google. You sound cranky, so I hope they cheer you up! :)

View attachment 198612

Did you ever think to consider that poor choice of attire and the use of shoe-polish as a substitute for shampoo has the capacity to give most mortals depression?
Using lame humor doesn't hide that you're still wrong.

And, no. Why? Because... well... i already explained that and you still can't grasp such a simple concept. Or your ego prevents it possibly. Now move along ratboy.

Mar 21, 2019
Using lame humor doesn't hide that you're still wrong.
I don't think you've demonstrated that yet, but laughter is said to be the best medicine. Do you think the inability to laugh might be a contributor to the emo condition? I still think you're confusing emos with Goths. That photograph of the emo girl showed she was smiling quite prettily.

And, no. Why? Because... well... i already explained that and you still can't grasp such a simple concept. Or your ego prevents it possibly. Now move along ratboy.
None of your explanations included a picture. I can't help thinking that's possibly because you are wrong. But I do admire that you seem to be trying your best. :)

fizzyjoe

Oct 22, 2018
is it bad if ur a cristian and ur emo i love god but i also like being emo but god is still number one
So what do u think?
Well being a former emo goth sort of myself, I'd say it can be a bad mind set if you let it take hold, what matters most is not letting it become an obstacle in the way of serving God/Jesus, I still can get feeling that way myself but, I try not to stay in that mentality very long.

fizzyjoe

Oct 22, 2018
emo is people who are emotinal ware alot of black and the music genra
Yep I still remember those days, wearing black, thinking everyone was against me, listening to dark music, felt good, but, also got me to miss out on people.