Is The Book of Enoch/Jasper True or False?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is The Book of Enoch/Jasper True or False?

• Enoch is true but Jasper/Yasper is false

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Enoch is false but Jasper/Yasper is true

• Enoch is true but Jasper/Yasper is a bit false

• Enoch is false but Jasper/Yasper is bit true

• Both are fully true

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Both are fully false

• Both are very false and a bit true

• Both are very true and a bit false

• They don't truly exist

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
J

jaybird88

It is possible that the book of Enoch (or 1 Enoch) is pseudepigraphical, meaning that someone other than Enoch wrote that book.
i think the teachings came from Enoch. not sure if it was Enoch that wrote down the words.
i dont think books like Enoch were ever meant to be written down in the first place. most of those people in the old times, from what i have studied, preferred to hold the teachings orally and the teachings were only preserved by those that were truly worthy. a translator or scribe that doesnt even believe could very easily copy a scripture.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
I've never heard of the book of Jasper. There is a book of Jasher. I assume you mean this.

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
IMO just because its not of the canon does not mean its not considered scripture. in those days they had higher levels of learning, Enoch would have been of the next level. like when Jesus was asked about why he spoke to the crowds in parables.
Careful man! Don't let those "inerrant/infallible" 'Ol timey "Religionists", or KJV onliers, among others, hearing you say that!

You're apt to get "pigeon holed", as teaching false gospels, or doctrines of demons, a wolf in sheeps clothing, you'll become!

Cuz, as we all know?

If it AIN'T IN "The Canon?" God DIDN'T Say it! :p:p:p

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
Careful man! Don't let those "inerrant/infallible" 'Ol timey "Religionists", or KJV onliers, among others, hearing you say that!

You're apt to get "pigeon holed", as teaching false gospels, or doctrines of demons, a wolf in sheeps clothing, you'll become!

Cuz, as we all know?

If it AIN'T IN "The Canon?" God DIDN'T Say it! :p:p:p
Yes even though our Protestant OT Canon was copied from the deliberations of a group of Christ rejecting Jews in the second Century.
Some books including the Apocrypha were rejected because they were used by Christians! Some of those that did make it were edited so that any hint of Jesus being the Messiah was avoided.

JimmieD

Apr 11, 2014
Is The Book of Enoch/Jasper True or False, or a bit of both?
Well, since the solar year isn't 364 days and since this discrepancy wasn't caused by stars who were angels that rebelled against God, then it looks pretty wrong to me. That or the angel Uriel didn't know the motion of planets around the sun.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
It is possible that the book of Enoch (or 1 Enoch) is pseudepigraphical, meaning that someone other than Enoch wrote that book.
I agree. Being as Enoch was before the flood, I believe this book was just exploiting a name held in reverence. Jude's reference to a saying of Enoch was most likely an oral pass down by Jews. I only read part of each book before the Spirit showed me glaring falsehoods that convinced me they are fakes. Their main purpose is to belittle God's power. :cool: