Is Jesus returning soon?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
At church there has been alot of preaching that jesus is coming back soon. I know that this has been preached for many many years now but alot of people are convinced that the time is very short. What do you think?

Dec 12, 2013
At church there has been alot of preaching that jesus is coming back soon. I know that this has been preached for many many years now but alot of people are convinced that the time is very short. What do you think?
Jesus will come when it is time for him to come for sure.....My view is that time is running out, but I fully believe post Great Tribulation Pre-Wrath ingathering........so...when i say time is running out I mean that it seems we are very near the time frame when the world spirals out of control and the events of the Great Tribulation kick off......and Like JESUS said...If he does not come when he comes, NO FLESH will be left alive.....

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Jesus will come when it is time for him to come for sure.....My view is that time is running out, but I fully believe post Great Tribulation Pre-Wrath ingathering........so...when i say time is running out I mean that it seems we are very near the time frame when the world spirals out of control and the events of the Great Tribulation kick off......and Like JESUS said...If he does not come when he comes, NO FLESH will be left alive.....
Turn on CNN and we see the spirit of iniquity and lawlessness on display.
The final push is indeed on in a big way.

Dec 12, 2013
Turn on CNN and we see the spirit of iniquity and lawlessness on display.
The final push is indeed on in a big way.
Fully agree...............humanity is imploding and about to explode........it is all about to come crashing down........soon..........and you know what.....4 things KILL tribulation saints.....and most are staring up at the sky oblivious.....

soberxp

May 3, 2018
pls read my post at http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/166353-nomatter-what-u-believe-me-not.html

oh,and first read this blow

Mark
13:26
"At that time men will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory.

13:27
And he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens.

13:28
"Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near.

13:29
Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that it is near, right at the door.

13:30
I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

13:31
Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

13:32
"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

13:33
Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come.

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
i hope so.

Lord says its the evil servant who says my Lord delays.

but that was 1st century. now we are 21st century, can we say yet the Lord delays? :giggle:
i dare not say it.

but many are being extremely impatient.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
One thing I like to keep in mind about the world descending into chaos is that news agencies tend to focus on stories of violence and crime.

A story about a murder somewhere is good for ratings. Reporting that violent crime has been in decline for years it's not so exciting.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
Fully agree...............humanity is imploding and about to explode........it is all about to come crashing down........soon..........and you know what.....4 things KILL tribulation saints.....and most are staring up at the sky oblivious.....
most are staring up at the sky oblivious.....
i hope so

Oct 12, 2012
The short answer Ruby is NO! That is not to say, you might not die today! Right??

So we live and die in Christ Jesus each day, and do the next right thing the best we know how! 🔥🙏🧐

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
pls read my post at http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/166353-nomatter-what-u-believe-me-not.html

oh,and first read this blow

Mark
13:26
"At that time men will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory.

13:27
And he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens.

13:28
"Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near.

13:29
Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that it is near, right at the door.

13:30
I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

13:31
Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

13:32
"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

13:33
Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come.
I agree that these scriptures are soon to be fulfilled, and I believe that Mark 13:28 is a sign that the return of the Lord could be in springtime or summer depending on the area of the world. In a prophetic dream in the late 1980's, Jesus appeared in the sky, His Divine Presence commanding all to face Him. The dream was not set in winter, depending on where I was, and I faced martyrdom in another vivid dream, that seemed to be associated with a supernatural event such as the rapture, that was not during northern winter.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
We don't know the day or hour when Jesus returns but we can know the season when this is going to take place. Soon, or very short are relative terms but I do believe that Jesus may be returning in my life time and probably most certainly in yours. It says it the bible to learn the parable of the fig tree to know when the season for the return of Jesus. This is referring to Israel, which, became a nation again in 1948 with Israelites returning home from all over the world. At this point not even Jesus knows the exact time of His return but only the Father knows. He will be telling his Son to saddle up soon in very short time.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
i hope so.

Lord says its the evil servant who says my Lord delays.

but that was 1st century. now we are 21st century, can we say yet the Lord delays? :giggle:
i dare not say it.

but many are being extremely impatient.
Scripture says the even though the Lord may tarry He will not be late. It is God's will and desire that all receive the salvation that is provided by the shed blood of Jesus on the cross for our sins. The longer He waits the more that can possibly be saved so the apparent delay is not an altogether bad thing and is probably for our benefit and ultimately for the glory of God. Even so, I do hope that Jesus returns sooner rather than later.

G

GtrPkr

The reason so many are now focused on Christ's return is because there has never before been a time when all Biblical end-time prophecy has been so easily interpreted. The irony is that the Bible also predicted that in these days many will scoff and disregard prophecy as coincidence. Knowledge has increased ten fold, the entire world is financially enslaved, we perform miracles in the name of science and technology, morality has been replaced by political correctness, law has overwritten the whole concept of sin, and lawless rebellion abounds on a world wide scale.... How much further can we possibly turn away from God?

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
The 7 Feasts (Appointed Times) of the Lord (Lev 23) represent God's Timeline for the Ages. These shadows are understood to be a "rehearsal" or "recital". The Feasts were planned, written & fixed. Before the sun, moon & heavens were set as acting witness's to God plan (Gen 1:14).

Is there not an appointed time to man upon earth?" (Job 7:10)

Paul tells us in Colossians 2:17 that all of these special days have been appointed by God to reveal the Messiah/Christ Jesus to the world as part of God’s great plan for His creation.

The 7 Feasts of the Lord
1) Passover, 2) Unleavened Bread, 3) Firstfruits, 4) Pentesost, 5) Rosh Hashanah 6) Yom Kippur 7) Tabernacles

"These Feasts (Appointed Times) are a shadow" of the things that were to come. The reality, however, is found in the Lord Jesus Christ

Deut 16:16: Three mandatory Pilgrimage "HARVEST Feasts" =
Passover, Pentecost & Tabernacles! Three HARVEST festivals. Soul HARVEST shadows!

1 Passover: Barley "HARVEST" (Matthew 27:52). Firstfruits Soul HARVEST. This one has already happened!

2 Pentecost Wheat "HARVEST" the Main/Largest. The only Harvest where a count down (Omer) is made. Could the Body of Christ/Church be "HARVESTED" this Pentecost? June 9, 2019. I pray yes!

3 Tabernacles Fruits "HARVEST" (Ex 23) Final ingathering Soul HARVEST!

Shavout (Hebrew), Pentecost (Greek) begins at sundown June 8 & ends at nightfall on June 10.

At the 1st Pentecost on Mt Sinai (Ex 19), when Moses gave the Law. God sealed a COVENANT with the Israelites. Marking them his own set-apart people.

Temple Mt on the 1st Pentecost post resurrection. (Acts 2) God sealed a New Covenant, opened to all peoples. "Believers were filled/sealed with the Holy Spirit. References of the Holy Spirit as a seal: 2 Cor 1:22, Eph 1:13-14, Eph 4:30, 2 Tim 1:14, 2 Cor 5:5.

The observance of Pentecost (Greek) Acts 2:1. Shavuot (Hebrew) Festival of "Harvest" (Ex 23:16), Festival of Weeks (Ex 34;22 Lev 23:15-22, Deut 16:16, 2 Chron 8:13, Num 28:26)

Scriptural background, making a case for Pentecost. The Catching-up (Rapture)

1st Pentecost - Ex 19:1 the 3rd month, when the children of Israel were gone forth out of the land of Egypt, the same day came they into the wilderness of Sinai.

1st post resurrection Pentecost - Acts 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

Ex 19:16 (b) There were thunders and lightnings, and a thick cloud upon the mount,
Acts 2:2 suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind & it filled all the house where they were sitting

Ex 19:19 (c) "the voice of the trumpet exceeding loud"
1 Thes 4:16 (B) "the voice of the archangel, and with the trump" of God:

Hos 6:2 (B) In the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.
(NOTE: We're early/19 yrs into thr 3rd day)
Ex 19:16 (A) it came to pass on the 3rd day in the morning

Ex 19:20 (A) And "the LORD came down" upon mount Sinai,
1 Thes 4:16 (A) For the "Lord himself shall descend" from heaven with a shout,

Ex 19:20 (B) The LORD "called Moses up" to the top of the mount; and Moses went up.
1 Thes 1:17 Then we which are alive and remain "shall be caught up" together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:

Ex 19:6 (A) And "ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests", and an holy nation.
Rev 1:6 (A) And "hath made us (His Church) kings and priests" unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

More Pentacost shadows

BOOK OF RUTH
For 3500 yrs the Book of Ruth has been read every Pentecost. The story of Boaz a Kinsman Redeemer. A shadow of Christ & his Bride/Church. Boaz a wealthy landowner of the tribe of Judah. Takes Ruth, a gentile for his wife.

Ruth 3:9 And he said, Who art thou? And she answered, I am Ruth thine handmaid: ""spread therefore thy skirt over thine handmaid"" for thou art a near kinsman.

(NOTE: Spread therefore thy skirt (TALITH) over thine hand maid: This verse is a marriage proposal. When a Jewish man married a woman, he threw the end of his his skirt (TALITH) over her head, covering her, to signify that she was now under his covering/protection. When we say yes to Christ, he seals us with his Holy Spirit of covering/protection)

Rabbinic traditions:

DECORATING THE BRIDE:

Another shadow on Pentecost: A time spent tradition called ""decorating the bride"". (The Church is the Bride of Christ) Jews stayed up all night studying Scripture. In the hope that they will receive a special blessing. They believe that God will favorably answer prayer by briefly opening up the heavens and supply a blessing. Sounds like Thess 4:16 to me! Christ is coming soon for his Bride/Church.

JUDGMENT OF THE FRUIT OF THE TREES:

There is a belief in Jewish tradition that trees are judged by God. A shadow of the Judgment Seat (Bema) of Christ.

Paul gives a picture of the Judgment Seat (Bema) of Christ. 2 Cor 5:10. The fruit of one’s works will be judged & rewarded. No judgment for sin here, Christ was judged & paid for ALL the believers sins on the cross. (Col 1:14 & Rom 4:7)

More resons I believe SOON very SOON!
Luke 13:
6 Jesus spake this parable; God planted a fig tree (Israel) in his vineyard (The Earth); and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none.

7 (God) said unto the dresser of his vineyard (Jesus), Behold, three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree (Israel), and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground?

Matt 24:
32 “From the fig tree (Israel) learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender (Reborn) and puts out its leaves (Jerusalem), you know that summer (2nd Advent) is near.

33 So also, when you see all these things, you know that he (Christ) is near, at the very gates.

34 Verily I say unto you, This """generation""" shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled
Luke 21:
29 And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree (Israel), and the leaves (Jerusalam);

30 When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.

31 when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.

32 Verily I say unto you, This """generation""" shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. (Luke 21:29-32)

The time clock for this """generation""" began In 1948 when after 2000 years. The Nation of Israel/fig tree was reborn!

The question now becomes. How long is a """generation"""?

The answer is found in Psalms 90:10 = 70 - 80 Years. You do the math!

This post was a fun study for me & is MY OPINION ONLY!

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
The short answer Ruby is NO! That is not to say, you might not die today! Right??

So we live and die in Christ Jesus each day, and do the next right thing the best we know how! 🔥🙏🧐
The Scripturally supported and correct answer is YES. The 2000 years since the ascension is a mere blink of an eye taken in perspective.

Apr 15, 2017
Jesus is soon to return.

God will give the world 7 years to have their way, and cause all people who do not love Him to follow a kingdom in the future in Revelation 13, and when they do the saints, and the world will be separated, and there will be no in between, for all who do not love God will follow that kingdom, and all the rest will be with God, and the saints will be gathered unto Christ, and God will end this sin business on earth.

So advanced technology, and advanced travel, has to be a part of the world's ways for this to happen, for that is what will bring the world together to rebel against God, and it is here now.

Daniel was told of the end time, but did not understand, but was told the book was sealed until the end time, for they will understand at that time, for many shall run to and fro, advanced travel, and knowledge shall be increased, advanced technology, which because of that the saints can see, hear, and know what is going on in the earth, and how it is possible for them to come together.

Paul said it is close to Jesus coming back when the nations come together as one and say Peace and safety, and try to establish peace on earth, which it is possible for them to come together for they know of each other, and can communicate, and travel to each other, and many people wanting the nations to come together, and organizations for the harmony of religions, and harmony of nations, and United Nations to try to get the nations to harmonize, and America wanting the nations to harmonize.

The Bible warns us of the new age movement that will pave the way to the beast kingdom where they rebel against God, which will happen at the latter times, the last days of the last days, and the new age movement has a false interpretation of the Bible that will deceive the world.

The Bible tells us of the last generation before Jesus takes over the earth, that the children will not obey their parents, they will be highly selfish, and highly arrogant, and be aggressive towards each other, and they will devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from among men, which they will heap money to themselves all in an attempt to exalt themselves.

Which we see this today, and there is no way that people can devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from among men, unless they have access to be able to heap and heap money to themselves in large quantities.

Which can only happen today with technology that caused money to flow like a raging river, and people can reach out in the world to try to make money, and get money to heap to themselves, for they have access to a larger area, and more people, which many people are millionaires, billionaires, and they are still heaping and heaping money to themselves, for it is never enough, which this could of never happened before technology, maybe for kings, and royalty, but not for people in general as it is today.

Which the love of money is the root of all evil, for it neglects the poor and needy, and love is the fulfilling of the law.

God said in the day of His preparation, which is close to Jesus coming back, the chariots shall be with flaming torches, and the fir trees shall be terribly shaken.
The chariots shall rage in the streets, they shall justle one against another in the broad ways: they shall seem like torches, they shall run like the lightnings.

This is obviously speaking of automobiles, the form of transportation that will occur at that time, which Nahum did not know to call them automobiles, but was familiar with the term chariot as a form of transportation.

It is close to Jesus coming back because the world knows about each other, can communicate with each other, can travel to each other, there is organizations for the harmonizing of religions, United Nations for the harmonizing of nation, and much people promoting such, and with the problems on earth they will decide one day to come together as one to try to establish peace on earth, and will end up rebelling against God.

And nations are cooperating with each other more than people realize, and controlled conflict brings about controlled change, for they want the problems, so the world will have to come together to stop the problems for there to be peace on earth.

When there is a peace agreement in the Middle East, the Gentile nations will come together as one, and the 7 years period will begin, which they have been trying to get them to have peace for years, and Trump is pushing it more than any other president.

It appears as if the Middle East peace treaty is an obstacle for all nations to come together, for they want all nations to come together for they do not believe the New Age Christ will appear to cause them to evolve to be greater, and spiritual, until the nations first agree to come together as one to try to establish peace on earth.

So they are working on trying to get the nations to come together, which they will rebel against God believing that truth, and reality, is evolution, and they can still evolve, and Jesus is not Lord and Savior, and honor the God of forces, or the power of nature as their higher power.

Which they will try to convince the world that the Bible is not what has been taught for years of a personal God that created everything, but it is based on the occult, and evolution, and Jesus is not Lord and Savior, but a good teacher, which the Christ conscience came upon, and he evolved to be an ascended master, and avatar, and in the future all who follow the New Age Christ will be the same.

Which when the 7 years period starts it will be the time the world will not endure the way the Bible has been taught for years, not endure the truth, but will believe it according to their own lusts, the new age movement, evolution to be greater, and spiritual, by the power of nature.

For they believe in evolution, and believe people can still evolve, which is why they rebel against God believing in no personal God, but evolution.

Which this will cause all religions to embrace the Bible, and Christianity, Islam, and Judaism interpreted by the new age movement, and all other beliefs of religion other than the new age movement will not be tolerated, and is not truth, and reality, and they are disrupting the peace process they have going on.

Jesus is soon to come back for it is possible for the nations to come together as one, and the plan of the powers to be are trying to make it happen, for they want the nations to come together to produce the New Age Christ.

P

pottersclay

The time between his first coming and his second coming may seem long but it demonstrates the patients of God.
He desires that none shall parish but unfortunately that will not be the case.
I consider it a blessing to watch prophecy unfold as I watch the signs of the times. It gives me reassurance that what has been told to me is the truth.
Those that say the Lord tarries need to have a heart check, as we are to be about our fathers business.
What a beautiful sight it would be if one would say "Lord give one more moment so that I might check here for your lost".
Although the persecutions of our fellow saints in the east troubles my heart I know there fate is sealed and they shall be in glory.
But also knowing that when our king returns the clock has stopped and those that are not in Christ are dammed for all eternity.
The return of our king of Kings shall be spectacular to say the least but for all who had denied him God's will be done.

Come Lord Jesus come.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Last couple verses in the Bible answer your question and say He is coming soon:
Revelation 22:20-21 New King James Version (NKJV)
I Am Coming Quickly
20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.”

Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be [a]with you all. Amen.