I'm sorry Dcon.
I don't understand your reply...
What does the word NOTHING mean...simple enough question........
I'm sorry Dcon.
I don't understand your reply...
I myself would not refuse smokers in church. Everyone needs deliverance from something, & that's what the church is for.
The only people that should be dismissed are those who have properly been counseled with their issue, such as gossip, hatred, adultery, etc., & they refuse to repent.
See what dcon said? I haven't said anything to him today, yet there's that attitude again as if I cussed him or something.
I would not refuse him in church for his attitude, as long as he kept it to himself. There's always hope.....
I understand..... it took a great deal of self-restraint not to answer him the way I wanted to.
I hope I'm able to do the same thing tomorrow, because I have learned an important lesson about apologizing & reneging on a promise. I've discovered thru this reneging I need to rise above that myself.
Please pray for me that I won't fail on mine.![]()
Fully agree and why I responded the way I did above.....regardless.....wine, tobacco, poop or rat poison the point is still the same....NOTHING ingested by MEN will DEFILE a man before GOD spiritually.....not saying it wont KILL you or eve make yo sick....the word NOTHING used in context means NOTHING.....
I dont think its fair to compare smoking to eating poop tho lol.
The epitome of religion......found right here in this post......to the core!
You are obviously free to believe whatever you want to believe,I believe that addiction is a disease and not idolatry.
I would think if I started drinking & become an alcoholic that it would defile me spiritually before God, because with that other sins would follow as a result of the alcoholism.Fully agree and why I responded the way I did above.....regardless.....wine, tobacco, poop or rat poison the point is still the same....NOTHING ingested by MEN will DEFILE a man before GOD spiritually.....not saying it wont KILL you or eve make yo sick....the word NOTHING used in context means NOTHING.....
Yet breathing the emissions from the cars posed no risk to his health.
Smoking might be harmful to the flesh but lies destroy a person's soul.
And herein lies the problem.
Perhaps you're right..... I don't know of anyone addicted to poop or getting cancer from eating poop.
I would think if I started drinking & become an alcoholic that it would defile me spiritually before God, because with that other sins would follow as a result of the alcoholism.
Sin takes you farther than you want to go,
Keeps you longer than you want to stay,
and costs you more than you want to pay.
Yes, less chemicals for the RYOs. Still not good for us. And, yeah, everything to quit smoking cost more than actually smoking. (I know, I tried them all.)I personally hate cigs, but do not condemn anyone who smokes....and I chunk it under the first post I made on this thread...it is not those things that enter into a man that defiles a man....I was surprised at the cost in Australia for a pack, but then realized that is part of the reason why they have universal health care...they tax the crap out of cigs, liquor etc. it seems to make up some of that cash.....My mom who smokes and has had a Quintuple bypass is still smoking....I did get her to start smoking roll your own which has less added chemicals I think, and she recently went on the patches trying to quit, but they are like $30 for 14
Nicotine actually has one good thing it does, but Doctors do not talk about it to people, because, for the most part, it does more harm than good. The good thing about smoking is that when one is in a great level of stress or such, smoking will work to calm the person down. Believe it or not, but when one is having coughing fits, smoking will stop them as well. Yeah, smoking is probably what caused the fits to begin with, but, not all the time. Sometimes chronic sinus drainage can cause a person to have a coughing/choking fit.......and smoking will greatly help to calm it down.
No, Doctors do not tell people about this...........but that in no way makes it untrue. If you know a Doctor, ask them to give a serious answer about this.
Anyway.........![]()
We all knew it would not take long for a religious Pharisee(ical) lawyer to come along and begin to bind......and the word NOTHING means exactly that.....people like you close heaven up to those entering by your religious pretext and Pharisee type attitude!
[url]http://christianchat.com/christian-family-forum/135667-i-need-courage-lot-less-crying.html[/URL]aww dont say that!!!!!!!!! surely you can quit easily with God's help!!!!!!!!!!! many people quit even without God's help many atheists do so i am sure u can do it....... dont get sad and discouraged i know u can do it if u want to!!!!!!!!!!!!! stay positive dont let the devil make u depressed.
I was going to also say that WINE does the same thing.......goes in RED and comes out............... HAHAHAHHAHAH yeah I know..........![]()
Tarantula's are actually a delicacy in Cambodia...Tried them once and who knew protein could be so yummy....they were fired..tasted like sweet garlic french fries..
You are obviously free to believe whatever you want to believe,
but the characterization of addiction being a "disease"
is total MALARKEY that's being pushed by liberals who
refuse to hold themselves accountable for anything.
People choose to participate in the activities they become addicted to.
They don't choose to get cancer or Parkinson's.
Obviously peoples' choices can lead to disease,
but cut the crap about addiction being a disease!
I'm tired of hearing this old cop-out.
Based on some of the responses, my position is being construed as self righteousness.
Couldn't be farther from the truth.
I have my current vices and have overcome others.
However I don't blame anybody or anything for my transgressions except me!
I won't say what they are, because that's not relevant here,
but out of respect for my fellow congregants, I leave them home on Sunday.
And for the record, I voted that smoking is not a sin.