Is the entire Bible the infallible inerrant Word of God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 8, 2009
It means women will find fulfillment in their duties as child-bearers and mothers and wives, rather than usurping authority over the man. That is the immediate context of the whole passage. It most probably doesn't have anything to do with the woman's spiritual salvation, that would contradict salvation by grace through faith alone, ...but it could mean physical salvation, that the woman if she continues in faith and piety and holiness will not die during child-birth, but somehow be protected by God.

G

greatkraw

It means women will find fulfillment in their duties as child-bearers and mothers and wives, rather than usurping authority over the man. That is the immediate context of the whole passage. It most probably doesn't have anything to do with the woman's spiritual salvation, that would contradict salvation by grace through faith alone, ...but it could mean physical salvation, that the woman if she continues in faith and piety and holiness will not die during child-birth, but somehow be protected by God.
You are quite right Snail

Women can only be genuinely happy when they have a man in their life to care for and call Lord just as Sarah did Abraham:)

G

Graybeard

You are quite right Snail

Women can only be genuinely happy when they have a man in their life to care for and call Lord just as Sarah did Abraham:)
just one correction..lord..not Lord

WomanLovesTX

Jan 1, 2010
I believe that we are focusing on the wrong thing with many of the verses about women. Every one of the verses are dealing with the relationship between the church and the marriage relationship. These are the principles that I draw from them:
1. That the husband and wife are to serve each other, the husband as Christ served the church and the wife as the church serves Christ. In this area, I believe that the burden is greater on the husband and that there is much grace toward the woman.
2. That adult men should not mentor adult women and adult women should not mentor adult men. In the case where ministry occurs between sexes, such as with Priscilla and Aquila teaching Apollos, there must be the oversight of one of the proper sex.
3. That the ministry of men and women must not bring shame to the marriage relationship.
4. That the authority of men within the church cannot supplant the authority of a husband in a marriage relationship.
5. That both young and old can choose not to marry, as long as they can do so decently.
6. That faith must be taken into account when marriage is considered.

Well put. Since this discussion has a similar thread regarding Joyce Meyer, I am going to repost here my reply from there.

12 But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet.13 For it was Adam who was first created , and then Eve.14 And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.15 But women will be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self -restraint. 1 Tim 2:12-15 (NASB)

I agree, the Word is for yesterday, today and forever. Reading Titus 2 we are reminded the way men of God are to behave. Also says men are to teach the older women (yes husbands teach their wives and lead in work and church and home) ....to teach what is good, then they (the women) can teach the younger women to love their husbands, children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God. (Call us for what we obviously are -HYPOCRITES.) And who did Jesus call hypocrites? Yep, those who changed, added and deleted from God's laws. The only law that was done away with was the law of sacrifices that the Isarelites were required to do for sin, because John 3:16.

God is the author of government. Men are to be leaders!! Women teach women and children.

Woman is out of her designed purpose to have authority over her husband or men who are in the church. If there is no man to preach and teach, then there is something very wrong with our men. Men teach men to be leaders. Men are not followers of women. Husbands are given very direct orders by Paul (who speaks in authority for our Lord).

How can I say this? Because I was asked in a well known denomination to teach. I agreed to only substitute because I knew it was wrong for a woman to teach men. A man should have stepped up to the plate and been the one substituting that Bible Study. I have no problem and feel called to teach the Bible to children, women, both married and single. Little boys are not prohibited from a woman to teach, but there better be a man in the children's lives, someone who is a dad figure. There is only one perfect Father and we call Him Abba (dada). Men are all CALLED but not all respond. Why is this? I believe I understand the answer to this...for God allowed the hardness of heart and He is not the author of CONFUSION. God states the perfect way because He wants only the best for His children. And our choices and actions have good and bad consequences. But the GOOD NEWS is God knew we could never be blameless, thus because God loved us so much, He sent His one and only Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. We can't fix the world, that is God's job. He has already given us the end of this age story. Now go and live as good children. Do as Christ: SHOW THE WAY, TELL THE WAY, LIVE THE WAY AND DIE THE WAY.

Jan 8, 2009
From observation I find that women who don't usurp authority over man are more trustworthy and faithful and less promiscuous.

WomanLovesTX

Jan 1, 2010

From personal knowledge, my grandmother was a true Christian and she died during childbirth of her 4th child. This was in 1934. Her name is Pearl and she was a real pearl.

J

j_tyson

Matt 5:18 "For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled." Jesus promised that the smallest parts of the Bible would be preserved! Jesus quoted the Old Testament. If it's good enough for the savior, it's good enough for me!

M

machew

I have trouble believing Paul was correct when he told women not to speak in church and that wives should submit to the wills of their husbands.

Verse like that need to be read exegetically taking into account the cultural and historical context. During this time most women were uneducated and were not in any position to lead or to take a position as a leader in the church. It had nothing to do with gender, but with the fact that women of that culture were not recognized as decision makers of the time, and it was in fact offensive in that culture for a woman to teach or give orders to a man. The hermeneutic principle that we can gain from this, is that not everyone should be in a teaching or leadership position in the church just because of association with a leader or because they want to be, regardless of gender.

Jan 8, 2009
Verse like that need to be read exegetically taking into account the cultural and historical context. During this time most women were uneducated and were not in any position to lead or to take a position as a leader in the church. It had nothing to do with gender, but with the fact that women of that culture were not recognized as decision makers of the time, and it was in fact offensive in that culture for a woman to teach or give orders to a man. The hermeneutic principle that we can gain from this, is that not everyone should be in a teaching or leadership position in the church just because of association with a leader or because they want to be, regardless of gender.
The thing is though, that the reasoning Paul gives for not allowing female teachers is NOT because of cultural reasons, but because Adam was created before Eve and Eve was deceived:

1Ti 2:13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
1Ti 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

It's a very hard one to dispute.

Feb 9, 2010
If God wants fellowship with man why would He go through an evolution process and wait for man to develope.God did not create the angels by an evolution process.If God can replace eyes like Jesus did and cause people to walk that were maimed like Jesus did then He can create a human all together whole and not by an evolution process.

That means God can take matter and atoms and form them in to whatever He wants.God has no beginning and before God created anything the physical world consisted of matter and atoms and God took that and formed what He wanted with it.

What God created on earth we can take and make things.

I do not believe in evolution because it is not possible that things could have happened that way and that takes intelligence to realize that where people who believe in evolution cannot see that and are the ones who are really not thinking intelligently.

There is a guy named Carl Baugh who used to believe in evolution but as he studied it through the years he realized it did not make sense but it made sense by his studies that things came about in a short time and not by a long evolutionary process.
But I do not go by what he says but I believe evolution is a joke.If you look at everything it is so uniform and in order and there are so many different species of trees,plants,animals,insects,people etc. that there is no way evolution would be that creative.

Matt

Feb 9, 2010
I have read through the Bible and I did not find any problem with it but it makes sense.
I believe in a God and if He left a book for people it would definitely be the Holy Bible.I believe the Bible is God's word to mankind.

Matt

Feb 19, 2010
*shrug* I don't know.

Do I believe it is? Yes.

Do I KNOW it is? No, I don't know if it really is or not.