IS MAN TOTALLY DEPRAVED?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

7seasrekeyed

That's right!!

SPURGEON QUOTE
You cannot vanquish a Calvinist

.You may think you can, but you cannot. The stones of the great doctrines so fit into each other that the more pressure there is applied to remove them, the more strenuously do they adhere. And you may mark that you cannot receive one of these doctrines without believing all.

quite an imagination you have going on

you may mark I don't care

Calvin never saved anyone

Only the blood of Christ saves and He has me covered since the age of 5

Dec 9, 2011
Creation itself tells man there is a Creator
2nd chapter of Romans is about the moralist man
The scriptures don't contradict each other and GOD Is not the author of confusion.

By the way do you believe that man can say yes or no by his conscience?

K

kaylagrl

What do you suggest God does with them instead?

How can they be saved without hearing the Gospel?

I have many missionary friends. One told me a story that a missionary he knew went to an unreached town. They had not heard the Gospel,they had no Bible,they were so remote they lived in huts. No outside contact. When he came to the people they were so happy to see him. They told him they been given dreams of a man named Jesus and that someone was coming that would teach them more. Don't put God in a box brother. That remote town was saved thanks to a man willing to go and God preparing the way before him.

7seasrekeyed

The entire 'free will' theory is based on man being ABLE to receive the gospel of salvation.
The entire 'sovereign grace' doctrine is based on the sovereignty of God.

Bible says the Holy Spirit quickens man to belief............quicken.......to make alive that which was dead, bring to life.
1 Peter 1:3 says that God has CAUSED us to be born again.

The apostles asked who can be saved? Jesus said....with MAN this is IMPOSSIBLE, but with GOD all things are possible.
sounds like you are trying to say the Holy Spirit does work He does not do until one is saved, PRIOR to salvation

the Holy Spirit convicts of sin and He quickens the believer

cart before the horse there lady

K

kaylagrl

14 But how can they call on Him they have not believed in? And how can they believe without hearing about Him? And how can they hear without a preacher? 15 And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: How beautiful are the feet of those who announce the gospel of good things! 16 But all did not obey the gospel. For Isaiah says, Lord, who has believed our message? 17 So faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes through the message about Christ.(Romans 10 HCSB)

People in remote areas who died without hearing about Jesus died lost my friend. Seeing that we are justified by faith(Romans 5:1) and this faith comes through hearing the message about Christ, they died without this faith, which is very necessary in salvation.
Please read the story I shared with my brother about the missionary friend I knew.

K

kaylagrl

That's true but I think If common sense Is our goal then at least let's err on the side of common sense.A new member Is not going to know the site that well that they would do all that.I don't want to go back and forth on that Issue,I know anger Is pulling pride up to the surface making truth look undesirable.
No anger here. Free forum,people can post what they like. I can question why. No big deal here. It's all good.

7seasrekeyed

Well that was Christlike. We must have a million threads on this topic. It ends in a mess every time. I'm surprised they even let it be discussed here anymore. Nothing you can say that hasn't already been said. So I don't understand why its brought up again and again. Futile argument. But there seems to be a lack of common sense around here so by all means continue. Enjoy the bloodbath.

well, the tulip avatar is forewarned, forearmed :ROFL:

K

kaylagrl

Not nice.......do I make fun of YOUR religion?
I find your posts very strange.
I assumed he agrees with you. Considering his answer to my post. I think you're guilty of friendly fire here.

7seasrekeyed

She/he seems very angry and I don't quite understand why. But I am warned now. I'll watch my step.
I don't know why either

we have friendly Calvinists here also

I'm neither Calvinist nor any other ist

I simply try to follow Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit which, I think, is actually the way prescribed by Jesus Himself?

K

kaylagrl

They seem very angry and I don't quite understand why. But I am warned now. I'll watch my step.
I don't know why either

we have friendly Calvinists here also

I'm neither Calvinist nor any other ist

I simply try to follow Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit which, I think, is actually the way prescribed by Jesus Himself?
Right,I think sometimes we get too tied down with labels. Follow the Bible and you'll never go wrong.

Dec 9, 2011
Joshua 24:15
King James Version

15And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
+++
Hebrews 5:14
King James Version

14But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
I have many missionary friends. One told me a story that a missionary he knew went to an unreached town. They had not heard the Gospel,they had no Bible,they were so remote they lived in huts. No outside contact. When he came to the people they were so happy to see him. They told him they been given dreams of a man named Jesus and that someone was coming that would teach them more. Don't put God in a box brother. That remote town was saved thanks to a man willing to go and God preparing the way before him.
i dont put God in a box! I have heard of similar stories.

Here is what I believe:

The CORNELIUS PRINCIPLE. Cornelius was worshiping God and his prayers were heard BUT he wasnt saved yet. But God already working in him, sent Peter to preach the gospel to him.

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Soul Winning Scripture's:

If salvation is decided before or at birth. What's the point of soul winning scriptures?

Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.
(NOTE: He that win's soul's — he that take's, or catch's souls)

Daniel 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
(NOTE: "They" that turn many to righteousness. Will receive an everlasting position)

John 17:20 Jesus said; Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word
(NOTE: Jesus prayed to the Father, that people would believe on Christ. Thru the words spoken by His disciples)

1 Corinthians 9:
19 Paul said, For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.
(NOTE: I for the gospel’s sake. That I might by all means, Gain more = save/lead/win souls to Christ)

20 Paul said, And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
(NOTE: I for the gospel’s sake. That I might by all means, Gain/save/lead/win some Jewish souls to Christ)

22 Paul said, I am made all things to all men, that I might save some.
(NOTE: Lead/saved/won some souls to Christ)

1 Corinthians 10:33 but the profit of many that they might be saved.
(NOTE: Win/lead/save many souls to Christ)

1 Cor 4:15 Paul said, for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you.
(NOTE: Paul won/begot, lead them to their spiritual birth in Christ)

John 4:36 And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together.
(NOTE: The soul gather's fruit = souls. He received a wage, for leading others to life eternal's path)

Romans 10:
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
(NOTE:If man has no influence on anothers salvation. Why do we need preachers?)

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
(NOTE: God sees gospels Preachers as beautiful. Yet some CC posters repeatedly claim. Man has no influence on anothers soul)

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
(NOTE: Faith comes by hearing. And God sees gospel Preachers as beautiful.)

James 5:20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.
(NOTE: He that converteth/leads the sinner to God thru Christ. Save's a soul from death)

Acts 16:
30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
(NOTE: The jailer asked men, not God? What must I do to be saved?)

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
(NOTE: Men, not God, told the jailer. How to find God and how to save his soul)

Philemon 10 I beseech thee for my son Onesimus, whom I have begotten in my bonds:
(NOTE: Paul say's he begott Philemon. Plain english: Paul told/lead Philemon, to Gods Grace & Faith found in Jesus Sin Atoning Death, Burial & Resurrection. Whereby Philemons soul was saved)

1 Timothy 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.
(NOTE: Paul calls Timothy his son IN THE FAITH! Paul told Timothy about Jesus leading Timothy to Gods Grace & Faith found in Jesus Sin Atoning Death, Burial & Resurrection. Whereby Timothys soul was saved)

Matthew 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
(NOTE: Jesus places more value on a persons soul. Then all the riches the world has to offer)

John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
(NOTE: The greatest work any believer can do. Is lead a lost soul to God thru Christ.)

And finally: THE CROWN OF REJOICING:

1 Thessalonians 2:19, 20 For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming? For ye are our glory and joy.
(NOTE: This Soul Winner's Crown, is why Paul continued to press forward pass all this:

2 Corinthians 11:
24 Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.

25 Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;

26 In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;

27 In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Hello, Thanks for trying to clarify.

However, my question was: Please, provide ONE Holy Spirit inspired scripture written about Armenians?
I TOLD YOU. ARMENIANS are people in Europe. Like English or Germans, etc

If you mean ARMINIANS, THEY ARE ALL HERETICS AND HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON WITH CALVINISTS

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
I TOLD YOU. ARMENIANS are people in Europe. Like English or Germans, etc

If you mean ARMINIANS, THEY ARE ALL HERETICS AND HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON WITH CALVINISTS
ARMINIANS my bad, I did a Bible search on arminian, arminians & arminianism & no results were found

Can you provide ONE Holy Spirit inspired scripture written about arminian, arminians & arminianism? Any Bible version will do.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
REPROBATE – adokimos – unapproved, rejected, castaway, worthless, reprobate (Strong’s)

Men ordained to damnation (Webster’s)

Depravity – corrupt, perverse, marked by corruption or evil
Corrupt – morally degenerate, perverted, decline in moral standards
Perverse – turned away from what is right and good or correct and proper; wrong headed

Totally depraved is how God sees US, not how we see ourselves. The doctrine of total depravity says that man is as bad off as he can be, which may not always be manifested in conduct but is made manifest in every other way (opinions, ideology, desires, etc)

Unregenerate man is the natural man, the unbeliever. He oversteps the bound of decency God has set for man. In his natural state he is:
Full of iniquity – that which is altogether wrong
Wicked – the outward expression of his evil nature
Evil (in man) – that which opposes the goodness and holiness of God
Ungodly – lacks respect and reverence for God 2 Tim 3: 2-5
Lawless – is in open contempt of divine law
Disobedient – unwillingness to be led or guided in the ways of truth
Iniquitous – altogether wrong
In Error – gone astray from the bou
Deceitful - Jer 17:9
Hard Matt 19:8
Inclined to wickedness Is 32:6
Unstable in all his ways James 1:18

They distort the word to their own destruction 2 Peter 3;16

Reprobate (those who are ordained to damnation) stay in their natural state and perish
Spiritually dead – the natural man cannot receive the things of God because they are spiritually discerned (1 Cor 2:14) when Adam died spiritually for that first sin, all mankind died with him, and is imputed with Adam’s sin. Unless a man is regenerated in his spirit (made alive), he will perish.
Under Condemnation – Adam’s sin is imputed to all men, making all men born under condemnation for that sin. Romans 5: 12, 19 (judgement arose from ONE transgression resulting in condemnation Rom 5: 16)

the things that proceed out of the hearts of the unregenerate man and defile him: (Mark 7: 20-23)
evil thoughts Adulteries sensuality
fornications deeds of coveting envy
thefts wickedness slander
murders deceit pride
FOOLISHNESS

Rom 3:10 there is none who is righteous, no not one
Is 17:9 the heart is deceitful above all else and is desperately sick
Ecc 9:3 the hearts of the sons of men are full of evil
Rom 7: 18 in the flesh dwells no good thing
2 Tim 3:8 some men are reprobate concerning the truth
Once we confess our sins God now sees us as white as snow.

Jan 4, 2019
Hi all,
New here
Perhaps we all exist being dysfunctional as we are so as to prove we are not whole.
And therefore, we seek one-ness.