Is there ANYBODY ...OUT THERE!!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kaylagrl

GraceandTruth may need to work a little on the first half of her moniker, yet so do we in our own lives; 2 Peter 3:18.

Let's not gang up on her and tell others how we feel about her, thumb up all the posts exposing her, keep it going, and try to destroy her on a forum. Keeping the issue going with her and making another post about how you feel about her &c does nothing but wound the other person more and is malignity. I've witnessed some time and again rush into a thread to say things like "Let me guess (who you're talking about)..." when another is giving them "what for," which is only designed to malign the person and exalt self. That's the flesh and nothing less.

We've all said off the wall things, haven't taken a proper stance when we could have, have had our dander up, make attempt to appear nice and sweet only to put an arrow in someone who we deem "___________________ " and make self look humble, or, have just been outright nasty. Note Ephesians 4:32. I consider her a sister, and others on here as brothers and sisters, let's not destroy the girl and try to get her banned. Now, if you feel the need to attack me for this, cast aspersions, please do so in your own mind and not on here.

GraceandTruth, I love you sister, you have some sound doctrine and I appreciate that aspect of your person.

Grace and Truth has not yet spoken to one person in a kind manner that disagrees with her position. I've never tried to get a person banned. But I will speak out when I see people acting this way. It's immature and un-Christlike. It's not just that she dislikes me,but she has blasted every other poster also. She has brought it on herself if others call her out for her actions. An apology would go a long way to all the posters she has given flip and nasty replies to. But I don't see that happening. She has an attitude problem which is evident when you read her responses to posters here.

E

eternally-gratefull

See,I could have just learned from your model behavior. :p Seriously,it's the best way to handle it.
Lol, i have a history in her of waiting to long. I hope i just learned my lesson:p

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Anyone heard of that methodist preacher from the 1800s who would say "lets go outside then!" when someone disagreed with him?

Now thats my kind of preacher. Thats the world I come from. Let the hands go until one has had enough. If you win good, if you lose then you stand up and shake his hand, say you were the better man today. And thats the end of that, its settled.

I wish I could find his name, i want to hear some of his sermons (If someone knows the name of said 1800s preacher let me know) :D Must of been fire and brimstone to the maximum! I still dont know anything about methodists or what they believe! I will look it up
It was George Whitfield.......calvinist :)

Dec 12, 2013
Be careful with making personal accusations when you are not God and do not know the motivation of other men..

Repent and let God judge..
Nice try....it is not false nor unbiblical to judge your erroneous view and or post concerning the parable of the sower.........

It amazes me how many miss the simple truth of the parable and how it accurately defines the 4 possible responses to the word of God in anyone's life......

a. Does not receive and remins lost
b. Receives but no growth, no fruit
c. Receives but choked growth, little fruit
d. Receives, good growth, abundant fruit

The bible supports the above and this is what it teaches in a nut shell......!

J

jaybird88

Not sure how you got stuck on sons of God having the same title as God,

i dont believe a "son of" the Most High is the Most High

im not stuck on it, i was replying to what you posted:

So then, when Yeshua sent out His Disciples to preach on their own and they returned, He asked them who do they think He (Yeshua/Jesus) was? Peter said, the Son of God, the Messiah!! To which Yeshua answered back, flesh and blood have not revealed this "truth" to you but my Father did.
now going by what you bolded, son of the Most High is the Most High, and if this is true makes you wonder why they even bother with the "son of" part being as, according to your logic, its irrelevant. so any way i posted many scriptures concerning the phrase "son of the Most High" where in each case it was not the Most High.

but you have twisted scripture and have made the simple interpretations very muddy. But lower case (s)on's of God is NOT the same as capital (S)on of God. And if you already understand this, and you are just yanking my chain to yank it, you are a NARCISSIST...which makes it impossible for you to even believe there is a God or anyone/anything higher than yourself
!!

Once again, nowhere in this scripture reference does it claim (lower case) (s)on's of God are equal to God. It claims they are equal to the angels, who are (s)on's of God. And these questions you are asking in the mannerism that you are asking them is clearly clinical representation of a Narcissistic mind. It's a good thing you don't go to church close to me, I would rebuke you and turn you over to Satan!!
there is no upper and lower case in the old greek. translaters added the upper case "S"on many years later. BTW adding to the bible is forbidden by the Most High.

K

Kim82

We all here say we are Christians, worship the same God, read the same Bible, but look, if we were having this discussion in real life, it would break out into a fist fight.

I admitted that I don't understand the Bible perfectly, and someone rushed to tell me that my lack of understanding stems from me not having the holy spirit.

But if you people are so knowledgeable and filled with the same holy spirit, why can't you all speak the same exact thing?

Or is it that some of you have incorrect knowledge? But rather than humbling yourselves that you can learn from each other, you get into arguments.

Jan 8, 2019
South Carolina
Since becoming a born again Child of God, some 25 yrs. ago, I have come to understand 1 overriding principle. There isn't a Christian I know, including my wife and children, that believe exactly as I believe, on every doctrine or issue.

So with that in mind, I'd like to see if there is indeed ANYBODY out there that believes everything I do. Or at least someone who comes close. I'm not going to give their doctrinal names.

Here are the fundamentals that I believe every Christian MUST believe and agree on to be considered my brother or sister in the Lord:

1. We are ALL sinners in need of a Savior.

2. Jesus Christ IS that Savior. The ONLY Savior.

3. Jesus IS God in the flesh, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born to a virgin.

4. Jesus was crucified and died to pay our sin debt.

5. God raised Him to life from the dead. ( Believing all this comes by Grace through Faith )

Issues that are probably necessary, but won't discount that person could be my Brethren if they believe differently, because not absolutely certain is vital:

6. The Trinity in the sense that God is 3 distinct persons. ( denying Jesus is God means not a Christian however )

7. Absolutely no works to attain or maintain Salvation.

8. Impossibility of losing Salvation. ( If you spell LOSING, LOOSING, probably not saved! LOL )

9. Water Baptism NOT necessary for Salvation.

10. The Bible is infallible in it's original languages written.

Issues that I am convinced of, but don't believe it affects Salvation to those that think differently.

11. The Church DID NOT replace Israel. They have different promises and destinies, although BOTH are saved by the Blood of Christ.

12. Allegorizing, using as a metaphor, and not taking the Bible literally does violence to Scripture, and leads to all manner of private interpretations. (Obviously there are many figures of speech in Scripture, but the text itself, or obvious context, dictate them)

13. Just as Heaven will be consciously Eternal, Hell will also be conscious eternally.

14. The sons of God in Genesis 6 ARE the fallen angels being held in Tartarus for having sex and procreating with human women, making a hybrid race on a DNA level, mentioned in 2 Peter and Jude.

15. Jesus will reign for a literal 1000 yrs on Earth after the Great Tribulation.

16. God chooses us, none of us would choose Him. He alone gives us the faith to believe, and we would ALL remain dead unless HE ALONE chooses to save us.

17. There will be different rewards given to the saved based on their walk and works on Earth. NOT AFFECTING SALVATION

18. I believe there are still gifts of the Holy Spirit, although talking in tongues is only if there is somebody to understand. Tongues are not necessary to prove indwelling Holy Spirit.

19. There will be a pre-tribulation rapture.

20 Christ's return is imminent.

There are probably a dozen or more issues, but I'm asking if there is a single person who believes even 15 of the 20 I listed. I'd be shocked if there were someone who believed ALL 20.

So. IS THERE ANYBODY >>>> OUT THERE
Thank you so much for posting this. I am a new Christian and I am overwhelmed and confused by all the differences in belief and opinion. I have much to research based on this post!!

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Since becoming a born again Child of God, some 25 yrs. ago, I have come to understand 1 overriding principle. There isn't a Christian I know, including my wife and children, that believe exactly as I believe, on every doctrine or issue.

So with that in mind, I'd like to see if there is indeed ANYBODY out there that believes everything I do. Or at least someone who comes close. I'm not going to give their doctrinal names.

Here are the fundamentals that I believe every Christian MUST believe and agree on to be considered my brother or sister in the Lord:

1. We are ALL sinners in need of a Savior.

2. Jesus Christ IS that Savior. The ONLY Savior.

3. Jesus IS God in the flesh, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born to a virgin.

4. Jesus was crucified and died to pay our sin debt.

5. God raised Him to life from the dead. ( Believing all this comes by Grace through Faith )

Issues that are probably necessary, but won't discount that person could be my Brethren if they believe differently, because not absolutely certain is vital:

6. The Trinity in the sense that God is 3 distinct persons. ( denying Jesus is God means not a Christian however )

7. Absolutely no works to attain or maintain Salvation.

8. Impossibility of losing Salvation. ( If you spell LOSING, LOOSING, probably not saved! LOL )

9. Water Baptism NOT necessary for Salvation.

10. The Bible is infallible in it's original languages written.

Issues that I am convinced of, but don't believe it affects Salvation to those that think differently.

11. The Church DID NOT replace Israel. They have different promises and destinies, although BOTH are saved by the Blood of Christ.

12. Allegorizing, using as a metaphor, and not taking the Bible literally does violence to Scripture, and leads to all manner of private interpretations. (Obviously there are many figures of speech in Scripture, but the text itself, or obvious context, dictate them)

13. Just as Heaven will be consciously Eternal, Hell will also be conscious eternally.

14. The sons of God in Genesis 6 ARE the fallen angels being held in Tartarus for having sex and procreating with human women, making a hybrid race on a DNA level, mentioned in 2 Peter and Jude.

15. Jesus will reign for a literal 1000 yrs on Earth after the Great Tribulation.

16. God chooses us, none of us would choose Him. He alone gives us the faith to believe, and we would ALL remain dead unless HE ALONE chooses to save us.

17. There will be different rewards given to the saved based on their walk and works on Earth. NOT AFFECTING SALVATION

18. I believe there are still gifts of the Holy Spirit, although talking in tongues is only if there is somebody to understand. Tongues are not necessary to prove indwelling Holy Spirit.

19. There will be a pre-tribulation rapture.

20 Christ's return is imminent.

There are probably a dozen or more issues, but I'm asking if there is a single person who believes even 15 of the 20 I listed. I'd be shocked if there were someone who believed ALL 20.

So. IS THERE ANYBODY >>>> OUT THERE
100% on board here. Glad to know you brother.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Yes i know the standard response from people who believe in OSAS.. I have dealt with this topic literally hundereds of times in forums.. Anyone who falls away from Christ never was with Christ in the first place... Thats the standard calvinist response.. But if you are going to fall away from Christ one has to have been with Christ at some stage..

The parable of the sower shows that many receive the Gospel only to later on fall away from the truth..

The Parable and the explanation from Jesus:

Matthew 13: KJV
3 "And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow; {4} And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up: {5} Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth: {6} And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away. {7} And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them: {8} But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold. {9} Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

{10} And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? {11} He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. {12} For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. {13} Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. {14} And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: {15} For this people’s heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. {16} But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. {17} For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

{18} ¶ Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower. {19} When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side. {20} But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it; {21} Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended. {22} He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful. {23} But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty."
The correct description is:

Parable of the Soils

The sower is beyond reproach.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Thank you so much for posting this. I am a new Christian and I am overwhelmed and confused by all the differences in belief and opinion. I have much to research based on this post!!
PennEd is spot on.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
We all here say we are Christians, worship the same God, read the same Bible, but look, if we were having this discussion in real life, it would break out into a fist fight.

I admitted that I don't understand the Bible perfectly, and someone rushed to tell me that my lack of understanding stems from me not having the holy spirit.

But if you people are so knowledgeable and filled with the same holy spirit, why can't you all speak the same exact thing?

Or is it that some of you have incorrect knowledge? But rather than humbling yourselves that you can learn from each other, you get into arguments.
1) it takes a long loooonnngg time to become a knowledgeable disciple
2) false prophets and rubbish teachers abound

K

Kim82

1) it takes a long loooonnngg time to become a knowledgeable disciple
2) false prophets and rubbish teachers abound
Just not understanding why there are so many different interpretation on certain scriptures.

For example, I'm still not sure yet on the matter of divorce and remarriage.

J

jaybird88

But rather than humbling yourselves that you can learn from each other, you get into arguments.
ancient Alexandria was a place like that, Jews, Christians, Druids, even Buddhist from India, all came together and discussed general spirituality and learned from one another, then rome came along and burned that place to the ground and that was the end of that.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Just not understanding
Just not understanding why there are so many different interpretation on certain scriptures.

For example, I'm still not sure yet on the matter of divorce and remarriage.
Divorce is scriptural under certain circumstances. Remarriage is not allowed....until your former partner dies. Anything else and you have wholesale partner swapping.......a huge complaint by God against the Jews.

Beyond that, Christians are never commanded to marry....or have children. Paul says you are better off unmarried. Or don't remarry.

Incidentally......there are only two births noted in the NT. John the Baptist and Christ Jesus. And only one wedding mentioned only in passing.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Its because we are all learning and read the Bible at different speeds. I dont think anybody really has read all the Bible the moment they are saved/born again. Or if they dont even have a Bible, God doesnt reveal everything at once. Its something you have to seek His word and wisdom on.
Thats why everyday, just pray and read the Bible and God will show you more. You cant ask anyone else to interpet the Bible you need the holy spirit to teach you. Because every word of scripture is inspired and its best to ask the Author.

There are also differing Bible translations, and not only that differnt versions in the same language, so when believers compare them there can be discrepencies. And some people rely on commentaries and theologiansa bit too much and this can skew their reading of scripture. They may be bible scholars, but even bible scholars can be mistaken. Some bible scholars are even unbelievers...! I think ok its natural to be skeptical but at some point you have to take what God says on faith and not try and pick holes in everything cos this is the living GOD Almighty we are talking about not something like an idea that man made up, or literature thats fiction. Its the HOLY Bible.

obedienttogod

Jan 3, 2019
i dont believe a "son of" the Most High is the Most High

im not stuck on it, i was replying to what you posted:

If this is because I put Yeshua (Son) equal to the Most High, that is because
(1) the only way to correct sin is by a blood sacrifice. Animals never did fulfill the requirement of God and therefore needed a true sinless requirement in human form. God made Himself human to fulfill His own requirement. Even though He is referred to as the (S)on of God, He still is the same God before He came to us in human form. Therefore, even in the role of (Son) and being the same God, He is equal to the Most High.

(2)He also needed to conquer death to justify His followers (us) to conquer death.

(3)He also needed to resurrect so we are now able to resurrect.

(4)Every requirement needed for God's followers to justifiably leave this life, enter into the next, and be with God for all eternity, He (God)(the Most High)(in human form)(as the Son) did it Himself for us.

now going by what you bolded, son of the Most High is the Most High, and if this is true makes you wonder why they even bother with the "son of" part being as, according to your logic, its irrelevant. so any way i posted many scriptures concerning the phrase "son of the Most High" where in each case it was not the Most High.
It's a teaching lesson first of all. Coming to us in our human form, God was able to personally teach us who God (Himself) is, What the Holy Spirit is, how to properly interpret the 10 Commandments, How to act/be an example as someone who professes to be a follower of God, how to pray (Lord's Prayer), what message is most important to spread to the world (even today), how to deal with our Adversary, the importance of Faith, how to have power over our Adversary, the things that actually matter to God (Himself - for us to be doing), how to live victorious, how to have Hope (after witnessing Him die and then resurrect), and we were able to witness Him fulfill and do all of these things as our example.

But it would have been difficult if He just said, I am the God of Heaven who created the world, this planet we live on, and everything we see on this planet. But in the role as the (S)on of God, He performed miracles (raised the dead)(healed the sick)(calmed the overbearing sea), was our example of how to live for God, fulfilled the Law, and through that we were able to reason by the Spirit of God that He was God, the Promise, the Messiah!!

there is no upper and lower case in the old greek. translaters added the upper case "S"on many years later. BTW adding to the bible is forbidden by the Most High.
You provided angels (sons of the Most High) having sex with human women. That comes from the Old Testament which is written in HEBREW/ARAMAIC and those languages do have upper/lower case. And the 4 Gospels were first written in Aramaic before being translated into Greek, then Latin, and eventually English. So, my use of lower and upper case is both proper and factual!!

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
If you read the parable you would have known he already recieved his inheritance, thats what was being said to you, he was not judging your motive, he judged your interpretation
No no.. His acusation that i had ""spiritual indifference"" As if i did not care about what i was saying or believed..

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I think it's pretty clear that faith is a gift of God, not something we can boast about.
Here are few verses that back this up. Sorry man but we get NO credit, sorry but God in EVERYTHING.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

2 Peter 1:1
Greeting
1 Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ,
To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ

Philippians 1:29
29 For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake,

Romans 9:16
So then, it does not depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy.

Man it's all God. "Man" gets NO credit and is forever left in awe of His power to save.
I am not looking for credit.. All praise boasting and honor are to LORD Jesus..

Believing that water is wet is not something to take credit for.. Neither is believing Jesus and trusting in what He did.. People believe what people believe there is no effort in believing.. Once one believes Jesus then trusting that Jesus atonement saves is effortless..

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Nope, sorry, Calvinists don't claim faith is a work in the sense you are implying, so your above is misinformation. They claim it is the work of God; John 6:29.
I have debated cavlinists for over a decade and if you are a calvinist and are don't believe Faith is a work then you will be the first calvinist i have ever met who did not think Faith was a work..