Is The Earth Flat Or Round?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is The Earth Flat Or Round?

• Total voters

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
My comment was directed towards Gary, because Gary has taken quite a beating for questioning the Heliocentric model.
My question was simply see if your really believe that people who don't believe the sun is the center of the universe are illiterate and came from many generations of inbreeding, I had never heard that. I thought the illiterate ones that came from many generations of inbreeding were the ones who claim something is the truth yet can't cite the basis for their expectation that it the truth.

but you can believe Neil deGrasse, if you want.
Yes I can.
I think Neil deGrasse is wrong in this point.
I believe you are right.
God is in the center of the universe
Well, it is written that God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him
It will be impossible to prove Neil or kinda wrong,
Neil who?

lonelysummer

Nov 30, 2022
I was thinking of taking an airplane, so I could see for myself if the earth was flat or round.

Bad call.

I will never try to steal an airplane again.

:D:D:D

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I would be interested in your astute analysis. Please regale us will you?

Make it as complex as you wish. I am emotionally and intellectually prepared ;)
What I meant by this was that I am more interested in an explanation of the implied suggestion that that video was somehow supposed to end the "argument" (post #3059) which is the thread title question. After all, was it not indicated [to be] an original "claim" of sorts...?

Since there are some on here who are always touting that the "original claim" has the highest obligation to give an explanation - I will wait my turn. :geek:

Let there be a sufficient ('detailed') explanation for the original claim first - then, we can move on to alternative views - perhaps even by picking apart the original 'detailed' explanation... :D
I am [simply] tired of seeing this same scenario repeat over-and-over:

1. Ball Earth person makes claim/statement that they think supports the Ball Earth model.
2. Flat Earth person makes comment/remark with regard to Ball Earth person's claim/statement.
3. Ball Earth people come-out-of-the-woodwork and demand that the Flat Earth person should defend/explain their comment/remark - when, the Ball Earth person who make the initial claim/statement has not made any explanation for it whatsoever.

Well - "I don't think so." - let the Ball Earth person who made the initial claim/statement do some defending/explaining!
I am waiting for you to 'regale' the rest of us with a detailed explanation of how that video answers the thread title question. After that, I will be more than happy to point out what I believe is the single most glaring obvious thing about the video that, in my opinion, makes it worthless in trying to answer the thead title question.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
I am waiting for you to 'regale' the rest of us with a detailed explanation of how that video answers the thread title question. After that, I will be more than happy to point out what I believe is the single most glaring obvious thing about the video that, in my opinion, makes it worthless in trying to answer the thead title question.
How about we call a truce, go home and enjoy croissants and espresso?

Dec 9, 2011
My question was simply see if your really believe that people who don't believe the sun is the center of the universe are illiterate and came from many generations of inbreeding, I had never heard that. I thought the illiterate ones that came from many generations of inbreeding were the ones who claim something is the truth yet can't cite the basis for their expectation that it the truth.

Yes I can.

I believe you are right.

Well, it is written that God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him

Neil who?
You should vote In the poll.☝️🤗

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
How about we call a truce, go home and enjoy croissants and espresso?
Sure - why not - of course... :) :coffee:

More than anything, I am just trying to make a point about when [some] Ball Earth people have a double-standard attitude with regard to the requirement to explain or prove what they believe. They are so sure that what they have been taught "must be true" that they never question it or examine it more closely to see if it really is true. And, for some strange reason, they believe it should simply be assumed-and-accepted-by-all as the 'gospel truth' - which it is not.

Just because most people believe something doesn't automatically make it true - we all know this. We all need to be careful not to get caught up in "easy-assumption" opinions and declarations based on "well-established" [so-called] "facts" about the world we live in - a great deal of what we have been taught to believe simply isn't true.

Most people do not realize just how well they have been "trained" to "not see" some of the most painfully-obvious in-your-face right-under-your-nose things.

I will now tell you anyway at least some of what I was talking about earlier - because, I want you to be able to learn how to "look past" your "brainwashing" enough to see some things "hidden in plain view" in every-day life.

In the video - if that was the "curvature of the earth", then the Florida peninsula wraps half-way around the 'globe'. :eek:

Did you notice just how large of an area of the 'globe' was occupied by such a small portion of the Florida coastline?

You would have to be much further out in space to see an arc that tight in radius. And then - you would see whole continents, etc. on the face of the 'globe'.

If I remember correctly - in the Felix Baumgartner jump video - a not-too-large section of New Mexico "filled the whole earth" - so, you know you were not actually looking at the whole earth. Instead, it was merely a much more close-up footage "bent" and wrapped around a ball shape. It was not true-to-life real actual unmodified footage.

Try to remember - every time you see the "curvature of the earth" displayed for you in some picture/video - look to see what the world (on that scale) is being "filled" with - is it really [just] a small close-up section of landscape?

If you don't see a proper arrangement of appropriate-sized continents with recognizable shapes - it should be fully scrutinized, to say the least.

Did you notice that the thruster action to start the rocket body to move was pointing in the same direction as the movement instead of the opposite direction?

Did you notice that there was no thruster action to stop the rocket body from moving?

Do you understand just how uncharacteristic the sudden-start-and-stop movement really is?

The result of such a thruster action in space would not be so immediate as something like a steel pole against a brick wall. You cannot start and stop the turning motion of a rocket body "on a dime" and "in quick time" in space in a way that results in what you see in the video.

I saw all of this - and more - in real time - the first time I watched the video.

To someone who knows what they are looking at - it is utterly ridiculous and laughable.

I have no doubt that the video was made purely and simply to reinforce what most people already believe. Most people are too caught up in the "awe" of it to notice the "glaring in-your-face laws-of-physics-defying stupidity of it" - that may easily be seen upon exercising real critical thinking and careful analysis.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
It is much easier to avoid being manipulated when you know you are being manipulated (or, that the attempt is being made to manipulate you).

If you don't believe that is possible - you will be manipulated "to the hilt" until the day you die...

(Or, until you swallow your pride and change your attitude about it.)

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Please keep in mind @cv5 that I am saying all of this "to the crowd" - not making a target of you. :)

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I have no doubt that the video was made purely and simply to reinforce what most people already believe.
And, this kind of thing happens every day in TV commericals, sitcoms, movies, magazines, billboards, and 1000 other places - in order to keep you in the "dream world" they want you in so that you will remain 'asleep'. All of us are inundated with GLOBE GLOBE GLOBE GLOBE GLOBE GLOBE GLOBE GLOBE GLOBE GLOBE - along with certain other words and catch-phrases - in every possible place - as often as possible - to constantly direct and keep our attention focused on a fake reality in a way that we will be inclined to believe.

It is a real thing - believe it or not...

If you are inclined to not believe it is real - then, you are "fast asleep in the MATRIX" and not 'awake'.

Those who do believe it - have "escaped the MATRIX" and are 'awake' - they see the world as it really is.

Unfortunately, most people seem to be still asleep; albeit, the C19 episode has awakend many to the truth.

I hope that I am wrong about 'most' at this point in time - it would be really good if most people were 'awake'.

Dec 21, 2020
And, this kind of thing happens every day in TV commericals, sitcoms, movies, magazines, billboards, and 1000 other places - in order to keep you in the "dream world" they want you in so that you will remain 'asleep'. All of us are inundated with GLOBE GLOBE GLOBE GLOBE GLOBE GLOBE GLOBE GLOBE GLOBE GLOBE - along with certain other words and catch-phrases - in every possible place - as often as possible - to constantly direct and keep our attention focused on a fake reality in a way that we will be inclined to believe.

It is a real thing - believe it or not...

If you are inclined to not believe it is real - then, you are "fast asleep in the MATRIX" and not 'awake'.

Those who do believe it - have "escaped the MATRIX" and are 'awake' - they see the world as it really is.

Unfortunately, most people seem to be still asleep; albeit, the C19 episode has awakend many to the truth.

I hope that I am wrong about 'most' at this point in time - it would be really good if most people were 'awake'.
One day you'll wake up...

lonelysummer

Nov 30, 2022
When you gonna wake up,
When you gonna wake up,
When you gonna wake up,
Strengthen the things that remain...

MessengerofTruth

Dec 21, 2022
So all this talk about "a personal relationship with Jesus" is false. There's no one on one, personal relationship with Jesus; just the study of the Bible, and the Holy Spirit "speaking" to your heart.
This explains why you can have 10 Biblical experts in a room together, each with a different INTERPRETATION of scripture; each with an INTERPRETATION of what God wants me to do with my life. And I'm told I must have DISCERNMENT to know who among them speaks the truth.
No wonder there is so much confusion in the world.
I'm sorry you don't know Him like that. You are missing out. If I did not have a personal intimate relationship with Him I would not know what to do...

I hope you will seek to have that intimate relationship with all your heart, That's when you find Him. :)

lonelysummer

Nov 30, 2022
I'm sorry you don't know Him like that. You are missing out. If I did not have a personal intimate relationship with Him I would not know what to do...

I hope you will seek to have that intimate relationship with all your heart, That's when you find Him. :)
So you are contradicting what others have stated here? There is a relationship? Or just reading a book written thousands of years ago? So you hear the voice of Jesus when he talks to you? I wonder what his voice sounds like. Does he have an accent or something? Is it a booming, powerful voice, or a soft, gentle voice? And you can ask him questions and he answers you directly? I'd love to have that kind of one on one relationship with God.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
So you are contradicting what others have stated here? There is a relationship? Or just reading a book written thousands of years ago? So you hear the voice of Jesus when he talks to you? I wonder what his voice sounds like. Does he have an accent or something? Is it a booming, powerful voice, or a soft, gentle voice? And you can ask him questions and he answers you directly? I'd love to have that kind of one on one relationship with God.
You can. I have that kind of relationship with Him. I don't hear Him with my ears, but I do hear Him clearly... most of the time. ;)

lonelysummer

Nov 30, 2022
You can. I have that kind of relationship with Him. I don't hear Him with my ears, but I do hear Him clearly... most of the time. ;)
So you don't actually hear him; you just get thoughts. Correct?