Is Jesus God the Father, in human form? Or is He something/someone else?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Do you believe Jesus is God in human form?

• Total voters
Mar 28, 2016
This is almost heretical.

"Father" and "Son" are not attributes of God.

Almost. Or at least not according to your undersatanding.

God who is not a man does not have offspring .

Jul 2, 2019
Is Jesus God the Father, in human form? Or is He something/ someone else?

Some say Jesus Christ was just a man, or maybe a great teacher. But He was and is much more than that. The Bible says Jesus is unique in both His person and His purpose. He wasn’t just some spiritual individual during His time on earth; He was both God’s Son(John 3:16) and God Himself—God in human flesh (I Timothy 3:16). Yes, He was fully man, but He was also fully God (Colossians 2:9).
Jesus claimed to be God. It might be hard to understand how this could be true, but it’s important to remember that God is much bigger and more powerful than we can comprehend. We do know that Jesus said He existed before Abraham (John 8:58). He claimed that He and His Father are one (John 10:30), and that He is equal with the Father (John 5:17-18).
Not only did He claim to be God, but He also claimed to have the power of God. He said He has the authority to judge the nations (Matthew 25:31-46). He claims the authority to raise people from the dead (John 5:25-29) and to forgive sins (Mark 2:5-7)—things only God can do (I Samuel 2:6; Isaiah 43:25).

Further, Jesus says He has the power to answer prayers (John 14:13-14), and that He will be with His followers always (Matthew 28:20). The New Testament equates Jesus to the creator of the universe (John 1:3), and in John 16:15, He says, “All that belongs to the Father is mine.”
I hope you understand something, and if you have any questions or want to know anything else, you can ask!

tantalon

Oct 11, 2019
Okay.

I believe there is only ONE GOD. Therefore, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit ARE God the Father. If not you have more than ONE GOD!!!! And that is a PROBLEM!!!!

tantalon

Oct 11, 2019
There is only ONE God. He expresses Himself through His will (Father), His words (Son) and His character of Holiness( Spirit). We too are a "trinity"( although not a holy one). For example my will makes the choices, my words can bring them about, and my spirit or character determines their worth. One day each of us will stand before God and give an account of ourselves by our WORDS. Our responsibility for them, comes from our will, our will is framed from our spirit and the fruits thereof. So, who is Jesus? John 1: 1 and verse 14, tell us Jesus is the word(s) OF God placed into a flesh form by the will and Spirit of God and dwelt among us.