Is the law of Moses set aside?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

SomeDisciple

Jul 4, 2021
8But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; 9Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 10For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine; 11According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

Duckybill

Aug 16, 2021
8But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; 9Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 10For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine; 11According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.
I'll take the New Covenant given to us by the Blood of Jesus. The Law is HORRIFYING!

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Gentiles have NEVER been under the Law of Moses.
sinners have all violated the law however and are guilty by it

“For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

(for not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)
‭‭Romans‬ ‭2:12-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

when anyone kills someone our conscience understands it’s wrong and against the law . We hide what we’ve done , flee and dispose of the evidence , deny ever being around the victim ect

we do that because in man we know it’s sin to kill. When we’ve robbed a house we wipe our prints away and get out so. IMO e sees us in the neighborhood, we’re hiding these things because we know what we’re doing is against the law we even understand there is punishment involved with the crime.

mostly besides psychopathy , and delusionary issues people have a pretty keen conscience but we don’t always listen .

It’s against , stealing , lying cheating ,killing ,violence adultery and fornication ect but the more we don’t listen, the less volume that voice has in our mind and heart, less influence on our decisions.

the conscience is like the laws righteousness written in the person inside when I kill ,lie , cheat, and steal I can’t say “I didn’t know it wasn’t wrong because I want under the law “ we know right and wrong we just don’t always choose right

“Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law:

that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭3:19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Israel the chosen had to break the law and be made guilty as all other nations were , to bring the gospel and salvstion to all nations that actually are called of god to belong to him and his kingdom

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Galatians 3:10 (NKJV)
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse;

And that AIN'T good!
Every human faces death if they don't have Christ, if you accept Christ then you can be cleansed from your sin. That is the good news and it is good.

We love the Lord who gives us salvation, and that means that we listen to his law and want to obey him all we can manage. To say that if we listen as God give us his law, the law God put in our hearts and mind, it a terrible distortion of the truth.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
The law of Moses was given in stone. Stone is lasting and true, but it is without love. It could be obeyed by the letter of the law rather than the spirit of the law, or with love. It was of the earth, even the blessings obedience brought were fleshly blessing of such as good crops. It was weak.

The Lord changed the law from being in stone to being in our hearts. We are told in Jeremiah 31:33 “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time,”declares the Lord. I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.” This applies to all people who accept Christ. The law is no longer in stone, but the law is in our hearts.

The law is now changed from a weak law to a law with the spirit of love, a powerful law.

Jesus gave us the base of the true law of the Lord. "Jesus answered him," Love God, your God, with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. " (Matthew 22:37)

John 1:17 For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ.
You asked if the Law of Moses was set aside….:unsure:

The answer is NO, the Law of Moses was NOT set aside….. It was FULFILLED IN CHRIST THE MESSIAH - The Human Fulfillment of the Law of Moses.

Those that BELIEVE in Jesus Christ as Savior have received the Human Fulfillment of the Law as a Gift of Salvation! Amen Hallelujah!!!

The next coming of Christ will be KING!

Duckybill

Aug 16, 2021
Every human faces death if they don't have Christ, if you accept Christ then you can be cleansed from your sin. That is the good news and it is good.

We love the Lord who gives us salvation, and that means that we listen to his law and want to obey him all we can manage. To say that if we listen as God give us his law, the law God put in our hearts and mind, it a terrible distortion of the truth.
"His law"?

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
I'll take the New Covenant given to us by the Blood of Jesus. The Law is HORRIFYING!
In the new covenant, the law is written on the heart. Would God write it on your heart if it is horrifying? The law is spiritual and good.

Don't fall into the trap of making the law void because of grace.

Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
Rom 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Rom 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Those that BELIEVE in Jesus Christ as Savior have received the Human Fulfillment of the Law as a Gift of Salvation! Amen Hallelujah!!!
In regard to the Ten commandments, He, Christ fulfilled the law, as well as the other laws. true i agree.

But does that mean that we can continue in sin? Can we now disregard the 10 commandments and steal, kill, or take the lords name in vain, because Jesus kept it perfectly and has given His life to forgive our sins?

Do we make void the law because of faith in Jesus?

Duckybill

Aug 16, 2021
In the new covenant, the law is written on the heart. Would God write it on your heart if it is horrifying? The law is spiritual and good.

Don't fall into the trap of making the law void because of grace.

Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
Rom 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Rom 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
You'd better read the Law. Try the curse in Deut 28.

Jesusfollower

Oct 21, 2021
jamaica
No Scripture? Of course not.
No Scripture? Of course not.
Good morning Duckybill,

I gave the scripture references in my previous post no 19. I mentioned this to you in my last reply to you i believe. You cannot contradict what Jesus son of GOD clearly said, it was very clear.

Blessings.

JF

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
You'd better read the Law. Try the curse in Deut 28.

tms is Hebrew Roots, a belief system that says one must accept Christ as Savior, and also keep the Law, Sabbath and O.T. festival days to be saved.

May 22, 2020
In regard to the Ten commandments, He, Christ fulfilled the law, as well as the other laws. true i agree.

But does that mean that we can continue in sin? Can we now disregard the 10 commandments and steal, kill, or take the lords name in vain, because Jesus kept it perfectly and has given His life to forgive our sins?

Do we make void the law because of faith in Jesus?
Absolutely not!!
God's law is and will remain in effect until His second coming.

New age religion efforts attempt to degrade God's standard of righteousness....... continues.

It is not just 10 commandments....at least 50, including the 10........and counting.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
tms is Hebrew Roots, a belief system that says one must accept Christ as Savior, and also keep the Law, Sabbath and O.T. festival days to be saved.
That is a “different” gospel. (Galatians 1:6-9; Galatians 2:16; Philippians 3:9)

Jan 14, 2021
But does that mean that we can continue in sin? Can we now disregard the 10 commandments
I think it is fair to say that certain interpretations of the law can be disregarded. And that is not necessarily sinful.

Jan 14, 2021
Absolutely not!!
God's law is and will remain in effect until His second coming.

New age religion efforts attempt to degrade God's standard of righteousness....... continues.

It is not just 10 commandments....at least 50, including the 10........and counting.
Is physical circumcision required? Why or why not?

May 22, 2020
Is physical circumcision required? Why or why not?

I conclude you mean under the NC and not the OC...your question.
For sanctification no (Jewish..yes). Cleanliness...yes.
(I would need to study...but, I don't remember it being required under the OC...not sure...just A Jewish custom..perhaps???)

Duckybill

Aug 16, 2021
Good morning Duckybill,

I gave the scripture references in my previous post no 19. I mentioned this to you in my last reply to you i believe. You cannot contradict what Jesus son of GOD clearly said, it was very clear.

Blessings.

JF
Are you seriously preaching the Law of Moses to Christians?

Duckybill

Aug 16, 2021
Are you making yourself the judge of GOD your creator? stating that the law is horrifying?
You don't think eating your children is "horrifying? Have you ever read the Law of Moses?

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
This does NOT mean that the Law continues.

This means that we are the proof that the Law was good: the Law protected the people through whom the Seed would come. We who are in Christ are the fulfillment of the Law.

"What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made."

The Seed has come. The Law served its purpose.

It cannot be more clear: Those who want to practice the Law today are to be pitied, not followed.