Is this stealing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jack_
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jack_

Guest
I went to a fast food outlet sort of like mcdonalds right and my lil bro went in to grab a couple of burgers for us. I'm not entirely sure if they did it on accident or it was his mates who noticed him ordering but they threw in like three extra burgers... Lol.
 
No, because most of those places have a SOP of throwing away food that is either a mistake, or has been sitting around too long. My sister was a McDonald's manager, and solidified her customer base loyalty by doing that very thing.
 
Not really an answerable question since you don't know if they did it on accident or not. The answer would vary depending on the reasons why it happened and what you knew.
 
No, because most of those places have a SOP of throwing away food that is either a mistake, or has been sitting around too long. My sister was a McDonald's manager, and solidified her customer base loyalty by doing that very thing.

Just to play devils advocate; those burgers were the property of McDonalds. To do other than what McDonalds says with them, is that not stealing?

Don't get me wrong... I'd rather see them given away than trashed. But then I don't get to run corporate America.
 
Just to play devils advocate; those burgers were the property of McDonalds. To do other than what McDonalds says with them, is that not stealing?

Don't get me wrong... I'd rather see them given away than trashed. But then I don't get to run corporate America.
My brother told me his mates were working and it probably had something to do with that... I didn't start feeling compelled they were in my stomach... I think ill ask god to forgive me idk.
 
I think it depends on the situation. Hilariously I had a friend whose father met his mother at a mcdonalds. The father continually stuffed extra cheeseburgers in so that it would get her attention. Then when she asked him about it he went, "No I did that on purpose to get you to talk to me." They have been married for years. XDD
 
I've ordered from Burger King.......paid and got to the window to pick up my order.......trusting them to be at the very least able to fill a burger order.......drove home, opened my bag, and found something completely different from what I ordered.

So, I'm sitting there thinking, someone else is just about now opening up their bag and saying........Wait.......WHUT?

Is that stealing? Well it could be if one of us who got the wrong order paid more than the other. For the one who paid more was robbed by an incompetent Burger King employee were they not?
 
I've ordered from Burger King.......paid and got to the window to pick up my order.......trusting them to be at the very least able to fill a burger order.......drove home, opened my bag, and found something completely different from what I ordered.

So, I'm sitting there thinking, someone else is just about now opening up their bag and saying........Wait.......WHUT?

Is that stealing? Well it could be if one of us who got the wrong order paid more than the other. For the one who paid more was robbed by an incompetent Burger King employee were they not?
Well, anyone who goes to "Burger King" deserves to be ripped off. LOL I go almost exclusively to Hardee's anymore.
 
Well, anyone who goes to "Burger King" deserves to be ripped off. LOL I go almost exclusively to Hardee's anymore.

Burger King..........3 blocks.....Hardee's......3 miles........you do the math.......... :)

"Hurry on down to Hardee's baby, where the burgers are charcoal broiled......."

Back in the 60's was when that little jingle was popular........and I loved the voice of the lady singer.

I also laugh when Burger King says I can have it "my way."
 
I do have to admit I got a little disgusted when BK started pushing their Rainbow Burger.
 
If you did not order the food and thus did not pay for it, then the first thing you are to do is let them no they gave you to much that was not part of your order.

If they then say that is fine go ahead and take it then no it would not be stealing, but if you don't ask them and just take the sandwiches then yes it is stealing. And if his friends that worked there were involved in giving those extra sandwiches then yes it is stealing.

Remember the bible says that if no it is good to do something but refuse to do it, then it is sin......James 4:17
 
I went to a fast food outlet sort of like mcdonalds right and my lil bro went in to grab a couple of burgers for us. I'm not entirely sure if they did it on accident or it was his mates who noticed him ordering but they threw in like three extra burgers... Lol.
GOD looks at the heart man looks at the outward appearances

I think the scripture that says whatever is not of faith is sin.
What do you think?
 
If you did not order the food and thus did not pay for it, then the first thing you are to do is let them no they gave you to much that was not part of your order.

If they then say that is fine go ahead and take it then no it would not be stealing, but if you don't ask them and just take the sandwiches then yes it is stealing. And if his friends that worked there were involved in giving those extra sandwiches then yes it is stealing.

Remember the bible says that if no it is good to do something but refuse to do it, then it is sin......James 4:17
Thank you for your response, I can see what you're saying which is why I was compelled enough to post it here and get some opinions. I understand that faith is nothing without works so do you suggest I go in and offer to pay for them or call them up and let them know the situation and just wait to hear what they say?