is jesus Adam ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
His eternality is quite well expressed in Greek and in NIV:

"So it is written: "The first man Adam became a living being"; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit." NIV

No word "made" is there.
I understand what you are saying, but don't agree with your interpretation of "made" being wrong in that instance. Still, I remade the graphic for you :)

[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Yeah, nature is a better word than origin.

But "Jesus is made sin for us" is neither about His nature nor about His origin, so, its a very different context.
It would still be correct to say it is about roles as opposed to origins :)

Apr 15, 2017
Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

The first Adam.

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

The second Adam.

1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

The first Adam is made of the dust of the earth,and the second Adam,Jesus,born of a virgin,is God manifest in the flesh,which means that God manifest all His attributes to the man Christ Jesus,and the Spirit in Christ is still connected to the omnipresent Spirit of God for He cannot be separated,and the man Christ Jesus the personal human body of God,which He laid down His life for us,and purchased the Church with His own blood.

Jesus is not Adam that was in the garden of Eden with Eve,but He is the second Adam,which He is referred to as Adam for both Adam and Jesus had an innocent nature in flesh,but Adam was made a living soul,made of the the earth,and sinned,but Jesus is God manifest in flesh,the Lord from heaven,conceived by the Holy Spirit,and was incapable of sinning,and won back what Adam lost,a proper relationship with God.

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

The first Adam.

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

The second Adam.

1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

The first Adam is made of the dust of the earth,and the second Adam,Jesus,born of a virgin,is God manifest in the flesh,which means that God manifest all His attributes to the man Christ Jesus,and the Spirit in Christ is still connected to the omnipresent Spirit of God for He cannot be separated,and the man Christ Jesus the personal human body of God,which He laid down His life for us,and purchased the Church with His own blood.

Jesus is not Adam that was in the garden of Eden with Eve,but He is the second Adam,which He is referred to as Adam for both Adam and Jesus had an innocent nature in flesh,but Adam was made a living soul,made of the the earth,and sinned,but Jesus is God manifest in flesh,the Lord from heaven,conceived by the Holy Spirit,and was incapable of sinning,and won back what Adam lost,a proper relationship with God.
I want to add that the word "Adam/admah" simply means man. It is the name of the first man, but it means man.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
WHat do you know that would make you ask a question like that?
do you know "reincarnation" ? I wonder what kind of such theory comes from . and I heard vioce from my ears ,that told me "adam is the god " so I also wonder "is jesus adam" ,maybe I mix the reincarnation theoy with Almighty god, if god is Almighty ,why not reincarnation........so i asked "is jesus adam"

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
do you know "reincarnation" ? I wonder what kind of such theory comes from . and I heard vioce from my ears ,that told me "adam is the god " so I also wonder "is jesus adam" ,maybe I mix the reincarnation theoy with Almighty god, if god is Almighty ,why not reincarnation........so i asked "is jesus adam"
Reincarnation is not a part of Christianity.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
Reincarnation is not a part of Christianity.
we from this life into Eternal life,to me ,that's sort of Reincarnation , Christianity call it bron again . do u really care different name ?

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
we from this life into Eternal life,to me ,that's sort of Reincarnation , Christianity call it bron again . do u really care different name ?
Incarnation means "into a body". Reincarnation means "into a body again".

Christian term "to be born again" is not related to a body. Its a spiritual thing.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
Incarnation means "into a body". Reincarnation means "into a body again".

Christian term "to be born again" is not related to a body. Its a spiritual thing.
do you think god is Almighty ? to me ,ofc.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
How is this related to reincarnation.
maybe different understanding of Almighty god , maybe [FONT=微软雅黑]Usually understood[/FONT] was [FONT=微软雅黑]mistake understanding about reincarnation , never mind.

[/FONT]

DustyRhodes

Dec 30, 2016
Jesus is not Adam. However what Adam Lost, Jesus restored.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
No. Maybe you're referring to Jesus being called a spiritual Adam in 1st Corinthians 15:45-47? They are not the same. One is a created man. The other is the Creator.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
When Jesus would refer to Himself as the Son of Man, it is the same as saying BenAdam in Hebrew, the Son of Adam.

Adm is used to say mankind, earth and more, so Jesus is also the Son of the Earth. as are we all , for from dust we come and to dust we will return.

The root of Adam in Hebrew is also the same used to say red and blood both ar dam.. If you say it two times it means dark red or bloody...........a curious but interesting language it is, amen.

T

theanointedsinner

Adam was tainted by sin
Jesus is perfect,
God bless

Apr 15, 2017
I would look at it as the name Adam means to represent the human race, which the first Adam failed at that, but the last Adam, Jesus, succeeded at that, and reconciled the world back to God that the first Adam lost.

But Jesus is not the first Adam, for the first Adam was made a living soul, and Jesus was made a quickening spirit.

The first Adam is a human such as us, and Jesus is God manifest in the flesh, which He is the only begotten Son of God, which means He was the only one to be conceived by the Spirit, where all others were born only to mother and father.

The first Adam is from the earth, earthy, and Jesus is the Lord from heaven, and Jesus is God Himself showing a visible image of Himself, which no other human can be like that, which they can have the Spirit but not in the same capacity as Jesus, for He has the Spirit without measure, and it pleased the Father that in Him all fulness should dwell, and He is the fulness of the Godhead bodily, where a saint only has partial attributes, and in the image of God, but Jesus is the express image of God, the exact image of God.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
It is not written He IS Adam, there is a reference to the second.......Adam means mankind, dust, earth......and more.

P

pjharrison

When Jesus would refer to Himself as the Son of Man, it is the same as saying BenAdam in Hebrew, the Son of Adam.

Adm is used to say mankind, earth and more, so Jesus is also the Son of the Earth. as are we all , for from dust we come and to dust we will return.

The root of Adam in Hebrew is also the same used to say red and blood both ar dam.. If you say it two times it means dark red or bloody...........a curious but interesting language it is, amen.
Jesus was not the son of Adam. That is the seed of man. He was not the seed of Adam. If he was, he would not have been worthy to died for the sins of mankind. He was called the son of man because he was God and he came of the birth of a virgin and was made flesh, and walk on the earth as a man. He walked as a man, yet he was still God.