Is YOUR church doctrinal statement ONE with SATAN?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 9, 2011
Beware! You are not once saved always saved, You CAN lose your salvation...ā€™do not quench The Holy Spirit...ā€™
Of course when a person decides to come to JESUS they will receive the HOLY SPIRIT and this IS GODs workmanship and GOD does everything perfectly and the Bible Does say that the WORD Is Incorruptible so then I donā€™t see how man can corrupt GODs workmanship with his will.The only thing man can do with his will Is to from the heart,repent and say yes.
I believe that ā€œdonā€™t quench the HOLY SPIRITā€ Is not talking about salvation here but Is talking about after salvation let the SPIRIT show through the person and to urge the person to not make provision for the flesh.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
God watches over his word. And we have exactly what we need to know. Who is to say it's not perfect? You cannot prove a negative. So not having the originals makes that claim impossible. You need them in order to prove they say something different.

Besides, we have a better understanding of the ancient languages now and some of the newer translations reflect this. Jesus and the disciples used the best translation of their day. As did the first-century church.
We do not need the originals. We should never place more emphasis on the originals than God Himself. And yes, you can prove a negative if it contradicts itself which most of the new translations do. Look up 2 Samuel 21:19.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Because if you don't speak old English God hates you. To hell with all those sapps that speak Chinese, and Spanish, and French.
Ya ever wonder why KJV onlyists are all Anglo Saxxon? It is very racist, jingoist, and xenophobic.
God hates you? Why this response? If we had the originals would that mean God hates all who do not speak Hebrew and Greek? That argument wonā€™t hunt.

Jan 17, 2020
We do not need the originals. We should never place more emphasis on the originals than God Himself. And yes, you can prove a negative if it contradicts itself which most of the new translations do. Look up 2 Samuel 21:19.
Prove a negative, I'm curious.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
John Calvin was wrong...to say that The Lord chooses people to be damned is blasphemy (Wesley)
You mean we should listen to THIS guy?

From John Wesley, towards the END of his life:

ā€œIn one of my last [letters] I was saying that I do not feel the wrath of God abiding on me; nor can I believe it does. And yet (this is the mystery), I do not love God. I never did. Therefore I never believed, in the Christian sense of the word. Therefore I am only an honest heathenā€¦
And yet, to be so employed of God! And so hedged in that I can neither get forward nor backward! Surely there was never such an instance before, from the beginning of the world! If I ever have had that faith, it would not be so strange. But I never had any other evidence of the eternal or invisible world than I have now; and that is none at all, unless such as faintly shines from reasonā€™s glimmering ray. I have no direct witness (I do not say, that I am a child of God, but) of anything invisible or eternal.ā€

John146

Jan 13, 2016
If by negative you mean a false new version...thatā€™s easy. Is not that what you were relating it to? How can one prove a translation false if we do not have the originals?

Jan 17, 2020
If by negative you mean a false new version...thatā€™s easy. Is not that what you were relating it to? How can one prove a translation false if we do not have the originals?
Negative = something does not exist. You cannot prove it. The Russians said God does not exist because they didn't see him when they orbited the earth.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Negative = something does not exist. You cannot prove it. The Russians said God does not exist because they didn't see him when they orbited the earth.
Do you believe the holy pure words of God exist?

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Yes. How can you have faith if an error exists?
People have faith in many things that are error. Do not Muslims have faith? Where is the pure words of God, in your opinion? Is the version you read without error?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
God hates you? Why this response? If we had the originals would that mean God hates all who do not speak Hebrew and Greek? That argument wonā€™t hunt.
That argument won't hunt because it's your misunderstanding, not his argument. He is mimicking the attitude of many KJV-only proponents, who claim or at least imply that if you don't read 16th-century English, all hope for you is lost. Nobody takes that attitude with regard to the original-language texts.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Nobody takes that attitude with regard to the original-language texts.
Why not? Oh, Because we donā€™t have them...
Did God promise to preserve His word in all languages, or that it would simple be preserved?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Yes. How can you have faith if an error exists?
That indicates a misunderstanding of faith. You don't need a perfect Bible to have saving faith in Jesus Christ. You don't need perfect understanding of Him to believe in Him.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Why not? Oh, Because we donā€™t have them...
Yes, we do; thousands of manuscripts in Greek, and plenty in Hebrew, not to mention printed copies in abundance. You would do well to read more carefully. :)

Did God promise to preserve His word in all languages, or that it would simple be preserved?
Your baited questions will be more effective with those who can't see through them.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Yes, we do; thousands of manuscripts in Greek, and plenty in Hebrew, not to mention printed copies in abundance. You would do well to read more carefully. :)
Originals? Or copies of copies of copies...

God doesnā€™t place emphasis on the originals, neither should we.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Originals? Or copies of copies of copies...

God doesnā€™t place emphasis on the originals, neither should we.
Again, you would do well to read more carefully.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Because if you don't speak old English God hates you. To hell with all those sapps that speak Chinese, and Spanish, and French.
Ya ever wonder why KJV onlyists are all Anglo Saxxon? It is very racist, jingoist, and xenophobic.
Anglo Saxon? Pish! They don't even roll their Rrrrr's"

Dec 9, 2011
I was curious when you say prove a negative would mean that mean the same as prove that GOD exist when you cannot perceive with HIM with anything fleshly/physical?