Is the “day of Christ” the day of the Rapture?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
"After the tribulation of those days" 🤔 Matthew 24.
Here's what happens: Immediately after the tribulation of those days
shall the sun be darkened,

and the moon shall not give her light,
and the stars shall fall from heaven,

and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: (Mt 24:29)

And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal,
and, lo, there was a great earthquake;
and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair,
and the moon became as blood;
And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth,
even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. (Rev 6:12-14)

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
That says nothing about the rapture happening at the end of the tribulation
Of course it doesn't say that. One first must know what the Great Tribulation teaches.
Earthly Prophecy! And then:

Rightly Divided (2 Timothy 2:15) From “Things That Differ” (online)

compare that to what The Revelation Of The Mystery Teaches about
Heavenly Departure,
Correct?

Precious friend(s):

Grace, Peace, And JOY In Christ, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
(+ I and II)!

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I am reminded of the saying, "Don't confuse me with the facts, I've made up my mind!"
That is exactly-and-precisely what pre-trib folks have done - convinced themselves that what they have been taught is true - and, refuse to look at scripture without including the base-line pre-trib assumptions they have made; instead, they have included them in their personal foundation for interpreting all of scripture. In other words, 'pre-trib' is not allowed to be questioned - period - "no matter what"...

They have been taught to interpret certain verses of scripture in a certain way - all wrapped around the pre-trib idea - which is not in scripture in the least or in the slightest.

They have, in effect - and, without realizing it - in a sense - wrapped the whole Bible around the pre-trib belief - with the 'absolute' assumption that it cannot be possible for the pre-trib idea to not be true. And, that assumption is the trap that keeps them from learning the truth of what scripture actually says...

I know what I am talking about. Why? Because, I was raised with the pre-trib belief until late teenage - when, with the Lord's help, I saw it for what it really is - a severe misinterpretation of scripture - it is not what scripture actually says...

The evidence for a pre -trib rapture and 7 year tribulation are there in Scripture.
Nope - I think not.

misinterpretation
Hey, if you choose not to believe it, that's your choice.
I choose not to believe a severe misinterpretation and misrepresentation of scripture.

~

mywebsite.us/BibleStudy/Seventy_Weeks.html

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
That is exactly-and-precisely what pre-trib folks have done - convinced themselves that what they have been taught is true - and, refuse to look at scripture without including the base-line pre-trib assumptions they have made; instead, they have included them in their personal foundation for interpreting all of scripture. In other words, 'pre-trib' is not allowed to be questioned - period - "no matter what"...
Gary this is simply hot air with no basis whatsoever. But everyone is free to believe whatever they wish (even nonsense), It is you who is thoroughly confused, as is evident in your posts in this thread.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
Pre-tribers claim no one see the rapture.
Some maybe say that, but, those left behind will SEE "That many are missing!"
Just imagine an UNbeliever 'talking to one of us' and, then we are:

"...Caught Up...in the twinkling of an eye..."? Sounds pretty plain to me...

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
1 Corinthians 15:

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

It is the 'change' that will happen "in the twinkling of an eye" - not the 'rapture'... ;)

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
1 Corinthians 15:

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall ALL be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

It is the 'change' that will happen "in the twinkling of an eye"
GaryA, so, "changed" into immortal/incorruptible to "stay on the earth,"?
Or:

"For the LORD Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout,
with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and
the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain...
['with those resurrected, ALL of us, changed in the twinkling, and Then]

...Shall Be CAUGHT UP together with them in the clouds, to meet
the LORD In The Air: and so shall we ever be with The LORD."
(1Th 4:16-17)

If this is not our rapture/Great Grace Departure, then what do you "call It"?

ChrisE
-------
Grace, Peace, And JOY In Christ, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
(+ I and II)!

Saul-to-Paul

Jun 5, 2017
Some maybe say that, but, those left behind will SEE "That many are missing!"
Just imagine an UNbeliever 'talking to one of us' and, then we are:

"...Caught Up...in the twinkling of an eye..."? Sounds pretty plain to me...
Changed in a twinkling of an eye. NOT caught up in a twinkling of an eye. But the Bible is very clear"

Revelation 11:12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Changed in a twinkling of an eye. NOT caught up in a twinkling of an eye. But the Bible is very clear"
Same difference. It is all one miraculous event so do not split hairs. Or go down rabbit holes.

Saul-to-Paul

Jun 5, 2017
Same difference. It is all one miraculous event so do not split hairs. Or go down rabbit holes.
It's not the same. It contradicts the pri-tribulation beliefs. Is that doctrine now being changed like the Covid virus?

Revelation 1:7, KJV: Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
It's not the same. It contradicts the pri-tribulation beliefs. Is that doctrine now being changed like the Covid virus? Revelation 1:7, KJV: Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
This verse has ABSOLUTEY NOTHING to do with the Rapture (whether pre- mid- or post- trib). This is a prophecy of the Second Coming of Christ, and those metaphorical clouds are actually clouds of saints and angels. The saints went to Heaven before the Tribulation and now come with Christ after the Tribulation and Great Tribulation. No wonder there is so much confusion.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
GaryA, so, "changed" into immortal/incorruptible to "stay on the earth,"?
Or:

"For the LORD Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout,
with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and
the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain...
['with those resurrected, ALL of us, changed in the twinkling, and Then]

...Shall Be CAUGHT UP together with them in the clouds, to meet
the LORD In The Air: and so shall we ever be with The LORD."
(1Th 4:16-17)

If this is not our rapture/Great Grace Departure, then what do you "call It"?
Who said anything at all that would even remotely suggest that the other 'parts' of the [overall] 'event' would not take place in the proper order and at the proper time...??? :rolleyes:

The Bible tells us that it is the 'change' that occurs "in a moment" - not the whole event.

It is a common misconception/misunderstanding that the 'twinkling' applies to the whole event; however, it is simply not true. The Bible indicates otherwise. And, if a Bible student wants to obtain the proper interpretation/understanding of what they are reading, they must pay close attention to the 'grammar of the language' lest they wind up with a conceptionally-skewed false idea instead of what the Bible actually says. And then - if you build on top of that - well - it just gets worse as it goes... (compounded error)

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I believe the rapture will happen on the day of the second coming of Jesus..

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I believe the rapture will happen on the day of the second coming of Jesus..
That is purely DELUSIONAL. See other posts which debunk this fallacy. And think about the ABSURIDTY of what you just said.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
It is a common misconception/misunderstanding that the 'twinkling' applies to the whole event; however, it is simply not true.
It is not only true but totally logical and in keeping with the Scripture.

1. The "twinkling of an eye" is simply another way of saying "in the fraction of a second" or "in a moment" or "in a nanosecond".

2. This term applies to the resurrection of the saints AS WELL AS to the Rapture: In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and [1] the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and [2] we shall be changed. (1 Cor 15:52).

3. There are two events mentioned above: [1] the Resurrection and [2} the Rapture. So in fact that is ONE EVENT which should really be called "The Resurrection/Rapture of the Church".

4. To further confirm that this is true we have this statement: 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and [1] the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 [2] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. (1 Thess 4:16,17)

Now the real issue is whether you will give up your delusional thinking in view of these clear Scriptures. Sadly people cling to their delusions more strongly that clinging to the truth.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
That is purely DELUSIONAL. See other posts which debunk this fallacy. And think about the ABSURIDTY of what you just said.
I have observed and taken part in Rapture timing discussions online since 2002... I have seen all the arguments, all the debating points.. And i am very confident that the rapture is the same as the gathering at the last trumpet that will happen on the day of the return of Jesus.. And no amount of personal attacks would ever cause me to change my POV.. The interpretations of scripture by the pre-tribulation rapture supporters never moved me so why would CAPed words like Delusional or Absurdity ever motivate me?