Israel Stands Apart

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 22, 2011
So, that includes everyone who is not a Christian, including the Jews...
Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

Albert Barnes Notes of the Bible
Rom 11:18 -
Boast not ... - The tendency of people is to triumph over one that is fallen and rejected. The danger of pride and boasting on account of privileges is not less in the church than elsewhere. Paul saw that some of the Gentiles might be in danger of exultation over the fallen Jews, and therefore cautions them against it. The ingrafted shoot, deriving all its vigor and fruitfulness from the stock of another tree, ought not to boast against the branches.

Adam Clarke's Commentary on the Bible
Boast not against the branches - While you are ready to acknowledge that you were included in the covenant made with Abraham, and are now partakers of the same blessings with him, do not exult over, much less insult, the branches, his present descendants, whose place you now fill up, according to the election of grace: for remember, ye are not the root, nor do ye bear the root, but the root bears you. You have not been the means of deriving any blessing on the Jewish people; but through that very people, which you may be tempted to despise, all the blessing and excellencies which you enjoy have been communicated to you.

J

jahsoul

Do a little research on the terrorist acts of the palistenians and other groups active in Israel.

Do you even wonder why israel reacts the way it does, or does your hatred of jews just automatically assumes jews will act in certain manners?

May I ask you a question?

Please, if you can, define bigotry for me.
First, do a little research about me before you make assumptions that I hate anyone. I treat Zionism like I treat any other POLITICAL IDEOLOGY. What's so hard to understand that Zionism is purely political...

But to answer you question, if you want to be technical, Gaza isn't a part of the state of Israel; it's self governed. And you want to know why I wonder why they react they way they do? I have no idea. History tells us they are good for preemptive strikes and false flags, The Palestinian Civil War, Zionist hand in the holocaust, the bombing of King David hotel, the USS Liberty incident, & the 5 Day War; Zionist leaders in the state of Israel isn't innocent of anything.

And being bigoted is having a sense of superiority over something and someone because of a perceived different and using that as a prejudice against them.

J

jahsoul

Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

Albert Barnes Notes of the Bible
Boast not ... - The tendency of people is to triumph over one that is fallen and rejected. The danger of pride and boasting on account of privileges is not less in the church than elsewhere. Paul saw that some of the Gentiles might be in danger of exultation over the fallen Jews, and therefore cautions them against it. The ingrafted shoot, deriving all its vigor and fruitfulness from the stock of another tree, ought not to boast against the branches.

Adam Clarke's Commentary on the Bible
Boast not against the branches - While you are ready to acknowledge that you were included in the covenant made with Abraham, and are now partakers of the same blessings with him, do not exult over, much less insult, the branches, his present descendants, whose place you now fill up, according to the election of grace: for remember, ye are not the root, nor do ye bear the root, but the root bears you. You have not been the means of deriving any blessing on the Jewish people; but through that very people, which you may be tempted to despise, all the blessing and excellencies which you enjoy have been communicated to you.
Romans 11 has absolutely nothing to do with religious Jews or those who occupy a land they call Israel. Paul doesn't even use the word Jew in Romans 11 so on that, no matter how reputable those 2 commentaries might be, they are questionable because they equate the house of Israel with Jews.

That being said, those branches that we shouldn't boast against are the Children of Israel; the 12 (well it's actually 13 but you know) Tribes of Israel. And don't take my word for it. I invite you to reread Romans 11 without any commentary, just what it says, and you'll see that it is purely about The Children of Israel.

K

Karraster

Enthusiastically' Supported Nazis

Sunday, January 05, 2014 | Israel Today Staff
A senior Palestinian official last month confirmed for Russian television that the Palestinian Arab leadership at the time of World War II “enthusiastically” supported Adolf Hitler’s Nazi regime, especially its war against the hated “Zionists.”
During an interview with Russia Today TV, former PLO political bureau chief Farouk Kaddoumi was asked if the Palestinian leadership was “sympathetic with Nazi Germany in WWII?”
Without batting an eye, Kaddoumi answered: “I don’t think it would be wrong to say that we were enthusiastic supporters of Germany.”
Wanting to clarify this astonishingly candid response, the interviewer repeated: “You supported Hitler and his people?”
Kaddoumi’s reply was the same: “Germany, yes. This was common among the Palestinians, especially since our enemy was Zionism, and we saw that Zionism was hostile to Germany, and vice versa.”
While the blunt nature of Kaddoumi’s admission might seem unusual, the content of his remarks represent no great surprise for students of history.
At the height of World War II, Palestinian spiritual leader and Mufti of Jerusalem Haj Amin al-Husseini (pictured) was an outspoken ally of the Nazis. Several photographs of Husseini meeting with Hitler exist, and the sheikh is known to have actively recruited Muslims in the Balkans and elsewhere to the Nazi cause.
It should also be noted that Kaddoumi’s comments cannot in this particular instance be brushed aside as “playing to the crowd” since the Russians were one of Hitler’s greatest foes and suffered greatly at the hands of the Nazi war machine.

May 3, 2013
.While this may not be new, it may be new to some. Of course I did find it on the internet so, if this is incorrect please inform.

Countries eligible to sit on the *U.N. Security Council: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoro Islands, Congo, Costa Rica, Cote d'lvoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of Korea, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Viet Nam, Yemen, Yugoslavia, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Countries NOT eligible to sit on the *U.N. Security Council: Israel
Shalom, Karraster!

I will check the site...

I just wanted to leave this:How to Keep a Kosher Kitchen | Jewish Virtual Library

I do would like to tell THEM, Venezuela, is UNSAFE, by the way. :(

Jan 12, 2014
you can't say that.
you'll go to prison.
but if you are a reactionary fake US nationalist (Patriot), you'll defend anything the US does.
The greatest merchant of death and greed, far surpassing any empire before it.

Drett: what you say is true (human rights violations).
But some are more human than others.
The bar of decency and human rights doesn't apply to the most supremacist and hostile nation on earth - Isreal.
scoffers will soon know.
and they are to blame.

Jan 12, 2014
Enthusiastically' Supported Nazis

Sunday, January 05, 2014 | Israel Today Staff
A senior Palestinian official last month confirmed for Russian television that the Palestinian Arab leadership at the time of World War II “enthusiastically” supported Adolf Hitler’s Nazi regime, especially its war against the hated “Zionists.”
During an interview with Russia Today TV, former PLO political bureau chief Farouk Kaddoumi was asked if the Palestinian leadership was “sympathetic with Nazi Germany in WWII?”
Without batting an eye, Kaddoumi answered: “I don’t think it would be wrong to say that we were enthusiastic supporters of Germany.”
Wanting to clarify this astonishingly candid response, the interviewer repeated: “You supported Hitler and his people?”
Kaddoumi’s reply was the same: “Germany, yes. This was common among the Palestinians, especially since our enemy was Zionism, and we saw that Zionism was hostile to Germany, and vice versa.”
While the blunt nature of Kaddoumi’s admission might seem unusual, the content of his remarks represent no great surprise for students of history.
At the height of World War II, Palestinian spiritual leader and Mufti of Jerusalem Haj Amin al-Husseini (pictured) was an outspoken ally of the Nazis. Several photographs of Husseini meeting with Hitler exist, and the sheikh is known to have actively recruited Muslims in the Balkans and elsewhere to the Nazi cause.
It should also be noted that Kaddoumi’s comments cannot in this particular instance be brushed aside as “playing to the crowd” since the Russians were one of Hitler’s greatest foes and suffered greatly at the hands of the Nazi war machine.
you haters of arabs and palenstinians are sickening. You just look at the body count and say..oh well.
You think Israel is God's UBERPLAN. He approves of all that torture and destruction.

THAT'S NOT THE GOD OF HEAVEN.
that's satan.

no clue the Israel of God is believers in Christ.
but, you KEEP THE LAW, right?....so what do you need Christ for?
nothing/ He died for nothing in your world.

Judaizers are enemies of the Cross.
all of them.
even the slick ones like you

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
Israel has stood apart its entire history. Nothing new there. People will find reasons to stomp on and shout at it as often as sin on this Earth occasions it, even if those reasons are that Israel is full of sinners (this is actually the popular approach).

Jewish Zionists are plotting against Germany! Jews killed Christ! Jews bake the blood of Gentile babies into matzah! Jews oppress the Palestinians! Jews committed genocide thousands of years ago! Jews are so stubborn they can't be incorporated into your empire! The Jews are stubborn and rebellious, because they do not submit to the Imperial Cult! The Jews disfigure the genitals of their children, how cruel! Same song and dance. There's usually an element of truth to each rumor to blind those who are more than willing to receive said rumors.

My approach? The Arabs got all of Trans-Jordan; let the Jews have Israel. Let it be a Jewish state as defined by God in the Torah. And under that governing principle, let it have the same law for Arab foreigners as for Jews. Protect the Palestinian Arabs (as Jewish police and military forces have often done), and kill all of the Arab terrorists. No more releasing 500 of them for 1 Jew so that more Jews die.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2014
Israel has stood apart its entire history. Nothing new there..
Debatable. ..depends on what you mean. Voluntary exclusion from the rest of humanity...strict genealogical prophecies needed for Messiah....dont know hat you mean...stood apart. It hasnt helped them as a group for 2000 years.

Certainly ordained By God prior to the coming of the promise (to-of) Abraham (and all the OT prophecies) - Law schoolmaster to bring to Christ.

In any case - finalized 33-70AD:

Matthew 21
The Parable of the Wicked Tenants
42Jesus said to them, "Did you never read in the Scriptures, 'THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDERS REJECTED, THIS BECAME THE CHIEF CORNER stone; THIS CAME ABOUT FROM THE LORD, AND IT IS MARVELOUS IN OUR EYES '? 43"Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people, producing the fruit of it.

This is not exclude or replace or postpone anything relevant Israel looked forward to.
The chosen were blessed and received. To find out what happened to the rest, read the Gospels.
Bye.

Last edited:

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
Debatable. ..depends on what you mean. Voluntary exclusion from the rest of humanity...strict genealogical prophecies needed for Messiah....dont know hat you mean...stood apart. It hasnt helped them as a group for 2000 years.

Certainly ordained By God prior to the coming of the promise (to-of) Abraham (and all the OT prophecies) - Law schoolmaster to bring to Christ.

In any case - finalized 33-70AD:

Matthew 21
The Parable of the Wicked Tenants
42Jesus said to them, "Did you never read in the Scriptures, 'THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDERS REJECTED, THIS BECAME THE CHIEF CORNER stone; THIS CAME ABOUT FROM THE LORD, AND IT IS MARVELOUS IN OUR EYES '? 43"Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people, producing the fruit of it.

This is not exclude or replace or postpone anything relevant Israel looked forward to.
The chosen were blessed and received. To find out what happened to the rest, read the Gospels.
Bye.
Doesn't Matthew 21:45 state that the chief priests and pharisees knew that Jesus was talking about "them?" It doesn't say, "they knew he was talking about all Israel."

Also, wouldn't the best bet be that the physical kingdom had already been taken away from Israel during the reign of the Greek King Herod right at Jesus' arrival on this Earth as prophesied by Genesis 49:10? I mean, if one were to say the physical kingdom had been taken from them. And if the physical kingdom had been taken from them does that mean they have ceased to be God's chosen physical people?

Some people claim that God is still watching out for Israel, especially in light of its latest regathering to the land. They claim this is the fulfillment of Bible prophecy.

Jan 12, 2014
Some people claim that God is still watching out for Israel, especially in light of its latest regathering to the land. They claim this is the fulfillment of Bible prophecy.
Which Bible prophecy.
What regathering to the land. Explain.
The land is being polluted and defiled daily.
Murder and crime and idolatry. Thats what got the Israelites expelled. Why would they be gathered and not expelled.
Explain why Jews would be there in unbelief (rejection of Christ); rebellion; murder; crime.
Polluting the land with blood.

People like to say God never changes.
Did He change his mind about this:

Numbers 35
"'Do not pollute the land where you are. Bloodshed pollutes the land, and atonement cannot be made for the land on which blood has been shed, except by the blood of the one who shed it.

Did Jesus change His mind about living by the sword and dying by it.
Jesus isnt putting the finishing touched on Tel Aviv. or Jerusalem.
He is doing something better:

Ephesians 1:20-22
which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church,

Doesn't Matthew 21:45 state that the chief priests and pharisees knew that Jesus was talking about "them?" It doesn't say, "they knew he was talking about all Israel."
Why try to downplay the nearly complete apostasy and failure of virtually the entire nation of Israel (the reason Christ stood in their stead, The True Israel - they failed, He didnt).
The Gospels present quite a different picture than you present.

Almost to a man, Jesus was abandoned.
His disciples deserted Him.

John 16
"A time is coming and in fact has come when you will be scattered, each to your own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me.

Even those who hailed Him as King at the Triumphal Entry were shortly after calling for His death.

John 19:14-15

Now it was the day of preparation for the Passover; it was about the sixth hour. And he said to the Jews, "Behold, your King!" So they cried out, "Away with Him, away with Him, crucify Him!" Pilate said to them, "Shall I crucify your King?" The chief priests answered, "We have no king but Caesar."

The chief priests answered, "We have no king but Caesar."
But there was a huge crowd...of regular Jews, stirred up by the leaders: they cried out, "Away with Him, away with Him, crucify Him!"

How many of the 5000 were saved.

John 6:26
Jesus answered, "Very truly I tell you, you are looking for me, not because you saw the signs I performed but because you ate the loaves and had your fill.

The Bible repeatedly says Israel was divided over Christ. Thats not just the Pharisees.
By the time of the Apostles, they were being persecuted as much as they were received.
The Disciples and Apostles of our New Covenant Book describe and represent the few, many, elect (etc) - the faithful.

Division is what He said He was bringing.

Luke 12
“I came to cast fire on the earth, and would that it were already kindled! I have a baptism to be baptized with, and how great is my distress until it is accomplished! Do you think that I have come to give peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division. For from now on in one house there will be five divided, three against two and two against three. They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

John 7:43-44
"Has not the Scripture said that the Christ comes from the descendants of David, and from Bethlehem, the village where David was?" So a division occurred in the crowd because of Him.Some of them wanted to seize Him, but no one laid hands on Him.

John 12:42
Yet at the same time many even among the leaders believed in him. But because of the Pharisees they would not openly acknowledge their faith for fear they would be put out of the synagogue;

John 4:48
"Unless you people see signs and wonders," Jesus told him, "you will never believe."

Matthew 8:10
When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, "Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith.

And why did over a million suffer and die in Jerusalem in 70AD - to Gods wrath - if only the Pharisees (and a couple others) were against Him.

Biblical revisionism - to make Israel stand apart in some future, geographical globally positive role as a nation once again...under Christ from Jerusalem. But they are never said to be again be a particular nation again, either within Judea (under Rome) or anywhere else. Reason: The Promise to Abraham - the Gentiles would be fellow-heirs.

So how can you have one people of God under one King, and one faith - in that King and Messiah - that is distinctly jewish when the plan was always :

Ephesians 2:13-16
But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility by abolishing the law of commandments expressed in ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace, and might reconcile us both to God in one body through the cross, thereby killing the hostility.

But this is intolerable for some....that God would mix jews and gentiles. Or more specifically, not keep them separate, even in His church: (Israel stands apart), Christians have God now reverting to a restricted sectarianism. favoring jews.

The only problem is, the Bible says nothing like that.

Romans 9:22-26
What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory— even us whom he has called, not from the Jews only but also from the Gentiles? As indeed he says in Hosea,

“Those who were not my people I will call ‘my people,’
and her who was not beloved I will call ‘beloved.’”
“And in the very place where it was said to them, ‘You are not my people,’
there they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’”

Acts 15
"And God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us; and He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith.

Galatians 2:11-12
But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned. For prior to the coming of certain men from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he began to withdraw and hold himself aloof, fearing the party of the circumcision.…

Also, wouldn't the best bet be that the physical kingdom had already been taken away from Israel during the reign of the Greek King Herod right at Jesus' arrival on this Earth as prophesied by Genesis 49:10? I mean, if one were to say the physical kingdom had been taken from them. And if the physical kingdom had been taken from them does that mean they have ceased to be God's chosen physical people?.
The kingdom was taken from them by God. Not every individual cut-off. Some branches were.

Herod was a Jew.

There was no physical majestic Kingdom after David and Solomon - they were in in captivity - for polluting the land.
They returned to Judea for a relatively short but crucially important time to receive their Promise - a Crucified Savior, Jesus the promised Messiah, and the Holy Spirit.

Forgiveness of sins, salvation and a kingdom. With a Benevolent King. Peace with God.
But, they did not understand, or want that kind of king (they were in the middle of wars and rebellions with each other, and the Romans):

Luke 19:43
"If you had known in this day, even you, the things which make for peace! But now they have been hidden from your eyes."For the days will come upon you when your enemies will throw up a barricade against you, and surround you and hem you in on every side,…

The temporal kingdom bwas taken from the apostates and given to others (jew & gentile believers).
But the eternal kingdom is open for all who humble themselves and repent.
The kingdom and city the (faithful) Jews looked for,is not on earth (not on this cursed earth).

Hebrews 11:15-16
And indeed if they had been thinking of that country from which they went out, they would have had opportunity to return. But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God; for He has prepared a city for them.

Unbelieving Jews still look for a physical kingdom (just like the worlds kingdoms)
Oddly so do many Christians.
They just arent sure of their standing (as gentiles) in the kingdom.

Why the insistence that All Israel was godly; saintly and saved...or will be. No one is righteous, not even one.
A very odd fixation on the word All. And an apparent misunderstanding of who is Israel.

If that were true (that All Israel was godly; saintly and saved...or will be...even due to election or any other cause, the KEY word being ALL), why did God decree and carry out the total destruction of the unfaithful, rebels, corrupt leadership, the temple and every single sign that there even was an Old Covenant, or, said another way - Why did God have Titus level Israel and her earthly kingdom. Why did He warn about through half the bible.

And if the physical kingdom had been taken from them does that mean they have ceased to be God's chosen physical people?
Chosen physical people?
Gentiles are said to be chosen physical people also.

What do you mean physical. You must be born again.
But those chosen people must have faith in Jesus Christ.
The chosen people Israel (elect; obedient; shown mercy; called;...however you want to label it) grew into a large church comprised of....JEWS AND GENTILES. They are known as Christians.

if its tempting to deny this basic Christian tenet, somethings wrong.

Some people claim that God is still watching out for Israel, especially in light of its latest regathering to the land.
You mean Jesus is responsible for all that murder and war? Or at least cheering for Israel?
I don't believe that.
There is no more re-gathering to "The Land".
the land issue is resolved.

They claim this is the fulfillment of Bible prophecy.
That's pretty vague, and easy. and popular.
Why doesn't anyone attempt to prove it.

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
The Jews will be conquered again as far as I can tell from Revelation and Daniel.

Keren said:
That's pretty vague, and easy. and popular.
Why doesn't anyone attempt to prove it.
Because I'm too lazy? But since I've sort of attempted it before I can just redirect you to a previous post of mine here: http://christianchat.com/group.php?gmid=11687&do=discuss#gmessage11687 Last post of mine on the page.

As a side note, whether or not God's chosen them as a People has nothing to do with their saintliness.

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
If that were true (that All Israel was godly; saintly and saved...or will be...even due to election or any other cause, the KEY word being ALL),
never said anything about Israel being saintly and saved. Moses was saved... Abraham was saved... Probably King David, too. But all Israel was not saved. However, all Israel was chosen by God. That's what makes me think that God chose Israel as a physical People. Because they were not all born again, but he still chose them all. Hope that makes sense. To me it's like this:

John 8:31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.

Jesus chose a lot of different people as disciples. Judas was among these. However, he was not really a disciple even if he were known as such while on this Earth. I think the same of those Jews who reject the Messiah. They are God's chosen People, but they're not really God's chosen People. Understand?

John the Baptist was a Jew, and at one point - even after he baptized Jesus - he was unsure of who Jesus was. I don't think anyone would argue that Jews like him are to not be considered God's chosen People - at least in a physical respect. So I think that God chose a physical People - the Jews who likewise chose God. Those Jews who choose Christ are really God's People, and those Gentiles who do so are grafted in. Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2014
The Jews will be conquered again as far as I can tell from Revelation and Daniel.
Christians will be persecuted.
They are God's people. Daniel was about Israel's specific regional problems related to their disobedience to the Covenant.
The Mosaic Covenant. Which no longer exists.

Revelation is about Christians.
Two different groups after the Cross. Believing jews (christians) together with (believing) gentiles are the Church.
Unbelieving jews and gentiles are enemies of Christ and the Church.

What do the jews have to do with it except they are in dire need of the Gospel of their salvation?

Because I'm too lazy? But since I've sort of attempted it before I can just redirect you to a previous post of mine here: http://christianchat.com/group.php?gmid=11687&do=discuss#gmessage11687 Last post of mine on the page.
haha.
Okay, i'll look at it, thank you.

As a side note, whether or not God's chosen them as a People has nothing to do with their saintliness.
Deuteronomy 7:6-8
For you are a holy people to the LORD your God; the LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for His own possession out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth. "The LORD did not set His love on you nor choose you because you were more in number than any of the peoples, for you were the fewest of all peoples, but because the LORD loved you and kept the oath which He swore to your forefathers, the LORD brought you out by a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

the oath which He swore to your forefathers

Stephen’s Speech
Acts 7 ESV

Acts 7:33-34
Then the Lord said to him, ‘Take off the sandals from your feet, for the place where you are standing is holy ground. I have surely seen the affliction of my people who are in Egypt, and have heard their groaning, and I have come down to deliver them. And now come, I will send you to Egypt.’

Acts 7
37This is the Moses who said to the Israelites, ‘God will raise up for you a prophet like me from your brothers.’ 38This is the one who was in the congregation in the wilderness with the angel who spoke to him at Mount Sinai, and with our fathers. He received living oracles to give to us. 39Our fathers refused to obey him, but thrust him aside, and in their hearts they turned to Egypt, 40saying to Aaron, ‘Make for us gods who will go before us. As for this Moses who led us out from the land of Egypt, we do not know what has become of him.’ 41And they made a calf in those days, and offered a sacrifice to the idol and were rejoicing in the works of their hands. 42But God turned away and gave them over to worship the host of heaven, as it is written in the book of the prophets:“‘Did you bring to me slain beasts and sacrifices,
during the forty years in the wilderness, O house of Israel?

43You took up the tent of Moloch
and the star of your god Rephan,
the images that you made to worship;
and I will send you into exile beyond Babylon.’

44“Our fathers had the tent of witness in the wilderness, just as he who spoke to Moses directed him to make it, according to the pattern that he had seen. 45Our fathers in turn brought it in with Joshua when they dispossessed the nations that God drove out before our fathers. So it was until the days of David,46who found favor in the sight of God and asked to find a dwelling place for the God of Jacob.a 47But it was Solomon who built a house for him. 48Yet the Most High does not dwell in houses made by hands, as the prophet says,49“‘Heaven is my throne,

and the earth is my footstool.
What kind of house will you build for me, says the Lord,
or what is the place of my rest?
50Did not my hand make all these things?’

51“You stiff-necked people, uncircumcised in heart and ears, you always resist the Holy Spirit. As your fathers did, so do you. 52Which of the prophets did your fathers not persecute? And they killed those who announced beforehand the coming of the Righteous One, whom you have now betrayed and murdered, 53you who received the law as delivered by angels and did not keep it.”

Hebrews 3
And with whom was he angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies perished in the wilderness

1 Corinthians 10:5
Nevertheless, God was not pleased with most of them; their bodies were scattered in the wilderness.

Jude 1:5
So I want to remind you, though you already know these things, that Jesus first rescued the nation of Israel from Egypt, but later he destroyed those who did not remain faithful.

Will ALL ISRAEL be saved?

Jan 12, 2014
They are God's chosen People, but they're not really God's chosen People. Understand?
No.

Colossians 1
26that is, the mystery which has been hidden from the past ages and generations, but has now been manifested to His saints, 27to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. 28We proclaim Him, admonishing every man and teaching every man with all wisdom, so that we may present every man complete in Christ.

Dec 12, 2013
.While this may not be new, it may be new to some. Of course I did find it on the internet so, if this is incorrect please inform.

Countries eligible to sit on the *U.N. Security Council: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoro Islands, Congo, Costa Rica, Cote d'lvoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of Korea, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Viet Nam, Yemen, Yugoslavia, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Israel has not been forsaken of his God and one day soon this will be set straight by the Lion of the Tribe of Judah as He sits upon the throne of David ruling the world from the world capitol with a rod of iron.

Dec 29, 2013

The title and context of this thread assumes Biblical Israel is nation of neo-Pharisees calling itself the same. Not true, today's version of "...them which say they are Jews and are not, but are of the synagogue of Satan" (Rev. 2:9; 3:9) are, according to their own historians not Israelites. Google on The Invention of the Jewish People by Israeli professor Shlomo Sand, and The Thirteenth Tribe by Jewish historian Arthur Koestler, and the 2012 Johns Hopkins Jewish DNA Study. All of these document the mostly non-Israelitish Khazarian ancestry of contemporary "Jews."

F

Fishbait

A nation of anti-Jesus people, calling themselves "Israel" does not make it so. Everyone seems to identify literal ,genetic Israel based on the idea that these people rejected Jesus 2000 years ago. That this is not true is evidenced by scores of scripture references, example: "thou seest brother how many thousands of Jews there are which believe" (Acts 21:20); "for he mightily conviced the Jews...showing by the scriptures that Jesus was Christ" (Acts 18:28). The epistle to the Hebrews, written, obviously, to Hebrew-Israelites describes them as accepting of Jesus and the New Covenant. James, written to "the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad" describes them in a Christian, in a New Covenant context. By now you are wondering, what happened to the descendants of those "thousands" of "convinced...Jews," who and where are they today? Answer: Their millions of descendants, no longer called Jews, are one and the same with Christendom, with historic Christianity. Are you one of them?
Christians should definitely support the nation of Israel. We must remember that Israel, the nation, is very special to God. We read in Deuteronomy 7:6-8 these words: "For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession. The LORD did not set his affection on you and choose you because you were more numerous than other peoples, for you were the fewest of all peoples. But it was because the LORD loved you and kept the oath he swore to your forefathers that he brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the land of slavery, from the power of Pharaoh king of Egypt."

God's eternal purpose is to bless the world through Israel. Already He has done so in measure, for "salvation is from the Jews" (John 4:22), but the fullness of future blessing is indicated in the wondrous promise of Isaiah 27:6: "In days to come Jacob will take root, Israel will bud and blossom and fill all the world with fruit."

The declaration that "salvation is from the Jews” suggests our immeasurable debt to Israel. All that we have worth having has come to us through the Jews. Our Bible is a Jewish Book, and our Savior is a Jewish Savior. Let us never forget to pray for God's chosen people. It is true that Israel, today, is in the place of rejection. The nation is a secular, unbelieving (as to the claims of Scripture and their Messiah, Jesus Christ) nation; but "…at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace" (Romans 11:5). Some Jews are being saved and are becoming members of the body of Christ through faith in their Messiah.

Jews are, biblically speaking, the "chosen people of God" and dearly loved by Him. Another reason for Christians to support the nation of Israel is because of the Abrahamic Covenant. We read of God’s promise in Genesis 12:2-3, "I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you" (see also Genesis 27:29; Numbers 24:9).

One of the United States’ most worthwhile accomplishments has been its consistent regard for the plight of the Jewish nation. No nation in the history of the world has a better record of treating individual Jews with respect than does America. The same can be said for our befriending Israel as a nation. America has committed many sins for which we may well deserve judgment, but as a nation, we have been a consistent friend of the Jews and the nation of Israel, as well as a benefactor. In 1948, President Harry Truman helped persuade the United Nations to recognize Israel as a nation. Since then, the United States has contributed billions of dollars in aid to Israel.

From the biblical declarations of God's love and care for His chosen people, the nation of Israel, and from the history of nations being destroyed because of their evil dealings with God's chosen people, the Jews, Christian believers should give support to the chosen people of God. This is not to say that we support necessarily the methods they use in their relationships with the Arab nations. The Bible warned that conflict would always characterize the relations between the descendants of Isaac and Ishmael. Sadly, this conflict will continue until Jesus comes back to judge the nations and sets up His 1,000-year reign of peace on earth.

We must look at the "big picture” with a biblical worldview. While we do not have to support everything Israel does as a nation, we most definitely should support Israel’s right to exist. God will fulfill His promises and covenants with Israel. God still has a plan for Israel. Woe to anyone who seeks to defeat that plan; “whoever curses you I will curse” (Genesis 12:3).