Is it wrong for cristians to be emo

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 19, 2019
I found out what EMO is.

Emotional Modulating Opening

EMO's are just emotionally open ports (As in bio-chemical exchangers)

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
I found out what EMO is.

Emotions are not good mmkay?

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I found out what EMO is.

Apparently you didn't read the rest of the thread where it was already, correctly, explained.

lolo4

May 17, 2019
So I'm not trying to pick on the OP.
She asked a perfectly fine question.
And the issue is really a lot bigger than being an emo, it's about examining all the things we do that are NOT a terrible sin, but which just slow down our christian walk, and distract us, and waste our time.
This is an issue we all deal with... dropping things that slow us down, and waste our time and energy.
I agree!

I didn't know what an emo is either, but, I googled it...

and, I think, Sandiegillenwater, that it is wonderful that you are asking such a good question. When I was younger, even though I was learning how to be a Christian, I drank a lot of beer, and I hung out with non-Christians who were heavy drinkers. They were not bad people, but, when I decided to stop drinking completely, I faced anger and hostility from some of them.

Sometimes it is lonely to let go of activities that aren't bad, but not good either, and follow the narrow path.

I am still working on that! even though I am in my 60's.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I found out what EMO is.

What is flat affect in psychology?
Flat affect is having a lack of emotional expression. It is a symptom typically observed in people with schizophrenia, autism, depression or traumatic brain injury.
https://psychcentral.com/encyclopedia/flat-affect/

Thats the same as emo style or music!

It's wrong not to feel emotions.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
is it bad if ur a cristian and ur emo i love god but i also like being emo but god is still number one
So what do u think?
1. If 'emo' means self-absorbed, then it is the opposite of loving God.

2. If 'emo' means expressing emotions, that is perfectly fine. But there must always be a balance between emotions and clear thinking.

3. If 'emo' means imitating others (who may or may not be Christians) then that could be a serious problem.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
It's wrong for us not to feel emotions but it's equally wrong to let them take control of us. Addictions can caused by using artificial stimuli or drugs like alcohol to flatten our emotions also, bad.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
emo
music
"A terribly misconstrued and misused word. In contemporary culture it is utilized as a broad term to describe a multitude of children and teenagers who straighten their hair, have their hair in their face, perhaps dye it black, and wear tight clothing. Unfortunately this is completely inaccurate. Actual "emo" music existed in the late 80's and was a subgenre of hardcore punk rock, after all, "emo" is a shortening of "Emotional hardcore punk rock". The people in early emo bands dressed like regular people, everyday guys/girls who just played music that they enjoyed. Sadly, since the formulation and ongoing existence of Hot Topic, the term emo has been incorrectly characterized for a little more than a decade. You have to wonder how the original bands feel about the slandering and mass misunderstanding and misuse of their originality with those of the unoriginal."

Just sent to me by anonymous?

Mar 21, 2019
I don't know, what do emos's do?
This is what I got when I googled.

"Emos eat a simple diet of fruits, seeds, growing shoots of plants and insects. They swallow small stones (called gastroliths or gizzard stones) which stay in the gizzard and help grind up food. They require a large amount of water, drinking 9-18 litres daily."

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Are not emotions expressed in the fruit...peace and joy, for example? I think emotions are a gift. I'm still working on learning how to manage them with another fruit, self control. Sometimes, they run a muck. Boy oh boy emotions can get the best of us, but that is where He comes in to get us back on track. It helps to have God centered Brothers ans Sisters in Christ who genuinely care to be able to talk to. We should also be that for others, right? Ultimately our ultimate support is constant, the Holy Spirit. I think a heart full of gratitude helps too.

Seasons for everything. I am thankful for emotions, even the painful ones. Also, how cool is it that His strength is perfected in our weakness?

Feb 28, 2016
POIN,
yes, you are so right, He is the Author and Finisher of the 'emo' of LOVE'...