Is the Attraction Wrong or What we do with it?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
It is NOT SIN to have attraction to the same sex....
It is NOT SIN to have attraction to the opposite sex...

It is IS SIN to have SAME SEX "RELATIONS", PREMARITAL SEX, and COMMIT ADULTERY!!!!

In my opinion... And we are to bring every thought captive under the Word of G-d and crucify our flesh....

What is your opinion is the attraction wrong or what we do with it?

GodisONE

Jul 11, 2018
it is unnatural to begin with. so to have an attraction to same sex seems more on the line of having mental issues.

I agree until the moment we begin to lust. lusting is the physical act without being physical.

It is IS SIN to have SAME SEX "RELATIONS", PREMARITAL SEX, and COMMIT ADULTERY!!!!
agreed 100%

In my opinion... And we are to bring every thought captive under the Word of G-d and crucify our flesh....
agreed 100%

Noose

Apr 18, 2016

Attraction to same sex is already a corruption of what God created and said "..it is good..". God did not create man to desire another man but a woman and vise versa; sin corrupts what is good and sin is the spirit/mind, the fleshly acts are a manifestation of the sin.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

Jesus said::
Matthew 5: KJV
27 "¶ Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: {28} But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart."

So if a person even looks and has sexual thoughts towards another then they have already sinned.. The only exception is when the other person is their Husband or Wife..

So you do not have to have same sex relations to sin.. all a homosexual man has to do is look another man and have sexual thoughts about them and they have already committed an abomination against the will of God..

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
27 "¶ Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: {28} But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart."

So if a person even looks and has sexual thoughts towards another then they have already sinned.. The only exception is when the other person is their Husband or Wife..

So you do not have to have same sex relations to sin.. all a homosexual man has to do is look another man and have sexual thoughts about them and they have already committed an abomination against the will of God..
The thought arising is an issue that needs given to GOD. But the idea appearing in our heads is not the sin. It is when we entertain it and do not put into subjection with a get behind me Satan; thus saith the LORD it is sin.

To them that know to do good and do it not; to them it is sin.

Apr 15, 2017

Nothing is sin if we are tempted, but do not want it, and do not do it.

If we are tempted to steal, but we do not want it, and do not do it, it is not sin.

If we are tempted to fornicate with the opposite sex, but do not want it, and do not do it, it is not sin.

If we are tempted to fornicate with the same sex, or attracted to the same sex, and do not want it, and do not do it, it is not sin.

I thank God that I have not been attracted to the same sex, for to me it is as vile as having sex with a dog.

I think out of all the sins that being attracted to the same sex would be one of the hardest ones to come to our mind, because God created Adam and Eve, and for a man and a woman to be together, which is probably why it is an abomination to God, because it takes more perversion according to the flesh to be homosexual than it does if someone is to steal, or fornicate with the opposite sex.

We will be tempted by things, but if we do not want it, and do not do it, it is not sin, and we are usually tempted in things that we liked to do in the world, for in the world they choose what sins they do not want, and what sins they do want, and if it is sin that we hate and would not want to do them in the world, we should not be tempted by it when living for God.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I would have to agree that mere "attraction" is distinct from "lust". However, I would also offer that attraction which is inherently inconsistent with God's will should be addressed (with Christ's help!) before it progresses to lust or physical relationship.

The easy way to determine whether a particular attraction is inappropriate is to determine whether the fulfillment of that attraction would be sinful.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Attraction is not the same as Godly love for your fellow man or woman.

Attraction does not always have a sexual root. I am attracted to other Christians because we love and serve the same Savior. I love to fellowship with them to share meals and engage in activities of mutual edification.

I love my earthly brother and sister. I harbor no evil thoughts toward them.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016

It is not wrong to be tempted, Jesus was tempted, yet was without sin. However, it is possible to sin only in your mind- which is why we need to bring every thought captive to God. "Dear God, I did not invite this unholy thought, nor do I own it, it is not mine, please take it far from me." When tempted Jesus immediately used scripture to reject it, so must we. God says when we are in trouble we should pray, and being tempted to sin is the biggest trouble there is.

Being attracted to the same sex is perverted. One must bing that thought captive to God in prayer every single time, asking Him to take it far from you.

Embankment

Feb 28, 2017
Adultery
27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’[e] 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.29 If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

Jesus says here in Matthew that if we even think it we are guilty.
I would say we are all sinners every last one of us.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018

It is natural for a single person to be attracted to the opposite sex. It is how we find those who will be our future spouse.

All thoughts are known by God. If we're attracted to same sex that produces a thought and feeling.
When Jesus said even feeling lust in our heart for someone other than our spouse is adultery, a sin, wouldn't feeling sexual attraction to the same sex even when not acting upon it be an abomination? As homosexuality is described in scripture. All sexual immorality for that matter.

Jul 10, 2018

What's the difference between sexual thoughts and normal sexual attraction (between a man and a woman)?

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
Attraction is not the same as Godly love for your fellow man or woman.

Attraction does not always have a sexual root. I am attracted to other Christians because we love and serve the same Savior. I love to fellowship with them to share meals and engage in activities of mutual edification.

I love my earthly brother and sister. I harbor no evil thoughts toward them.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Fair enough but in the post I do mean sexual attraction. I should have said that.

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
I love to look up people's net worth.... You know actors and people like that.

I thought wow he/she is rich.
I pictured having that amount of money.
I thought about my life and how it would change with that amount of money.
I planed how I was going to meet this person.
I created my plan.
I acted on my plan.
I meant up with them, nothing happened just talked.
We got involved, got some money, convinced them to leave me in the will left in the will.... the whole 9 yards.
At what point was sin?

T

theanointedsinner

mcubed is a cool name
cool-ness can be perceived as a form of attraction
attraction is a form of corruption (as assumed)
which entails, cool-ness is a form of corruption
which entails, ... but that's reduced to an absurdity
Therefore, attraction is possible without corruption

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
I love to look up people's net worth.... You know actors and people like that.

I thought wow he/she is rich.
I pictured having that amount of money.
I thought about my life and how it would change with that amount of money.
I planed how I was going to meet this person.
I created my plan.
I acted on my plan.
I meant up with them, nothing happened just talked.
We got involved, got some money, convinced them to leave me in the will left in the will.... the whole 9 yards.
At what point was sin?
When you acted on your plan.

Jul 10, 2018
Fair enough but in the post I do mean sexual attraction. I should have said that.
That's without the sexual thoughts, like when I see a girl and think to myself "Oh she's cute!" doesn't mean sexual thoughts. Key word: Attraction.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
The thought arising is an issue that needs given to GOD. But the idea appearing in our heads is not the sin. It is when we entertain it and do not put into subjection with a get behind me Satan; thus saith the LORD it is sin.

To them that know to do good and do it not; to them it is sin.
Once a person has thought the thought they have already sinned..
Why do people seek to justify themselves?
Why not just acknowledge ones sins and have them all atoned for by the Blood of the LORD Jesus Christ?
It is so easy to be saved.. So So easy.. Why do people want to resist Gods Gift of salvation so much?
Just for the sake of pride and self justification..

Surender to the Word and all will be well..

T

theanointedsinner

for those who surrendered, anything less than the presence of God will offends like blasphemy

for those who haven't the idea of surrendering can be as scary as offering one's body to the flames (1 Cor 13:3)

with this knowledge as both can step in each other's shoes, how can those who surrendered, lead those who haven't?