Is this going to be you?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Gracie_14

okay… seriously…i never read such sad posts in my life. gave me a lot to think about really. having regret is the worst thing in the world. sadly, most of us have already made regrettful decisions. indeed…"if only…"

Feb 7, 2015
okay… seriously…i never read such sad posts in my life. gave me a lot to think about really. having regret is the worst thing in the world. sadly, most of us have already made regrettful decisions. indeed…"if only…"
Yeah, the scene in A Christmas Story where the ghost of Marley, dragging behind him all the links of chain he "forged in life", visits Scrooge is one that has sort of shaped my life, and started getting me out of my shell.

P

pckts

Yeah, the scene in A Christmas Story where the ghost of Marley, dragging behind him all the links of chain he "forged in life", visits Scrooge is one that has sort of shaped my life, and started getting me out of my shell.
Was that before or after Flick stuck his tongue to the flagpole?:confused:

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017

Agree., we can't live in the land of "if only" The older I get the more reason to avoid regret and the things that point to it. So I did read the OPs opening sad story but decided not to read the other stories today. The Bible says to "press on" and look forward and not live in the past.

(This one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead) Phil.3:13b

We can't go back and fix things; tomorrow is gone and we have the gift of today. So as a good "conservative".... remember the lessons learned from past mistakes and foolish choices only so not to do them again., and step forward today (press on) in the freedom Jesus has died to give us and keep on daily learning about Jesus because He is our life. Phil.3:10-18

[SUP]10 [/SUP][For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [[SUP][a][/SUP]which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope]
[SUP]
11 [/SUP]That if possible I may attain to the [[SUP][b][/SUP]spiritual and moral] resurrection [that lifts me] out from among the dead [even while in the body].
[SUP]
12 [/SUP]Not that I have now attained [this ideal], or have already been made perfect, but I press on to lay hold of (grasp) and make my own, that for which Christ Jesus (the Messiah) has laid hold of me and made me His own.
[SUP]
13 [/SUP]I do not consider, brethren, that I have captured and made it my own [yet]; but one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,
[SUP]
14 [/SUP]I press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward.
[SUP]
15 [/SUP]So let those [of us] who are spiritually mature and full-grown have this mind and hold these convictions; and if in any respect you have a different attitude of mind, God will make that clear to you also. Amplified Bible

G

Gracie_14

Agree., we can't live in the land of "if only" The older I get the more reason to avoid regret and the things that point to it. So I did read the OPs opening sad story but decided not to read the other stories today. The Bible says to "press on" and look forward and not live in the past.

(This one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead) Phil.3:13b

We can't go back and fix things; tomorrow is gone and we have the gift of today. So as a good "conservative".... remember the lessons learned from past mistakes and foolish choices only so not to do them again., and step forward today (press on) in the freedom Jesus has died to give us and keep on daily learning about Jesus because He is our life. Phil.3:10-18

[SUP]10 [/SUP][For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [[SUP][a][/SUP]which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope]
[SUP]
11 [/SUP]That if possible I may attain to the [[SUP][b][/SUP]spiritual and moral] resurrection [that lifts me] out from among the dead [even while in the body].
[SUP]
12 [/SUP]Not that I have now attained [this ideal], or have already been made perfect, but I press on to lay hold of (grasp) and make my own, that for which Christ Jesus (the Messiah) has laid hold of me and made me His own.
[SUP]
13 [/SUP]I do not consider, brethren, that I have captured and made it my own [yet]; but one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,
[SUP]
14 [/SUP]I press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward.
[SUP]
15 [/SUP]So let those [of us] who are spiritually mature and full-grown have this mind and hold these convictions; and if in any respect you have a different attitude of mind, God will make that clear to you also. Amplified Bible

very well said joanie :) gave me a lot to think about… thanks for your comment

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017
Yeah, the scene in A Christmas Story where the ghost of Marley, dragging behind him all the links of chain he "forged in life", visits Scrooge is one that has sort of shaped my life, and started getting me out of my shell.[/QUOTE

So glad you were released from the shell you were trapped in Willie. I understand that place too and it can be a horrible place. The forgiveness we have in Christ released me from my chains. Knowing that no matter what we have done in the past no matter how wrong and horrible the sin., Jesus died for those sins and we have been given forgiveness and grace to walk in newness of life today.

He gives us a new way of thinking and living Romans 8:1-2 The law of the Spirit of life in Christ sets us free from the law of sin and death. The devil will draw us to think and dwell on in our minds the past along with all it's regrets. But Jesus has given us a new place., forgiveness and freedom. Believing what Jesus said and how the Bible instructs us to walk in the truth of it is a daily choice. We have the forgiveness and now we have to believe it and walk it out each day. We have been given such a gift.

Therefore, [there is] now no condemnation (no adjudging guilty of wrong) for those who are in Christ Jesus.
[SUP]
2 [/SUP]For the law of the Spirit of life [which is] in Christ Jesus [the law of our new being] has freed me from the law of sin and of death.

Last edited:
P

pckts

I'm speaking of a little before the filming of that modern 1983 version.
When I got to your post the first thing I saw was A Christmas Story underlined, so I was expecting something relating to that. Then I started reading and got confused I was like, "I don't remember ghosts or any characters wearing chains in a Christmas Story?". Then I got to Scrooge and realized you meant A Christmas Carol.

Feb 7, 2015
When I got to your post the first thing I saw was A Christmas Story underlined, so I was expecting something relating to that. Then I started reading and got confused I was like, "I don't remember ghosts or any characters wearing chains in a Christmas Story?". Then I got to Scrooge and realized you meant A Christmas Carol.
Thank you! Damned Old Age Setting in. It is definitely A Christmas Carol.

G

Gracie_14

Hi Gracie! I didn't see your age. Glad you are here on CC. God bless you little sister. :D
aww, you're so sweet! you know, i have a tendency of missing some of the sweet comments made my some of the CC members here. i have no idea why! :D

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017
aww, you're so sweet! you know, i have a tendency of missing some of the sweet comments made my some of the CC members here. i have no idea why! :D

Same here sis., So many posts and threads it's hard to keep up with all of them after we post on them. Have a wonderful blessed day in Jesus Gracie. I love your CC name!!

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Willie,

Thank you for posting this. Very touching.

All right.

The next time I know I have strong feelings for someone... I'm just gonna muster up the courage to tell him.

(And it's all your fault. :))

G

Gracie_14

Same here sis., So many posts and threads it's hard to keep up with all of them after we post on them. Have a wonderful blessed day in Jesus Gracie. I love your CC name!!
thanks so much joanie! :D i really appreciate it :) you have a very lovely name also :)