Is this God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 24, 2012
The Father, the Son (Jesus), and the Holy Spirit? All three persons God themselves and yet one God at the same time?

Apr 12, 2019
The Father, the Son (Jesus), and the Holy Spirit? All three persons God themselves and yet one God at the same time?
yes this is correct, God is One and God is Three.

God's essence or nature is ONE, so that there is only One God.
God's person is three, so that God is three in persons.

For example, my human nature is the same as my mothers, she is fully human as I, yet our persons are different.
So God is One and Three.

Here is a short video, that explains:

dodgingstones

Nov 20, 2019
God the Father...God OF man.

God the Son...God as man.

God the Holy Spirit...God within man.

The Holy Trinity

It is Truth, and a cornerstone of the Christian Faith.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
God the Father...God OF man.

God the Son...God as man.

God the Holy Spirit...God within man.

The Holy Trinity

It is Truth, and a cornerstone of the Christian Faith.
I have never heard it explained quite that way before; it makes more sense than how many others attempt to explain it :)

DB7

Dec 29, 2014
Hi LL, no, this is not God, it is complete nonsense from start to finish, and there is not one proponent on this site that will ever be able to explain exactly how '1 God in 3' is feasible, or a 'god-man', and then they will chalk-up their ignorance to divine mystery. Nor will they be able to explain the necessity of a god-man to redeem man (but they will try, and only with non-biblical speculations and nonsense).

1. You will never find any trinitarian terminology in the Bible, ie; three-in-one, two-in-one (natures of Christ), God the Son, God the Holy Spirit, god-man, triune or trinity, one essence, etc...
2. Not one conversion that took place in the new Testament, used a trinitarian formula to save the convert(s), not one!
3. Not one of the major characters in the Bible ever prayed to a triune god. The most definitive doxologies, worships, prayers and exaltations, by the most devout men, King David, Abraham, Job, Jacob, etc.. never prayed to a triune god in any manner whatsoever. And it is from these men that we gain the definitive attributes of God.
4. Of all the leading trinitarian proponents, not one will affirm that the trinity is either a formal or explicit teaching in the Bible, but nothing more than inferred. i.e. There was much more ado in the Bible of much lesser topics, as in the council in Jerusalem over the question of the Law, chapters after chapter on both Faith-over-works and Gentiles allowed in the kingdom, Pastorship, spouses, gifts of the spirit, hierarchy in the Church and Church government, etc....
5. God is only ever called the Father throughout the entire Bible. And this, countless, countless, countless times.
6. The Holy Spirit receives no praise or glory ever, especially in the inordinate manner that both the Father and the Son do. He's not even mentioned in the Book of Revelation, which is where both God and Jesus are in their exalted and eternal states, and praised and worshiped accordingly.
7. God's ontology is not a mystery, for we are created in his image. His attributes, as in their magnitude, are beyond fathoming, as much as a student can't fathom the expertise of his master, but he understands, discipline, development, control, skill and progression.
8. Never, ever is the atonement explained as requiring a god-man, but constantly it emphasizes the manhood of Christ when speaking in a soteriological context.
9. Not one trinitarian adherent will ever be able to explain the necessity of having 3 omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent persons in the Godhead (utter redundancy), nor what a god-man is and how this relationship is plausible (everything that defines a human, is antithetical to what defines divinity, ...no such thing as a square circle).
10. After all's been said and done, trinitarians will throw both their hands in the air and say, 'hey, it's a mystery?'

Apr 12, 2019
Hi LL, no, this is not God, it is complete nonsense from start to finish, and there is not one proponent on this site that will ever be able to explain exactly how '1 God in 3' is feasible, or a 'god-man', and then they will chalk-up their ignorance to divine mystery. Nor will they be able to explain the necessity of a god-man to redeem man (but they will try, and only with non-biblical speculations and nonsense).

1. You will never find any trinitarian terminology in the Bible, ie; three-in-one, two-in-one (natures of Christ), God the Son, God the Holy Spirit, god-man, triune or trinity, one essence, etc...
2. Not one conversion that took place in the new Testament, used a trinitarian formula to save the convert(s), not one!
3. Not one of the major characters in the Bible ever prayed to a triune god. The most definitive doxologies, worships, prayers and exaltations, by the most devout men, King David, Abraham, Job, Jacob, etc.. never prayed to a triune god in any manner whatsoever. And it is from these men that we gain the definitive attributes of God.
4. Of all the leading trinitarian proponents, not one will affirm that the trinity is either a formal or explicit teaching in the Bible, but nothing more than inferred. i.e. There was much more ado in the Bible of much lesser topics, as in the council in Jerusalem over the question of the Law, chapters after chapter on both Faith-over-works and Gentiles allowed in the kingdom, Pastorship, spouses, gifts of the spirit, hierarchy in the Church and Church government, etc....
5. God is only ever called the Father throughout the entire Bible. And this, countless, countless, countless times.
6. The Holy Spirit receives no praise or glory ever, especially in the inordinate manner that both the Father and the Son do. He's not even mentioned in the Book of Revelation, which is where both God and Jesus are in their exalted and eternal states, and praised and worshiped accordingly.
7. God's ontology is not a mystery, for we are created in his image. His attributes, as in their magnitude, are beyond fathoming, as much as a student can't fathom the expertise of his master, but he understands, discipline, development, control, skill and progression.
8. Never, ever is the atonement explained as requiring a god-man, but constantly it emphasizes the manhood of Christ when speaking in a soteriological context.
9. Not one trinitarian adherent will ever be able to explain the necessity of having 3 omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent persons in the Godhead (utter redundancy), nor what a god-man is and how this relationship is plausible (everything that defines a human, is antithetical to what defines divinity, ...no such thing as a square circle).
10. After all's been said and done, trinitarians will throw both their hands in the air and say, 'hey, it's a mystery?'
This is why Jesus said you'll know them by there fruit. This brothers and sisters is a unsaved false convert, this is all false and this person doesn't know God. That's why he doesn't believe in the Triune God of the bible called Yahweh.

God has always been a Triune God, only this God can save sinners, since hes the only God that saves:

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

Make sure your not deceived, since he is promoting the doctrine of Devils and is of Satan. (perhaps he will get saved... but in the mean time know this)

dodgingstones

Nov 20, 2019
The Gospel of John describes the Trinity. It is fully explained there.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Yeah one being .. God in three persons/expressions.

Co.. eternal
Co.. equal
Co..existing

I've always had trouble with the term persons.. because that seems completely separate beings, but 'persons' doesn't have to mean seperate.

DB7

Dec 29, 2014
This is why Jesus said you'll know them by there fruit. This brothers and sisters is a unsaved false convert, this is all false and this person doesn't know God. That's why he doesn't believe in the Triune God of the bible called Yahweh.

God has always been a Triune God, only this God can save sinners, since hes the only God that saves:

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

Make sure your not deceived, since he is promoting the doctrine of Devils and is of Satan. (perhaps he will get saved... but in the mean time know this)
Hello Flint, i gave a very reasonable, insightful and accurate depiction of what the Bible, in a comprehensive and over-arching manner, states on the matter. I was very responsible and rather competent in the method that I approached this.
I don't believe that you, or anyone, can refute a single point that I brought up? One, without exception, will be forced to avoid my points, and just beat around the bush with a bunch of eisegetical, implicit (at best) and isolated verses, which is a fundamentally unacceptable practice when attempting to qualify such an enigmatic and paramount 'doctrine'.
My approach and understanding is very sound and reasonable!

Apr 12, 2019
Hello Flint, i gave a very reasonable, insightful and accurate depiction of what the Bible, in a comprehensive and over-arching manner, states on the matter. I was very responsible and rather competent in the method that I approached this.
I don't believe that you, or anyone, can refute a single point that I brought up? One, without exception, will be forced to avoid my points, and just beat around the bush with a bunch of eisegetical, implicit (at best) and isolated verses, which is a fundamentally unacceptable practice when attempting to qualify such an enigmatic and paramount 'doctrine'.
My approach and understanding is very sound and reasonable!
Im not gonna to enter into a fruitless discussion with a heretic, leading people to hell, sorry.

DB7

Dec 29, 2014
I have never heard it explained quite that way before; it makes more sense than how many others attempt to explain it :)

Magenta, you did not perceive the meaningless nonsense that dodgingstones just tried to impart and rationalize?
If according to trinitarian theology, God the father, is the God of Man, then , does that mean that Jesus or the Holy Spirit is not the God of Man? If not so, then what's the difference, or even the point?
If the holy Spirit is the God within Man, does that mean the Jesus and the Father are not in man (John 17:20-21)?
These silly and inept expressions sound clever to naive people.
It's a bunch of circular and absurd idiocracies!

dodgingstones

Nov 20, 2019
Your lack of understanding in no way disproves the Holy Trinity. As for you believing your statement to be readonable... Scripture says man's wisdom is foolishness to the wisdom of God.

To deny the Holy Trinity is to deny God. That's your choice.

dodgingstones

Nov 20, 2019
Three persons in one in perfect harmony. Understanding comes thru faith and the Holy Spirit.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Yeah one being .. God in three persons/expressions.

Co.. eternal
Co.. equal
Co..existing

I've always had trouble with the term persons.. because that seems completely separate beings, but 'persons' doesn't have to mean seperate.
I believe "persons" must separate entities and therefore should never be used to describe God. Elohim describes God as a plural, united in one. The Holy Spirit is how that unity is expressed. You cannot separate the Holy Spirit from the Father or Christ, it is what makes them God. We will be part of that after our resurrections. :)(y)

TooFastTurtle

Apr 10, 2019
As for requiring a God-man. I prefer the term God in the flesh. I do believe it was required because a regular man cannot redeem another man. The Bible does teach this:

Psalm 49:7
Truly no man can ransom another, or give to God the price of his life,

Feb 28, 2016
once the Holy Spirit, power of God allows you to comprehend The God Head',
then it will fall into place in your spirit/mind...

DB7

Dec 29, 2014
As for requiring a God-man. I prefer the term God in the flesh. I do believe it was required because a regular man cannot redeem another man. The Bible does teach this:

Psalm 49:7
Truly no man can ransom another, or give to God the price of his life,
Possibly, depends on the rules, ....but, without exception, God cannot redeem man from God. God does not obey himself and/or atone himself from his own wrath. Or are we making a mockery of God's judicial system?
We all understand that, right?

BTW, good work for actually addressing a point!

DB7

Dec 29, 2014
Im not gonna to enter into a fruitless discussion with a heretic, leading people to hell, sorry.
So I guess friending me on Facebook is out of the question then?

Apr 12, 2019
So I guess friending me on Facebook is out of the question then?
Well, i don't use facebook, so sorry, i hope you get saved, only the God-Man can save you because that is Jesus Christ!
what glorious good news, you can be saved if you forsake your heresy and believe upon the Lord Jesus Christ.

In the mean time, your false gospel is so wicked in God's eyes and so offense, that it declares this in 2 John:

2 John 9-11 Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, 11 for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.

We can be an acquaintance, but i would never be friends with you in Fear of God, indeed that would be wicked for any christian.

Why? because your of the devil, its that simple, spreading his demonic teachings of hell, God hates it.