Is The Earth Flat Or Round?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is The Earth Flat Or Round?

• Total voters

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
Again, you demonstrate your ignorance of the subject.
Since I have heard it said countless times that believing is the same thing as faith, then if they believe the earth is flat are you saying that having faith is ignorance?

Faith without substance is hope, however hope with substance is not faith without evidence for the hope.

Your body cannot be supported by the air which you are traveling thru on your way to the ground.

So why doesn't my globe fall to the desk instead of remain suspended in air?

Aug 2, 2021
Since I have heard it said countless times that believing is the same thing as faith, then if they believe the earth is flat are you saying that having faith is ignorance?

Faith without substance is hope, however hope with substance is not faith without evidence for the hope.

So why doesn't my globe fall to the desk instead of remain suspended in air?
Magnetic fields and your magnet with the mini globe inside are currently situated upon the ground with the mini globe suspended by magnetic fields.

Water and weight/mass destroys the falsehood of 'theory of gravity'

Peace and remember that this in no way is a salvation requirement which only comes by Faith in the shed Blood of Christ and His Word.

This is an issue of exposing the deception of globalism and it's agenda for the world.

Peace

Aug 2, 2021
you are confused if you think you are making any sense by applying salvation to the discussion in this thread

and leading others into confusion as well

I would like to say more but everything would be along the lines of the fact I am almost incredulous you try to make those who do not believe in a flat earth as disobedient to God and living in darkness.

so you have no excuse then

and I'm not going to debate, argue or repent either. there is no need for me to do any of that. you use religion to insult and try to belittle....please note I said RELIGION

smh
AGREE - Globe earth is a satanic deception and a religion that is similiar to Roman Catholocism.

Please update yourself of Alister Crowley, Hubbard, Jack Parsons and others who ran/inluenced NASA.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Believing is not the same thing as faith.

Faith is believing something without being able to know by direct observation. I have faith that I will rise again to eternal life because Jesus has done so. However, I have not observed His resurrection or ascension.

Believing that the Earth is flat is not in the same category at all.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Yes, and it is curved just as the Dome over the earth is.

Let us not forget Who created the rainbow and for what it's purpose and design signifies and reflects upon.

"And after seven days the floodwaters came upon the earth. In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, on the seventeenth day of the second month, all the fountains of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened. "
Gen ch7
Yes, God gave the sign of the rainbow. The text does not say that He created it at that time, nor what the design signifies.

Further, your quotation proves nothing regarding your incorrect assertion.

CS1

May 23, 2012
I drove from Rhode Island to CA and the road was flat but they did turn left and right and did go up and down.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
You keep referring to a unproven theory as if it is a law of physics = globalist indoctrination.
Nothing is provable to the person whose mind is shut.

Gravity does not exist and never did but the Laws of Physics exist according to the Law Giver which is Christ.
Do you mean the laws that you are unable to articulate and clearly have not studied?

Again, you need to dwell on the factual Truth of water and weight/mass.
Meaningless, ignorant blather.

No need for us to agree now, just to dwell on the pure truth of water, weight/mass.
More of the same.

oyster67

May 24, 2014

I drove from Rhode Island to CA and the road was flat but they did turn left and right and did go up and down.
That is insane! Since the earth is flat, you should not have encountered that roller coaster effect...

Aug 2, 2021
Yes, God gave the sign of the rainbow. The text does not say that He created it at that time, nor what the design signifies.

Further, your quotation proves nothing regarding your incorrect assertion.
i believe HE created rainbow after the Great Flood = Genesis 9:8--17

Then God spoke to Noah and to his sons with him, saying: 9“And as for Me, behold, I establish My covenant with you and with your descendants after you, 10and with every living creature that is with you: the birds, the cattle, and every beast of the earth with you, of all that go out of the ark, every beast of the earth. 11Thus I establish My covenant with you: Never again shall all flesh be cut off by the waters of the flood; never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth.”

12And God said: “This is the sign of the covenant which I make between Me and you, and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: 13I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. 14It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud; 15and I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. 16The rainbow shall be in the cloud, and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.” 17And God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant which I have established between Me and all flesh that is on the earth.”

IMHO - The rainbow reflects the truth of the firmament that separates the waters above = thus its creation and meaning to us on earth.

Aug 2, 2021
Have you been smoking again, Dave?
Last time i did it was 1979.

Could it be a lingering effect?
or
was it due to listening to Pink Floyd 'Comfortably Numb' with headphones in 1978

Aug 2, 2021
Nothing is provable to the person whose mind is shut.

Do you mean the laws that you are unable to articulate and clearly have not studied?

Meaningless, ignorant blather.

More of the same.
Well, i'd rather be blissfully engaged in the Laws governing the earth set forth by the Lord and proven by Water/Weight/Mass then to be enraptured by a 'theory' that was created by globalists who are void of Truth.

Of course, only His Precious Blood cleanses us from all sin - Amen

PS - When i speak of globalists i am only referring to the unsaved.

Peace Brother

Last time i did it was 1979.

Could it be a lingering effect?
or
was it due to listening to Pink Floyd 'Comfortably Numb' with headphones in 1978
o_Oo_O was one of my favorite groups. Praise God for deliverance...

Aug 2, 2021
When you went up, did you eventually come back down?

Why does a balloon filled with helium float? Is it due to secret anti-gravity technology?

Why does water always seek it's own level 24/7 everywhere on earth?

Has anyone ever proven that water bends around a sphere and remains level at all places covering the sphere all at the same time?

What causes boats to float? Trully amazing anti-garvity technology or just the truth of Laws of Physics created by the Creator?

How come the water under the boat does not rush off the planet when the boat mysteriously drops below the horizon (haha)?

Aug 2, 2021
o_Oo_O was one of my favorite groups. Praise God for deliverance...

1980 = I was lost in sin driving around in my 1970 GTO listening to AC/DC "I'm on the highway to hell"

Yeah, the LORD definitely saved me...........Amen

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
AGREE - Globe earth is a satanic deception and a religion that is similiar to Roman Catholocism.

Please update yourself of Alister Crowley, Hubbard, Jack Parsons and others who ran/inluenced NASA.
and, here we go- can't be a Christian if you believe in a round earth.

sad.

1980 = I was lost in sin driving around in my 1970 GTO listening to AC/DC "I'm on the highway to hell"

Yeah, the LORD definitely saved me...........Amen
68 chevy impala with a 327...anything went. Praise Him those days are behind!!