Is Salvation by Jesus alone the only way to heaven?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is Salvation by Jesus alone the only way to heaven?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
You, evidently, are not taking into consideration that all scriptures must harmonize before you can understand the doctrine that Jesus taught. God's foreknowledge was that he saw that no one would seek him. You cannot just ignore Psalms 53:2.
What do you think Psalm 53 is telling us? Not simply verse 2 but the chapter in context.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
True.
FGC keeps insisting on a forumla they've created of their own doing. It actually does not exist in the true context of scripture.
If we take the preceding scripture in the Book of John 3:16, For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life, and then read the Book of John chapter 6 and verse 38, ESV: "For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me."

We then see that those two scriptures from just the Book of John chapter 6 , when we've read FGC repeatedly insist Jesus died only for those God gave to Him, when that claim indicates overlooking the fact that Jesus was God, we see that John 3:16 refutes what is claimed to be said by FGC reading just verse 38.

For FGC's claim to be true we would have to concede, as he must when he repeatedly insists on his formula for verse 38's application, that God also created people whom He would damn to Hell when those persons are not the one's Jesus was sent to die for.
The doctrine of FGC is flawed.
God did not cause anybody to go to hell. We would all have went to hell if God had not choose some as his elect, yes, he did choose some, but not all, but man, by his own actions sent himself to hell. If God had not choose an elect amount of people, by his grace, no one would have worshiped him.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
God did not cause anybody to go to hell. We would all have went to hell if God had not choose some as his elect, yes, he did choose some, but not all, but man, by his own actions sent himself to hell. If God had not choose an elect amount of people, by his grace, no one would have worshiped him.
Oh, but according to your interpretation of singular texts that you reference post and post again so as to defend your salvation formula that says, Jesus died on the cross to save only those God had already given him, must include the converse for balance.
You did not know nor calculate this when you came up with your salvation formula as you did?

If Jesus died only for those the Father had given him, then that would mean Jesus did not die for those the Father did not give unto Him. And that means those one's are then not saved an shall die in their sins. As God willed when you argue the Father's grace extended only to those whom He wanted saved and therein sent Jesus to die only for those God gave Him to save.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Oh, but according to your interpretation of singular texts that you reference post and post again so as to defend your salvation formula that says, Jesus died on the cross to save only those God had already given him, must include the converse for balance.
You did not know nor calculate this when you came up with your salvation formula as you did?

If Jesus died only for those the Father had given him, then that would mean Jesus did not die for those the Father did not give unto Him. And that means those one's are then not saved an shall die in their sins. As God willed when you argue the Father's grace extended only to those whom He wanted saved and therein sent Jesus to die only for those God gave Him to save.
You mean like this;

Romans 9:11-24
11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018

Yes, and all of what you have just stated will harmonize with the rest of the scriptures.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Yes, and all of what you have just stated will harmonize with the rest of the scriptures.
You mean like this;

Romans 9:11-24
11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
And yet those who think Jesus died only for those one's God predetermined to save make invalid in their argument the Book of John chapter 3 and particularly verse 16.
Either God is wrong or you all are.
God predetermined all things according to His zeal for his own glory.
However, if he predetermined who would be saved then he predetermined whom He would judge worthy of Hell.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
And yet those who think Jesus died only for those one's God predetermined to save make invalid in their argument the Book of John chapter 3 and particularly verse 16.
Either God is wrong or you all are.
God predetermined all things according to His zeal for his own glory.
However, if he predetermined who would be saved then he predetermined whom He would judge worthy of Hell.
I don't think that is true.

Whosoever believes in Christ shall not perish but have everlasting Life.

No problems with that.

John 3:27 John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

Think about the implications of that for a moment.

Now lets go to Romans 9 again

Romans 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
I don't think that is true.

Whosoever believes in Christ shall not perish but have everlasting Life.

No problems with that.

John 3:27 John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

Think about the implications of that for a moment.

Now lets go to Romans 9 again

Romans 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
And yet there is no harmony, as that word has been used in this discussion more than once, there when we recall verse 16 of chapter 3 in the Book of John.
16 3779 [e]
16 Houtōs
16 Οὕτως
16 Thus
16 Adv

1063 [e]
gar
γὰρ
for
Conj

25 [e]
ēgapēsen
ἠγάπησεν
loved
V-AIA-3S

3588 [e]
ho

-
Art-NMS

2316 [e]
Theos
Θεὸς
God
N-NMS

3588 [e]
ton
τὸν
the
Art-AMS

2889 [e]
kosmon
κόσμον ,
world
N-AMS

5620 [e]
hōste
ὥστε
that
Conj

3588 [e]
ton
τὸν
the
Art-AMS

5207 [e]
Huion
Υἱὸν ,
Son
N-AMS

3588 [e]
ton
τὸν
the
Art-AMS

3439 [e]
monogenē
μονογενῆ ,
only begotten
Adj-AMS

1325 [e]
edōken
ἔδωκεν ,
He gave
V-AIA-3S

2443 [e]
hina
ἵνα
so that
Conj

3956 [e]
pas
πᾶς
everyone
Adj-NMS

3588 [e]
ho

-
Art-NMS

4100 [e]
pisteuōn
πιστεύων
believing
V-PPA-NMS

1519 [e]
eis
εἰς
in
Prep

846 [e]
auton
αὐτὸν
Him
PPro-AM3S

3361 [e]

μὴ
not
Adv

622 [e]
apolētai
ἀπόληται ,
should perish
V-ASM-3S

235 [e]
all’
ἀλλ’
but
Conj

2192 [e]
echē
ἔχῃ
should have
V-PSA-3S

2222 [e]
zōēn
ζωὴν
life
N-AFS

166 [e]
aiōnion
αἰώνιον .
eternal
Adj-AFS

For those following this discussion in particular, at least one denomination teaches that Jesus did not die for all people. Calvinism.
Jesus death was sufficient for everyone yet it was not intended to save everyone.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Sure there is.

John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
2 Corinthians 3:5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Do any of those scriptures make John 3:16 untrue?? No.

It might do something to your INTERPRETATION of what you THINK John 3:16 is saying.

But they don't make John 3:16 untrue.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
You are Roman Catholic?
Far from it, and what are you?
And yet there is no harmony, as that word has been used in this discussion more than once, there when we recall verse 16 of chapter 3 in the Book of John.
16 3779 [e]
16 Houtōs
16 Οὕτως
16 Thus
16 Adv

1063 [e]
gar
γὰρ
for
Conj

25 [e]
ēgapēsen
ἠγάπησεν
loved
V-AIA-3S

3588 [e]
ho

-
Art-NMS

2316 [e]
Theos
Θεὸς
God
N-NMS

3588 [e]
ton
τὸν
the
Art-AMS

2889 [e]
kosmon
κόσμον ,
world
N-AMS

5620 [e]
hōste
ὥστε
that
Conj

3588 [e]
ton
τὸν
the
Art-AMS

5207 [e]
Huion
Υἱὸν ,
Son
N-AMS

3588 [e]
ton
τὸν
the
Art-AMS

3439 [e]
monogenē
μονογενῆ ,
only begotten
Adj-AMS

1325 [e]
edōken
ἔδωκεν ,
He gave
V-AIA-3S

2443 [e]
hina
ἵνα
so that
Conj

3956 [e]
pas
πᾶς
everyone
Adj-NMS

3588 [e]
ho

-
Art-NMS

4100 [e]
pisteuōn
πιστεύων
believing
V-PPA-NMS

1519 [e]
eis
εἰς
in
Prep

846 [e]
auton
αὐτὸν
Him
PPro-AM3S

3361 [e]

μὴ
not
Adv

622 [e]
apolētai
ἀπόληται ,
should perish
V-ASM-3S

235 [e]
all’
ἀλλ’
but
Conj

2192 [e]
echē
ἔχῃ
should have
V-PSA-3S

2222 [e]
zōēn
ζωὴν
life
N-AFS

166 [e]
aiōnion
αἰώνιον .
eternal
Adj-AFS

For those following this discussion in particular, at least one denomination teaches that Jesus did not die for all people. Calvinism.
Jesus death was sufficient for everyone yet it was not intended to save everyone.
John 6:38 says it was not sufficient for everyone. Christ was a sacrifice offering for the elect's sins only and the sacrifice was offered to God for God's approval and not to man for man's approval' Your scripture references do not harmonize with all of the other scriptures.

FollowtheShepherd

Sep 15, 2019
Acts 3:22-23, " 22 Moses said, ‘The Lord God will raise up for you a prophet like me from your brothers. You shall listen to him in whatever he tells you. 23 And it shall be that every soul who does not listen to that prophet shall be destroyed from the people.’Deu 18:15-19.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
16 3779 [e]
16 Houtōs
16 Οὕτως
16 Thus
16 Adv

1063 [e]
gar
γὰρ
for
Conj

25 [e]
ēgapēsen
ἠγάπησεν
loved
V-AIA-3S

3588 [e]
ho

-
Art-NMS

2316 [e]
Theos
Θεὸς
God
N-NMS

3588 [e]
ton
τὸν
the
Art-AMS

2889 [e]
kosmon
κόσμον ,
world
N-AMS

5620 [e]
hōste
ὥστε
that
Conj

3588 [e]
ton
τὸν
the
Art-AMS

5207 [e]
Huion
Υἱὸν ,
Son
N-AMS

3588 [e]
ton
τὸν
the
Art-AMS

3439 [e]
monogenē
μονογενῆ ,
only begotten
Adj-AMS

1325 [e]
edōken
ἔδωκεν ,
He gave
V-AIA-3S

2443 [e]
hina
ἵνα
so that
Conj

3956 [e]
pas
πᾶς
everyone
Adj-NMS

3588 [e]
ho

-
Art-NMS

4100 [e]
pisteuōn
πιστεύων
believing
V-PPA-NMS

1519 [e]
eis
εἰς
in
Prep

846 [e]
auton
αὐτὸν
Him
PPro-AM3S

3361 [e]

μὴ
not
Adv

622 [e]
apolētai
ἀπόληται ,
should perish
V-ASM-3S

235 [e]
all’
ἀλλ’
but
Conj

2192 [e]
echē
ἔχῃ
should have
V-PSA-3S

2222 [e]
zōēn
ζωὴν
life
N-AFS

166 [e]
aiōnion
αἰώνιον .
eternal
Adj-AFS

I have explained John 3:16 to you that will harmonize with the other scriptures, but you have your own interpretation that will not harmonize with the other scriptures.