J
Jesusismyrock
Guest
It is often accompanied with lust but it isn't lust itself.I consider it a form of lust. Because you're often committing the act with sexual impurity in mind.
It is often accompanied with lust but it isn't lust itself.I consider it a form of lust. Because you're often committing the act with sexual impurity in mind.
I've seen so many sermons & Christians on Youtube saying the answer is basically to get married and make love with your wife/husband but no one wants to talk about all the LUST that seems to be a problem in every marriage I've ever known about.
"Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me."
You feeling in the mood? Deny yourself.
Your partner isn't in the mood? Deny yourself.
But than what happens to many who keep denying themselves?
They end up like a volcano that's about to burst eventually..
and most likely end up committing the SIN they tried so hard to not do.
So, I really don't know the answer.
Lust is a battle that needs to have been fought and won before marriage is ever on the table. The best way to deal with it is to never let it take hold of you.
As a man I think it's pretty simple. At least to me it is. I never said easy, but it is simple.
See a pretty woman who's not your wife? No problem - keep things at eye level and if you find yourself thinking about her inappropriately, then stop yourself. The world is full of beautiful women, and their beauty is completely irrelevant. A man should only have one wife, so that's the only woman who's beauty he can truly appreciate.
As for denying each other in a marriage, Paul writes very clearly about that. It is not to be a long term arrangement. It's extremely detrimental to a marriage if either party consistently turns the other down in the bedroom. That's the kind of thing that needs to be talked about before entering a marriage - it's a reasonable expectation that both parties are supposed to be happy with the arrangement. And I say talked about, not practiced.
I've seen so many sermons & Christians on Youtube saying the answer is basically to get married and make love with your wife/husband but no one wants to talk about all the LUST that seems to be a problem in every marriage I've ever known about.
My pastor told me the simple answer is ... Matthew 16:24
"Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me."
You feeling in the mood? Deny yourself.
Your partner isn't in the mood? Deny yourself.
But than what happens to many who keep denying themselves?
They end up like a volcano that's about to burst eventually..
and most likely end up committing the SIN they tried so hard to not do.
So, I really don't know the answer.
Wouldnt the act of masturbation be fornication?
But yes, I am 100% certain that it is sinful. I believe its why the bible tells us its better to marry than to burn.
Hey people, I know this is a delicate subject, but an important one for single christians. I'm a single male and raised catholic, and feel that there seems to be some kind of tacit approval in today's permissive society, in which most people assume that it's ok to pleasure and relieve yourself. As singles, we may feel that need very strongly, but does that make it right? As christians, I think many of us feel deep down it's wrong to do it, no matter how strong your need and desire may be. I struggle with this issue daily, and would like to hear your opinions, and especially from christians who are trying to abstain from it, as I am trying to do. Thanks and God bless.
Wow! I read a book on it from a group. The Christians were pouncing on that poor guy who posted his book. Nobody was even willing to listen to what he says.I will write that as a separate post.