Is The Earth Flat Or Round?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is The Earth Flat Or Round?

• Total voters

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
If the earth if flat it would seem like we would be pulled to the middle of the earth but on a round earth no matter where you stand you have the same amount of earth under you so gravity keeps us in place.
'gravity' - as you have been taught - does not exist in the FE model.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Any 3D shape - having length, width, and height/depth - has a center. It does not have to be a sphere for it to have a center.
do you believe the grave is the north pole?

Isaskar

Nov 13, 2021
It is a Globe, of course. The Prophet Isaiah said this, and the Lord Jesus Himself confirmed it when He said He would be in the "Heart of the Earth" for 3 days. The Heart of the Earth is the Center of the Globe.

Isa 40:22: "It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers, Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in."

Mat 12:40: "For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."
Isaiah 40:22 doesn't exactly prove the NASA claims, rather it proves the biblical circle of the earth. Which would be like a disk, you can't look down on something and its grasshoppers if it's a globe. What about the pillars? Here is the biblical model:

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Flat and round are not in conflict, since coins are flat and round. However, flat or spherical/globular would be in contrast to each other. The earth is a globe, and the sundial of Hezekiah in the Bible proves this.
Forget the science books for a second, maybe a better question would be, do you believe the earth is in orbit around the sun or is the sun orbiting the earth? Scripture seems to indicate the latter. Yes?

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
I can’t tell if some of you are trolling or not but I also can’t believe that this is a thing in year 2022.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Isaiah 40:22 doesn't exactly prove the NASA claims, rather it proves the biblical circle of the earth. Which would be like a disk, you can't look down on something and its grasshoppers if it's a globe. What about the pillars? Here is the biblical model:

“for the pillars of the earth are the Lord's, and he hath set the world upon them”

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
A question, yet again, to those who believe in a North-centric flat Earth (NCFE; a disc with the "North pole" at the centre):

Why is it that the Sun, which is never at nadir (directly overhead) farther South than 23.3 degrees (the Tropic of Capricorn) can cast a Northward shadow in Sydney, Australia, which is at 33.8 degrees South? The physics of the NCFE model forbid this, yet reality presents it.

Sydney Opera House Sunrise.jpg

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Why is it that the Sun, which is never at nadir (directly overhead) farther South than 23.3 degrees (the Tropic of Capricorn) can cast a Northward shadow in Sydney, Australia, which is at 33.8 degrees South? The physics of the NCFE model forbid this, yet reality presents it.
......ow, ow, ow, ow......... u make my head hurt.....

saddzzz.gif

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
This Is a poll to find out If the community believes that the Earth Is flat or Round?
I believe it is both - flat and round like a coin. Not round like a ball. Kent Hovid, famous creationist debater (who could debate any atheist and win, 'cause he is right), backed away in fear from debating the late Rob Skiba on this topic using only scripture (because Kent is wrong on this one - the Earth is flat).

I think the Yin Yang symbol (below) came from how the day follows night follows day on the Flat Earth.

yinyang.jpg

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I think the Yin Yang symbol (below) came from how the day follows night follows day on the Flat Earth.

View attachment 241037
Did you do any homework at all on the subject before posting your opinion? Or, as a flat-earther, are you merely exemplifying the scholarship of your position?

J

joecoten

I'd like to know what Skiba really died from.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Did you do any homework at all on the subject before posting your opinion? Or, as a flat-earther, are you merely exemplifying the scholarship of your position?
Do tell. :)

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
The Earth is a slightly oblate sphere. We live in three created spatial dimensions not two.
If the Earth was flat, your head would be flat as well.
If the Earth was flat there would be no sunrise or sunset. There wouldn't be any time zones.
It would be all dark or all light everywhere at the same time. The evidence is overwhelming.
If you think The Earth is flat, you need to get out more.

Nov 26, 2021
India

I recommend this one hour youtube video on the subject: "Flat Earth, Flat wrong" by Hovind and Sungenis.