Is Witchcraft Real?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 31, 2021
I was wondering if any of you believe in witchcraft. I've had a very bad year since April. I've had a bad surgery that was done to me which I'm currently suffering the consequences of that day. I've had a really bad stomach flu that lasted over a week this was three weeks after my surgery. I've had spider bites all over my body. I've had a flat tire about 2 weeks ago and this week I have another car problem that might be the transmission. I've been through it this year. I've been dealing with depression and anxiety as well. I just want to know if it's possibly witchcraft or I'm just having a really bad year. I don't know if it helps but I had a dream of a black cobra snake, I don't know if there is a significance in that dream.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
All who I know who pray in the divine prayer language as we are all required have no issues with anything from the demonic realm, if we are full of Christ there is no room for the adversary or his minions

Billyd

May 8, 2014
I was wondering if any of you believe in witchcraft. I've had a very bad year since April. I've had a bad surgery that was done to me which I'm currently suffering the consequences of that day. I've had a really bad stomach flu that lasted over a week this was three weeks after my surgery. I've had spider bites all over my body. I've had a flat tire about 2 weeks ago and this week I have another car problem that might be the transmission. I've been through it this year. I've been dealing with depression and anxiety as well. I just want to know if it's possibly witchcraft or I'm just having a really bad year. I don't know if it helps but I had a dream of a black cobra snake, I don't know if there is a significance in that dream.
I don't know about witchcraft, but I will share my surgery experience from last year.

I had to have an abdominal aorta artery stinted at the y branch to my legs. The surgery took nearly four hours, and when I woke up, my lower abdomen, entire groin area and half way down both thighs were black and blue, and I had a large knot on each side of my groin area. For the next two months, I passed enough gas to heat my house for the winter. That was followed by nearly five months of gassy diarrhea. My doctor kept telling me that the surgery was successful, and that all problems would pass. Meanwhile, my wife had to have surgery. She also fell and broke her collar bone and two ribs. My 8 month pregnant granddaughter-in-law wrecked my car. My other granddaughter's boyfriend blew the transmission in my other car.

About mid February, things began to turn around. Today things are back to our pre surgery normal.

If there ever was a demon following me, this was the time. For us, the only answer was prayer. Knowing that God would get us through made the difference. The only advice is to place your recovery in God's hands. Take every problem to him and thank him for resolving the problem. Be patient, He works in His time not ours.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Yes witchcraft is real and yes there is a certain power in it.

That doesn't mean a really bad time is the result of witchcraft though. Sometimes life just really sucks. Sometimes the parts that suck come real close to each other.

Also, just because witchcraft is real doesn't mean we have to fear it or even learn about it. Our missionaries in areas with witch doctors don't have to study voodoo to learn how to counteract it. All they do is stay close to God. The witch doctors start showing up at the missionaries' doors, begging them to pray that God will remove the curses that have come back on the witch doctors.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Yes witchcraft is real and yes there is a certain power in it.

That doesn't mean a really bad time is the result of witchcraft though. Sometimes life just really sucks. Sometimes the parts that suck come real close to each other.

Also, just because witchcraft is real doesn't mean we have to fear it or even learn about it. Our missionaries in areas with witch doctors don't have to study voodoo to learn how to counteract it. All they do is stay close to God. The witch doctors start showing up at the missionaries' doors, begging them to pray that God will remove the curses that have come back on the witch doctors.
Wonderful lesson, thank you and God bless you and all there with...

DeanM

May 4, 2021
Is someone known to dabble in magic put a curse on someone else who knows it was done, then I do believe the "cursed" person will think of the curse anytime something goes wrong. The power of suggestion I think is what most "witches" rely upon.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Nope, not true. One of the greatest deceptions has ever and continues to foist on mankind is a belief that he does not exist.

May 31, 2021
I don't know about witchcraft, but I will share my surgery experience from last year.

I had to have an abdominal aorta artery stinted at the y branch to my legs. The surgery took nearly four hours, and when I woke up, my lower abdomen, entire groin area and half way down both thighs were black and blue, and I had a large knot on each side of my groin area. For the next two months, I passed enough gas to heat my house for the winter. That was followed by nearly five months of gassy diarrhea. My doctor kept telling me that the surgery was successful, and that all problems would pass. Meanwhile, my wife had to have surgery. She also fell and broke her collar bone and two ribs. My 8 month pregnant granddaughter-in-law wrecked my car. My other granddaughter's boyfriend blew the transmission in my other car.

About mid February, things began to turn around. Today things are back to our pre surgery normal.

If there ever was a demon following me, this was the time. For us, the only answer was prayer. Knowing that God would get us through made the difference. The only advice is to place your recovery in God's hands. Take every problem to him and thank him for resolving the problem. Be patient, He works in His time not ours.
Wow thanks so much for sharing your story. This truly helps me out a lot. You have know idea how relieved I am that everything worked out for you. I will keep faith. Thank you so much. again!

Mar 4, 2020
Stuff like that happens to me sometimes. Thank God it hasn't happened so much lately, but I used to be able to set a timer for approximately three months and a rush of mishaps would occur. It got to the point I knew when to brace for impact.

Injuries, illnesses, random repairs, misfortunes, large expenses, relationship failures, etc. You name it, I've probably experienced it. Wasn't just a one-off thing then it was over, this characterized my life for about 10 years straight.

Like you, I wondered if my life cursed, if I was being attacked, or if I just got a random bad hand. Most of this occured during a period where I was rebellious toward Jesus, too, I might add.

At some point I finally had enough. Sobbing uncontrollably asking God to help me and to send Jesus to help. Shortly after, I had a supernatural spiritual experience and became a born again believer.

I don't know if all of that was meant to get my attention or if that's just the hand I got dealt. Either way, it opened my eyes.

These experiences, these testimonies, gifted by God, are like the parable of the talents. They are meant to be shared so don't bury them.

May 31, 2021
Stuff like that happens to me sometimes. Thank God it hasn't happened so much lately, but I used to be able to set a timer for approximately three months and a rush of mishaps would occur. It got to the point I knew when to brace for impact.

Injuries, illnesses, random repairs, misfortunes, large expenses, relationship failures, etc. You name it, I've probably experienced it. Wasn't just a one-off thing then it was over, this characterized my life for about 10 years straight.

Like you, I wondered if my life cursed, if I was being attacked, or if I just got a random bad hand. Most of this occured during a period where I was rebellious toward Jesus, too, I might add.

At some point I finally had enough. Sobbing uncontrollably asking God to help me and to send Jesus to help. Shortly after, I had a supernatural spiritual experience and became a born again believer.

I don't know if all of that was meant to get my attention or if that's just the hand I got dealt. Either way, it opened my eyes.

These experiences, these testimonies, gifted by God, are like the parable of the talents. They are meant to be shared so don't bury them.
Thank you for sharing this with me. This truly helps out a lot. When these things started to happen to me it drew me close to God. I was not close to God before as I am now.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
When we stay in Him, these events don;'t happen, trouble is we often stick our foot back in the world and then the devil sees us and smacks us with his nasty stuff.
"Stayed on Him" is ALL the time, not most the time.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Not in the sense most people seem to think of them. I think movies and false ideas stemming from ignorance and imagination make up much of what people think of when they think witch.
Most "witches" I've seen were depressed feminists that like nature and fat women into sexual fetishes. The first type tend to hide their depression behind a false self esteem that can come across as arrogant. The second tend to be friendly, and often flirty and inappropriate. They both tend to wear all black and pentacles.
Anything that may come close to what people tend to imagine may exist, but likely far fewer than most charismatics would have you to believe.

Dream interpretation is pretty much a joke. And asking strangers on the internet is a dead end.
I once knew someone whose mother often claimed she had dreams from God. She always took them as warnings for those in her life. She was also a very religious (as in like a Pharisee type person). And all the dreams were the same, someone or something bad is after you, pray and read more.
My friend would hear these dreams and think they could just as easily apply to her mother. But with different ideas on the meaning.
Two people, two opposite understandings.
If God is telling you something ask Him to show you.

If I were to walk you through the sorts of things I've dealt with in the course of my life you may he grateful it's only been a year for you. And my life's struggles pale beside many others.
Crap happens. Sometimes it's good, others bad. Just accept that as normal, rather than seeking explanations for everything and life will be that much easier.

Mar 4, 2020
Thank you for sharing this with me. This truly helps out a lot. When these things started to happen to me it drew me close to God. I was not close to God before as I am now.
Praise God.

Some thoughts to consider: if the enemy is overplaying their hand so conspicuously then it may have the effect of rendering their target aware of spiritual warfare. What advantage is it to invisible forces of darkness if their targets become aware and learn to fight back? If the goal is to just spread misery effectively then it shouldn't result in their target seeking Christ. Why not just leave people where they are, complacent and unaware?

My point is if those experiences led you to Christ then maybe they were designed to. No one really knows what happened here. You can always pray about it, but just be thankful for the end goal: you seeking to be closer to God.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
When we stay in Him, these events don;'t happen, trouble is we often stick our foot back in the world and then the devil sees us and smacks us with his nasty stuff.
"Stayed on Him" is ALL the time, not most the time.
Um...

Yeah they do still happen. It's just how life is.

"It rains on the just and the unjust... but the just have an umbrella."

May 31, 2021
Praise God.

Some thoughts to consider: if the enemy is overplaying their hand so conspicuously then it may have the effect of rendering their target aware of spiritual warfare. What advantage is it to invisible forces of darkness if their targets become aware and learn to fight back? If the goal is to just spread misery effectively then it shouldn't result in their target seeking Christ. Why not just leave people where they are, complacent and unaware?

My point is if those experiences led you to Christ then maybe they were designed to. No one really knows what happened here. You can always pray about it, but just be thankful for the end goal: you seeking to be closer to God.
Yes what happened was that I went out to get a surgery for vanity. Unfortunately, the doctor left me botched and he also did something things to me which he did not explain he would do to me. This was causing some physical pain in my body. I felt very targeted and angry. I remember saying why did it have to be like this. I repented for what I did because I didn't know that I was going against God's creation. I started to get anxiety because I saw later on that there were many victims under this doctor. I was so regretful about I had done that I sobbed for days and days. I understood that if this experience did not go bad, I was going to do more things to my body and it will take me away from him. There was a period of darkness where I did not want to live anymore because of my symptoms. Whenever I would drive, there would be a voice in my head telling me to kill myself. It would just show me all kinds of way to do it as well. I started to get close to God more and more and it brought a sense of peace to my situation. I don't have those bad thoughts anymore, but I pray that some day I will feel better and that these symptoms will go away.

Mar 4, 2020
Yes what happened was that I went out to get a surgery for vanity. Unfortunately, the doctor left me botched and he also did something things to me which he did not explain he would do to me. This was causing some physical pain in my body. I felt very targeted and angry. I remember saying why did it have to be like this. I repented for what I did because I didn't know that I was going against God's creation. I started to get anxiety because I saw later on that there were many victims under this doctor. I was so regretful about I had done that I sobbed for days and days. I understood that if this experience did not go bad, I was going to do more things to my body and it will take me away from him. There was a period of darkness where I did not want to live anymore because of my symptoms. Whenever I would drive, there would be a voice in my head telling me to kill myself. It would just show me all kinds of way to do it as well. I started to get close to God more and more and it brought a sense of peace to my situation. I don't have those bad thoughts anymore, but I pray that some day I will feel better and that these symptoms will go away.
Praise God I'm glad you're doing better. I will definitely pray for you, too.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
You claim to have been targeted and angry.
How about you acted in vanity, and did not use wisdom in who you went to. And what has followed is the natural consequences of those choices?
It makes me think of something I read once. "Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is you make bad decisions".
Perhaps taking responsibility for your choices is the answer, and not blaming anyone or anything else?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
How about you acted in vanity, and did not use wisdom in who you went to. And what has followed is the natural consequences of those choices?
It makes me think of something I read once. "Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is you make bad decisions".
Perhaps taking responsibility for your choices is the answer, and not blaming anyone or anything else?
Come on man, get with the times! Taking responsibility for your choices is old fashioned. :p

calvin.png

jb

Feb 27, 2010
Is Witchcraft Real?
It most certainly is and will be practised in not only in the back's of beyond in Africa, South America etc, but also in "civilized" western societies.

However, a born again Christian CANNOT have curses (or attacks) put on them by occultists, due to the many layers of protection from The Trinity around any individual Christian! Num 23v23, 1John 5v18, Psalm 91 (all), Psalm 121 (all), Rev 12v11,...and many other Scriptures.

This study should be helpful...

May 31, 2021
Yes that's what God made me see that I was doing wrong and though I am going through a hard time I thanked him for saving me from what I was doing. Yes, I felt angry and sad it's only normal I'm human. I thought why did it have to be this way? Why couldn't it had been another way? It took me a while for me to forgive myself because I kept crying to God about what I had done, but he had already forgiven me. I just haven't forgiven myself. After I learned to forgive myself, he gave me peace. I still suffer but the pain has not been as great as before.