ISLAM and MUSLIMS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Josefnospam

May 29, 2014
Muslim religion is a savage, brutal works religion. But rather than bash or degrade them we as Christians should tell them about Christ the lord. God is love and we can rest in him. His name is Jesus Christ the Lord. He is even the Lord of the heathen and the whole world. Every knee shall bow and every eye shall see.

For there is none other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved....Acts 4:12

As Christians it is our honor and privilege and duty to tell others about the one true God. And so to our so called Muslim friends, come to Christ, turn from your ways and Rest . Who knows if God will bring them out from where they are and have mercy on some of them. If we witness to them in the love of Christ, we have done our part and God will do the rest.

Isaiah said

"So shall my word that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return void but it shall accomplish that which I please and it shall prosper in then thing were to I sent it"

Come to Christ and rest from your works in him the only true God and Salvation. There is no other way.

W

wwjd_kilden

Amen.
Many Muslims are coming to Christ ... it's just that the secular, western media doesn't like writing about it.
I imagine it is difficult to evangelize to them though. For one, they are in danger if they convert, and if they are practising Muslims, they will know (their) scriptures well and be just as eager to prove us wrong as people are in the BDF here.

Apr 15, 2017
People that are stubborn like the Muslims will rarely be reached by saying God is love,Jesus loves you,Jesus is Lord and Savior,for the world has heard that for many years,and hypocrites a plenty that do not portray that lifestyle of caring a lot about the poor and needy,as they believe God blesses with material things,and money,or they do not care and live somewhat like the world.

Prophesy seems like it would be our best approach to deal with the really stubborn people,prophesy that cannot be denied,and prophesy that God told us would happen at this time,and forward,but a lot of people have taken that away by saying all prophesy has been fulfilled,but it has not,for there is prophesy left,and God said the saints will be hated of all the world,and the Gospel preached to all nations,and God will gather all nations together,and the whole earth will be against Israel,the second attack on them,and the beast kingdom has power over all nations,kindreds,and tongues.

A lot of people that claim Jesus as Lord and Savior,God manifest in the flesh,are not helping out a lot in trying to reach the world with the truth,with hypocrisy,believing God blesses with material things,and money,neglecting the poor and needy,saying all prophesy has been fulfilled,taking away that witnessing tool,believing a pre-trib resurrection that will overthrow the faith of many people,saying we cannot abstain from sin,so their lifestyle does not reflect Christ like it should,saying God chooses who will be saved,and not saved,in the beginning,which is calling God evil,because the people He did not choose did nothing wrong,and are doomed without their input,and are judged for something they cannot attain,and is out of their control,all the while God said,He is no respecter of persons,there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek,all are sinners and come short of the glory of God,and God said He wants all people to repent,and come to the truth,and be saved,and all people can have that salvation if they choose that salvation,but it is arrogance that they think they are elect,and chosen,and others are not,although God does not esteem one above the other,and they interpret according to the flesh,or they do not understand scriptures,or they do not want to,and have a hard time harmonizing scriptures,and what is really going on,but they do not want to know.

Many are called but few are chosen.

The world will go more and more away from Christianity,because of the way the majority reflect their lifestyle,and people harder to reach,because of how a lot of them conduct themselves.

Prophesy is our best weapon for the stubborn,for it proves the Bible is correct in that it told the future,and God true,but many people want to take that away,although we still have future ahead of us,and would not God tell us of all the deception going on today,which He told us of the new age movement,and the world will rebel against Him,and to not go along with them.

Love works great in areas where they are poor and needy,and downtrodden,but prophesy works great for the stubborn,prophesy that cannot be denied.

Jud 1:22 And of some have compassion, making a difference(reach out in love):
Jud 1:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh(tell them of prophesy,and the judgment to come,and to escape it).

Josefnospam

May 29, 2014
Well God sends his word out and it will reach those whom it was intended for. That is in God's hand. We can't save anyone nor cause anyone to come. But we can tell them who the Lord is and trust he will do his perfect will. If one or two or a thousand turn all is as it should be. no grand illusions here, just God's word going out. Jesus Christ is Lord.

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
This is such a great post! I could not agree more!
They are deceived and in need of THE Savior!
There are a great number of former muslims who are born again and on fire for our Lord.
Many “muslims” are like many “christians” just name only but does not really man anything. Then you have the real deal just like in both religions.
Now I have to admit I am not a fan of people who hate mw based on my race, my personality should be enough for that….

But I witness to a muslim just like I do anyone else. See a hatred to G-d is the natural for a person without the Holy Spirit. There is what I call a little girl at work, truly she is a woman 20 years younger, we both have family. So, we have common ground. Our conversations about common ground have opened to that we have our Holy Holidays in common, which has led to our G-d’s, but I share Messiah, that has her very curious why a Jew believes Y-shua is Messiah… if the Lod is good to me, and He is always good, not only will she be won but the family will follow, then their muslim frieds and so one and so forth….

We love them, even “they” are G-d’s creation made in His own image. And we take them home one at a time, which multiplies….

Aug 16, 2016
Pray for Muslims, I have spoken to some of them about the gospel. Unfortunately at times it tends to be like talking to a brick wall because of the brainwashing their under. There is no telling how many demons muslims have in their lives trying to prevent them from turning to the truth. As long as you plant the seed God will do the rest.

Dec 12, 2013
Maybe you should go to Syria, Iraq or Iran on a mission trip..........just saying!

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
You need to understand, when you witness to Muslims, that they already believe in Jesus. (Isa) It's just that he is not the same Jesus we believe in. If you ask any Muslim if they believe in Jesus, they will tell you, "of course, he is in the Qur'an and he is a prophet of God. We await his return."

Then you have to ask them, "Was Jesus God?" And "Did Jesus die on the cross?" Well, maybe not till you are friends, but at some point, we do need to make a distinction between their god, and the real God. They also don't believe in the Holy Spirit. But don't work on that, until they understand who Jesus is.

Because Allah did not come as a man. My seminary professor for world religions asked the imam whether God had the ability could come to earth as man. The imam said, "He could, but he wouldn't!" This imam knew the Bible better than most Christians, I was glad the professor, who was a missionary to Muslims led the discussion.

So if Jesus was an ordinary man, what did he do? Well, Muslims think he was a prophet, but not the last, or most important, leaving that to Mohammed (PBUH)! PBUH means "Praise Be Unto Him" and every time you say Mohammed, you are in some way obligated to say PBUH. Of course, we don't do that, because Mohammed was just a man, who twisted the Bible to his own devices.

Which brings me to the point, if you argue from the Bible, and score a point, they will just say that the Bible is corrupted. Because it is so old! Well, if you really want to argue, you can say, "So how come the Muslims gathered up the holy leaves of the Qur'an and burned them? Something to do with many copies saying different things, probably corrupted.

And no, Jesus didn't die on the cross, Judas did. Allah rescued him and put Judas on the cross at the last minute. So no happy Easter for Muslims! These are just a few pitfalls you might run into. Oh yes, and Muslims do want to talk with you! They want to turn the tables, and have you convert to Islam. Yep, most are evangelicals! As in preach their good news, not the real good news.

Finally, I have mentioned this before, but God is doing an amazing thing in Muslim countries. He is sending dreams and visions, and there is no doubt in these people's mind that he is only a man! They know he is God! And yes, God's love is what makes them want to know more about Jesus, and what keeps them faithful when they are threatened with death. But, God does arrange it so there is a Christian who is able to tell them who Jesus is, and that he did die on the cross for their sins, and they can have the security of knowing Jesus will never leave or forsake them!

And that person, is US, my friends! We do need share the gospel with Muslims. They are waiting to hear it! And they can be saved, if we pray and share God's love as found in Jesus.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
The muslums already think they are following God and are saved to them it's us that needs saving or a beheading which ever comes first;b allah is what they believe to be God and they believe Jesus was real just not the son of God merely a good person their prophet muhammad is far more well known and far more highly regarded.

Islam is violent and basically the counterfeit of Christianity. Love needs to be replaced in their hearts of hatred and violence however simply speaking and teaching of love is normally not enough to sway them, actions of love however may be the key because in their culture it's abnormal to see true acts of love to other people.I'm not talking about acts of kindness I'm talking about abnormal loving behavior. If say one of us was there and we were being cursed at by them being called heathens and infidel's accused of worshipping a false God and being spit on would the love of God be clearly seen on our face? Or would we be like on here and argue with them?

The thing is this love is needed everyday where we are even here on cc, we can say that we would show love to them in a situation like that but if we cannot show God's love and his heart in everyday situations and in everyday threads will we really be able to when it counts the most? There is but one thing that I beg God to place in everyone's hearts, it's not wisdom or faith it is not holiness or obedience it's love the kind of love that comes from his heart alone.

Without love we will never impact the hearts of others without love we are merely followers of religion without love we will never truly see or know God and we will never truly bear his heart and we certainly will not be leading anyone from Islam to God

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
The guy (in the blue shirt) that introduced me to the gospel was working with Muslims in Kashmir doing simple medical work with the mountain tribes.

Speaking with them about God and Jesus generally just made them more "zealous" Muslims.

This is taken around 8000 ft in the Kashmiri mountains just outside of Pahalgam:

The old Darji has his beard henna'd to show he's done the Hajj to Mecca.

S

Spokenpassage

I spend hours on end with my old high school friend in sharing the gospel with her. Like Angela has mentioned, they will throw an objection to everything we would have to say, so for us to witness to a number of them we should have some basic understanding of where they are coming from.

To them, to associate anyone with Allah is polytheism. Christians are seen for the most part believers, if they do not associate Isa (Jesus) with Allah, or otherwise they are led by Shaytan (Satan) and will be judged at the resurrection.

I believe if anyone truly has a heart to reach those in Islam, at least read the Qur'an, it is no more than the size of the New Testament, and understand how they view Jesus, Scriptures, judgement, sin, etc.

Sometimes we have to actually study out an issue to reach those involved. I wouldn't waste time talking about non-important issues, like the polygamy issue of the day, etc. I usually go straight to basic points of doctrine concerning how does God judge a sinner without compromising his justice, etc.

We must also be careful of misrepresenting them. ISIS is NOT Islamic in the orthodox sense, although it is considered an extreme view, it is said to come from an ideology of Wahhabism.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
... So if Jesus was an ordinary man, what did he do? Well, Muslims think he was a prophet, but not the last, or most important, leaving that to Mohammed (PBUH)! PBUH means "Praise Be Unto Him" and every time you say Mohammed, you are in some way obligated to say PBUH. Of course, we don't do that, because Mohammed was just a man, who twisted the Bible to his own devices.
In general usage, "PBUH" is short for "Peace be upon him". It is a loose translation of an Arabic phrase often appended to the name of Mohammed when Muslims refer to him. According to Sam Shamoun, it may have another meaning (The "Mystery" of PBUH Revealed: A Christian Response).

That said, it might as well mean what you said, given how Muslims exalt Mohammed. :)

Dec 2, 2016
How can we convince a Muslim that they need to become a Christian when we cannot even convince Christians that the pre-trib rapture is false when there is no such thing as a pre-trib rapture in the NT and any encyclopedia will explain where the false pre-trib idea came from and why it was created???

S

Spokenpassage

How can we convince a Muslim that they need to become a Christian when we cannot even convince Christians that the pre-trib rapture is false when there is no such thing as a pre-trib rapture in the NT and any encyclopedia will explain where the false pre-trib idea came from and why it was created???
C'mon man, I don't agree with pre-trib either, but that is a non-salvific issue. Islam is a salvific issue regarding their stances on Christ, sin, judgement, etc.

J

jaybird88

Muslim religion is a savage, brutal works religion. But rather than bash or degrade them we as Christians should tell them about Christ the lord. God is love and we can rest in him. His name is Jesus Christ the Lord. He is even the Lord of the heathen and the whole world. Every knee shall bow and every eye shall see.

For there is none other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved....Acts 4:12

As Christians it is our honor and privilege and duty to tell others about the one true God. And so to our so called Muslim friends, come to Christ, turn from your ways and Rest . Who knows if God will bring them out from where they are and have mercy on some of them. If we witness to them in the love of Christ, we have done our part and God will do the rest.

Isaiah said

"So shall my word that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return void but it shall accomplish that which I please and it shall prosper in then thing were to I sent it"

Come to Christ and rest from your works in him the only true God and Salvation. There is no other way.
calling their faith a savage brutal religion is most defiantly the way to get them savages in to our churches.

P

pottersclay

Samuel. So uncalled for. What a way to derail. Your obsession has to stop.
I was learning something here and then read your self centered immature post.
Get a grip saint. Totally unrelated.

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
Muslims believe Islam is the legitimate religion. That Ishmael is the first born and the promised son. He was the one sacrificed not Isaac. And that Paul is a liar and Jesus is just a prophet. They are still living in the OT that's why polygamy is ok with them. Only the power of the Holy Spirit can fix that kind of twisted faith.

Dec 1, 2014
Why is this thread focused specifically on muslims rather than being universal regarding all non believers?

P

pottersclay

I think just a general knowledge of how and what they think would do this thread just fine.
I have no clue so please continue to post your experiences so I can glean some knowledge.

Thank you

Potter.

P

pottersclay

Why is this thread focused specifically on muslims rather than being universal regarding all non believers?
Brother I think because they pose a threat in a larger scale than we have seen in a long time.
Plus they are the focus of this world right now. Sad but true.