Is suicide a sin? This trouble confusing me for a long time.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

SamsonHorace

Mar 4, 2019
Can a man go to the heaven after kill himself (he doesn't do anything wrong )?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Jesus identified only one unforgivable sin, and it was not suicide.

Suicide is tragic... a permanent solution for a temporary problem.

Do you know someone who is struggling with suicidal thoughts?

SamsonHorace

Mar 4, 2019
Suicide is self-murder.. Yes, it's a sin.
Here's a whole story about it. A Hong Kong man Marco Leung was standing on the top of the building and taking Anti Extradition bill's slogans. He asked the leader of HK Carrie Lam to withdraw the bill,if not,he will jump out of the building. Carrie Lam announced withdraw the bill is impossible. Mr.Leung jumped out of the building. Since that day ,every protesters wearing black clothes to mourning him.

SamsonHorace

Mar 4, 2019

Here's a story about it. Could you read it?🙏🙏🙏

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Here's a whole story about it. A Hong Kong man Marco Leung was standing on the top of the building and taking Anti Extradition bill's slogans. He asked the leader of HK Carrie Lam to withdraw the bill,if not,he will jump out of the building. Carrie Lam announced withdraw the bill is impossible. Mr.Leung jumped out of the building. Since that day ,every protesters wearing black clothes to mourning him.

Mr. Leung made a foolish, unfortunate choice. But it's STILL suicide, and it's STILL a sin..

Nov 25, 2019
Only God can answer these questions. He is the final judge and anyone who pretends to understand the mind of God is a fool. It is said suicide is a sin, but as to whether or not it condemns a man to hell is not for any man to judge.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
USA=Suicide Prevention Links

International = Suicide Prevention Links

That is quite a question. Will God bring a suicide into Heaven? Did the one that committed self-murder think to seek God out so as to help their depression? Suicide is giving up. It is letting finite issues make an irrevocable eternal decision come to the mind of the one vexed by those issues.

Suicide should never be a choice. It is selfish in that while the suffering one is now gone, everyone that ever loved them is left to live with the heartbreak of not just the loss, but the guilt. Asking themselves, why didn't I see it? Why didn't I ask him-her, if they were alright when I noticed they seemed troubled? Why, why, why?

And what if the Suicide is botched? That person can awaken worse off than they thought before.

If they did go through with it, I think God being a God of mercy would be merciful. After all, God knows what that person went through and that it was obviously more than the person could bear. Hell would be a tragic eternity after dying to a life that felt like Hell on Earth.
But we're all just guessing here. Only God really knows.

If you or someone you know is thinking of Suicide, please talk to someone. You were born for a reason. And it wasn't to take your own life.
God be with you. And all who feel the only way out of whatever troubles them is self-murder. :(

von1

Apr 22, 2010

Beautifully said

von1

Apr 22, 2010
Only God can answer these questions. He is the final judge and anyone who pretends to understand the mind of God is a fool. It is said suicide is a sin, but as to whether or not it condemns a man to hell is not for any man to judge.
Amen

von1

Apr 22, 2010

That is quite a question. Will God bring a suicide into Heaven? Did the one that committed self-murder think to seek God out so as to help their depression? Suicide is giving up. It is letting finite issues make an irrevocable eternal decision come to the mind of the one vexed by those issues.

Suicide should never be a choice. It is selfish in that while the suffering one is now gone, everyone that ever loved them is left to live with the heartbreak of not just the loss, but the guilt. Asking themselves, why didn't I see it? Why didn't I ask him-her, if they were alright when I noticed they seemed troubled? Why, why, why?

And what if the Suicide is botched? That person can awaken worse off than they thought before.

If they did go through with it, I think God being a God of mercy would be merciful. After all, God knows what that person went through and that it was obviously more than the person could bear. Hell would be a tragic eternity after dying to a life that felt like Hell on Earth.

If you or someone you know is thinking of Suicide, please talk to someone. You were born for a reason. And it wasn't to take your own life.
God be with you. And all who feel the only way out of whatever troubles them is self-murder. :(
Amen, very well said

M

morefaithrequired

Its more a shame than a sin imo. It is certainly not good. It hurts more than one person. But this is a topic that it is very easy to sound judgemental. Can we really say we know what itslike to walk in anothers shoes?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
i have read some reports saying he was struggling with firefighters trying to pull him off the scaffolding when he fell, and others saying he jumped all on his own. i do not know the facts.
i do know that if he lived, he could continue to fight for what he believes, even though through death he inspires many people after him.
i do know, too, that God judges our hearts, and a single sin - even though it has consequences - does not separate us from Him in the way that making a willful, deliberate habit of sin does. even Adam and Eve, though they sinned, God covered them, and though they experienced the consequence of being driven from the garden, God also gave them the promise of Salvation which would crush the head of the serpent - is it not so?
so i believe that if Marco Leung had faith in Jesus then he is saved. we do not reach the kingdom of heaven by works but by faith - if our works are good, they will endure, and if our works are evil, they will be burned up, but the soul may still be saved, apart from works.

i believe suicide is sin - it is God's right to determine when we live and when we die, not ours - but i believe that He gave His own life so that all the sin of those who trust in Him may be forgiven.

Jul 23, 2018
A man jumped off a 200 ft bridge to kill himself and lived. He commented that as soon as he jumped,he knew he screwed up.

suicide is a form of insanity. It is a slap in Gods face.

But God sees it all,and He judges correctly.
But suicide is a fools gamble. The ultimate gamble.

Ghoti2

Nov 8, 2019
The main insanity of suicide is that you are trying to use it to escape from what you are now experiencing..... But, you are entering into something totally unknown, that is far more permanent, and from which you can NEVER EVER possibly escape. You cannot escape from the hereafter by committing suicide a second time.

SamsonHorace

Mar 4, 2019
i have read some reports saying he was struggling with firefighters trying to pull him off the scaffolding when he fell, and others saying he jumped all on his own. i do not know the facts.
i do know that if he lived, he could continue to fight for what he believes, even though through death he inspires many people after him.
i do know, too, that God judges our hearts, and a single sin - even though it has consequences - does not separate us from Him in the way that making a willful, deliberate habit of sin does. even Adam and Eve, though they sinned, God covered them, and though they experienced the consequence of being driven from the garden, God also gave them the promise of Salvation which would crush the head of the serpent - is it not so?
so i believe that if Marco Leung had faith in Jesus then he is saved. we do not reach the kingdom of heaven by works but by faith - if our works are good, they will endure, and if our works are evil, they will be burned up, but the soul may still be saved, apart from works.

i believe suicide is sin - it is God's right to determine when we live and when we die, not ours - but i believe that He gave His own life so that all the sin of those who trust in Him may be forgiven.
Hey brother ! You're right. Every HK people remember Mr. Leung's death, we always tell ourselves that Mr. Leung cannot forgive us if we give up. Today's December, we're fighting for six months, we want to prove Leung dead for great people not a group of morons. I always pray Marco has good life in the heaven, All of Kongers owed him a lot. 🙏🙏🙏

SamsonHorace

Mar 4, 2019
Kill Lincoln is sin,kill Hitler is not a sin.
Mr. Leung dead for all of Hong Kong people, Carrie Lam didn't say anything to him, she treats us as Cockroach and pig. Carrie Lam announced she is a Catholic.....she didn't stop it.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
If someone is suicidal I grieve for their pain. The distress they are in is enormous. I pray that there is mercy, love and compassion to help them. It is not for me to pass judgement on them. Our cold heartedness offends God. Our lack of mercy for people driven to despair is shameful. God searches the heart and it is between him and the person to sort out their relationship. None of us is without sin. We are called to love.

SamsonHorace

Mar 4, 2019

Yes,his family is very sad. We lost a great man. Since that day, Chinese soldiers dropped the dead protesters from the building after they killed them. They can announce that these protesters killed themselves like Mr .Leung. So we wrote will and Non suicide announcement. May God bless him. 🙏🙏🙏

SamsonHorace

Mar 4, 2019
If someone is suicidal I grieve for their pain. The distress they are in is enormous. I pray that there is mercy, love and compassion to help them. It is not for me to pass judgement on them. Our cold heartedness offends God. Our lack of mercy for people driven to despair is shameful. God searches the heart and it is between him and the person to sort out their relationship. None of us is without sin. We are called to love.
We Hong Kong people are a little cold blooded in the past, since Mr.leung dead and the beginning of the revolution , we became civilized and warm. We gathered together to improve our relationships.