Is this belief sufficient for salvation?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
That Jesus shed His blood and died for me on the cross and that He rose from the dead the third day?

Is there anything else that would need to be believed for salvation?
Obey God, for this is the only duty of a man.

Ecc 12:13When all has been heard, the conclusion of the matter is this: Fear God and keep His commandments, because this is the whole duty of man. 14For God will bring every deed into judgment, along with every hidden thing, whether good or evil.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
That Jesus shed His blood and died for me on the cross and that He rose from the dead the third day?

1 Corinthians 15:1 - Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. 3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures.

Romans 1:16 - For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

1 Corinthians 1:18 - For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019

Always embrace the simplicity of Jesus Christ. Read Isaiah 53 and John 3:16-17.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Obey God, for this is the only duty of a man.

Ecc 12:13When all has been heard, the conclusion of the matter is this: Fear God and keep His commandments, because this is the whole duty of man. 14For God will bring every deed into judgment, along with every hidden thing, whether good or evil.
Try living on this side of the cross. God’s grace through believing in Jesus Christ is really beautiful. And Jesus teaches us that there is no judgment for those who have faith in Him.
~~ John 5:24

Sep 24, 2012
Would anyone be able to look at post #9 and #13 and post responses to them?

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Do you believe Jesus is the Son of God? He said "for unless you believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”[John 8:24] If you repent and believe in the gospel[Mark 1:15] you are saved. :)
Eternal deliverance by the good works of man! I don't think so.

Oct 25, 2018
Eternal deliverance by the good works of man! I don't think so.
Huh? Repent and believe the gospel is not works. Works of the Spirit? Absolutely. Works of a man? Absolutely not.

When ppl repent and believe, it is because God is working in them, bringing these to fruition.

Nov 26, 2012

Yes, you can’t enter into communion with God with sin and guilt. The blood pays for sin, the forgiveness for the guilt so you can enter into His presence. You must submit to Him. He is Lord. Lord means He’s the boss. You do what He says. Nobody goes to an interview, gets hired then never shows up for work and expects to be paid. It’s like that.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Try living on this side of the cross. God’s grace through believing in Jesus Christ is really beautiful. And Jesus teaches us that there is no judgment for those who have faith in Him.
~~ John 5:24
1. God's grace covers all men, not just a few
2. Judgement in certain contexts, mean condemnation. Not all men will be condemned but all men will be judged according to their deeds.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Could anyone explain what 1 Corinthians 15:3 means? I might have trouble retaining information, so this might not be right, but does it mean that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and shed His blood?
Means Christ died for our sins and reconciled us back to God.

Oct 12, 2019
I might have schizophrenia and might be dealing with a learning difficulty and might also have poor reading comprehension.
God knows our very thoughts and feelings towards Him. Men look at the outward appearance but God looks at the heart!
1 samuel 16:7

FleeJenn

Aug 5, 2019

If you are saved, born again you'll know it. You'll be a new creature in Christ. You will not want to do the bad things you did before. You will be a new creation in Christ.

Acts 2:38 KJVS
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

After you are INDEED saved you need to be baptized:

1. In water
2. In the Holy Spirit and FIRE (Jesus does this, ask him)

You can be baptized in the Holy Spirit before or after water baptism. There are examples in Acts chapter 10 and chapter 19.

I was saved outside church walls (Ezekiel chapter 34) then baptized in the Holy Spirit and FIRE. Later I was water baptized.

Do not allow church denominations to dissuade you from what the Bible says about these things.

Seek God with all your heart in prayer. He will show you in his word. After yes AFTER you have been baptized in the Holy Spirit and FIRE then :

1 John 2:27 KJVS
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye NEED NOT that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Sep 24, 2012
Means Christ died for our sins and reconciled us back to God.
Does "that Christ died for our sins" in 1 Corinthians 15:3 mean that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and shed His blood?

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Does "that Christ died for our sins" in 1 Corinthians 15:3 mean that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and shed His blood, though?
Yes.
He is the lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world.

Oct 25, 2018
Does "that Christ died for our sins" in 1 Corinthians 15:3 mean that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and shed His blood?
You’ve been a member here since 2012, according to your profile. May I ask why, 7 years later, you are asking all these questions? I will gladly answer them, as will the others, but I find this rather odd. No offense, just wondering.

stillness

Jan 28, 2013
Walk trough the valley
To believe Jesus is to follow Him. "You shall know the Truth and the Truth shall set you free."
Jesus gave us identity in His name, "I Am." The name of God. If we follow Him we will be like Him. "I Am with you always even to the end of the world." Most say I am, not knowing its God name given to us in fellowship with Him as we enter His presence with thanksgiving. He told us to pray in His name, in His identity and rellationship with the Fater.
The rebellion was wanting to be in charge: that I am is about me. "Love does not insist on own Way," "God is Love." Jesus who came from the Father without rebellion said, "I Am the Way the Truth and the Life." He sent His disciples to go in His Name: to teach us to dwell in His Love. It was prophesied that the mesage would be distorted by those desiring to be in charge; drawing disciples after them; keeping them from entering in Him. Those who are deceived to follow man remain babes and Will not enter His rest: will not have part in the first resurrection.

Dec 9, 2011
God doesn't expect us to know everything about salvation when we come to Him. Remember, we were dead in trespasses and sins and were also His enemy. Yet, He draws ppl to Himself via the gospel. It is through the gospel that ppl are saved. As Paul so eloquently wrote 1 Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. 3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,[1 Cor. 15].

But if someone truly believes this from the heart, they ARE saved.
IMO “ If you hold fast the word I preached to you” means If you take what I’m saying seriously.

Dec 9, 2011
The way you worded your post seemed to say He did not die. It was rather unclear what you posted. If I misrepresented you, please accept my apology. But it seemed you answered 'no' to @LeeLoving 's post.
Yes the answer Is No,GOD IS a SPIRIT.Temporarily HE left HIS body which would be the outward appearance to men.GOD can’t die.