No. Leave me alone.
Okay....I'm sure you have a great perspective and story to tell. I won't bother you anymore.
I think LionEyes has been really really hurt by the patriarchy. :'(
I guess what I do not understand about your point of view is that you are grouping women in the same category as slaves. What I am reading is, "Women are no better than slaves so they should just submit". Also, when women are abused they are abused BECAUSE THEY ARE WHAT GOD CREATED THEM TO BE AND THAT IS WRONG! The disciples suffered for Christ. Women who are being abused, are not being abused because they are CHRISTIAN women, they are being abused because they are WOMEN.
I can understand submitting to abuse for Christ, but not for being a woman.
Nope, not even a littleMy point is that Christ tells us all to submit. Men, women, adult, child, strong, weak. We all submit to someone. When I go to work, I submit to my boss. I listen to what he says, I call him sir, I do what he asks me to when I disagree, and I get in trouble by him when I dont get my job done. What do you believe Gods will is? Should I make a big mess and fight with him, or should I just do my job with faith in God? God has made this answer clear.
Women arent the only people persecuted against btw. Everyday there are men who are abused, tortured and killed. God tells them to let it happen too. Christ was chained up, beaten, laughed at, spit on, scoffed at, scorned by people who claimed to follow Him, then killed in a very painful way, all so you can be free of your sins. Do you believe His will is to fight that bad things happen? Or endure in faith?
Thats what I mean by people making a big fuss of the problems they face. If you are a Christian, you should know what Christ went through for you, and allow it to happen to you as well. And not charge God that bad things happen to you, because He went through it all for you already.
God tells us He feels indignation everyday, from all of us.
Nope, not even a littleMy point is that Christ tells us all to submit. Men, women, adult, child, strong, weak. We all submit to someone. When I go to work, I submit to my boss. I listen to what he says, I call him sir, I do what he asks me to when I disagree, and I get in trouble by him when I dont get my job done. What do you believe Gods will is? Should I make a big mess and fight with him, or should I just do my job with faith in God? God has made this answer clear.
Women arent the only people persecuted against btw. Everyday there are men who are abused, tortured and killed. God tells them to let it happen too. Christ was chained up, beaten, laughed at, spit on, scoffed at, scorned by people who claimed to follow Him, then killed in a very painful way, all so you can be free of your sins. Do you believe His will is to fight that bad things happen? Or endure in faith?
Thats what I mean by people making a big fuss of the problems they face. If you are a Christian, you should know what Christ went through for you, and allow it to happen to you as well. And not charge God that bad things happen to you, because He went through it all for you already.
God tells us He feels indignation everyday, from all of us.
"Equality" means equal rights. Lifting weights or ability to get knocked up has nothing to do with it.
Did you honestly think that when human rights activists rail against injustices and inequality, they really only want to be able to lift weights like the men folk? No. Just ... No. *sigh*
Maybe he wasn't that wrong when associating feminism with...muscles. After all, the most famous propagandistic feminist poster is the one with a woman showing her big strong biceps and saying "We can do it" or "Long live the pill!" (Vive la pilule!) etc.
This poster alone and the slogans that accompany it show that, at least on a subconscious level, women want to be more like men and less like women - even (if not especially!) from the physical point of view.
It seems like the only purpose of the woman's body (the way she is constructed) is to achieve pregnancy. I am not surprised that women are upset about this truth. I mean, what woman had never said in her life "period, cramps, just give me a break, will ya?". But, period and cramps are the least of "bad" things that can happen to a woman. The worse thing that can happen to a woman is to get pregnant outside of marriage. Of course, today society is more civilized and they no longer shun the poor woman like they did before, but still, she will look like a fool if the father doesn't claim the child. You see? The discrimination comes from the bodies, the nature, God Himself who (in His wisdom) created us like this. A woman and a man equally partake into the same sin and yet, the sin is obvious only into the woman's body. And people (used to) mock her, laugh at her, call her "easy", stupid, fooled, unchaste etc. etc. And what happens to the man who left her pregnant? Nothing! Nothing.
So, women got fed up of being treated like this and said "enough is enough!". So, they claim the same rights as men. The right to act childish and irresponsible from time to time (just like men do) without being condemned for it (or support long-life consequences).
I wouldn't say women want to act childish like men. I think they just want to stop being treated like objects.
...and I told him that a lot of women have lost their will due to manipulation by men.
Relationships are a tricky thing and it is my opinion that in bad ones....both parties are co-conspiritors in ignorance. I know it sounds harsh and you might ask....how could someone who is abused be part of the problem.
It's not just manipulation either. An abused person is most likely to be killed by an abusive spouse when they try to leave. Fear can be just as much a prison as steel bars and locked doors.
Abuse is not a relationship problem; it's a deliberate choice by one party, and that party takes full responsibility for that choice. It's no different from the decision to commit any other crime. If you see a rich person walking down a seedy alleyway in a bad neighborhood, you are still making a conscious decision to mug them and you take full responsibility for that decision.
Would you choose to have a relationship with someone who mugs people...or that you know to be violent? Seems like it happens all the time.
Excuse me, Sir. You just missed the train to Pointsville. The next one will be arriving shortly.
Furthermore, a relationship doesn't start out as abusive. Abusers are rarely controlling and violent in the beginning stages of the relationship. The psychopathic variety are especially adept at this due to their manipulative and cunning nature. I've talked to quite a few psychopaths who were either married or in long-term relationships, and they treat it like a game. They will gleefully tell you that they are the perfect gentlemen in the early stages of the game, and how this is nothing more than a clever deceit used to ensnare their target. They even use the word "target". Abusers only become violent and controlling when their victim can't escape so easily; i.e. when they've already isolated their victim from any sort of support system and when they've taken control of all of the funds.
Muggers operate in a similar fashion. They single out people who are most vulnerable to attack, such as people who are not paying attention to their surroundings while walking alone in an unpopulated area.
Also, JFSurvivor, I am not sure I agree that in a patriarchal culture women are treated like objects. Women have been assigned with certain "duties" but I think it is exaggerated to believe or say that men treated them like objects. It is rather today that man treat them like objects (because they are encouraged to do so by women themselves!).