Indeed well said no matter what we need to keep our eyes on Jesus while being aware on what goes on around us. There are many people who are dooms day preppers they have built weapons and stocked up on food and supplies, I always thought they were going a bit overboard but wouldnt it be funny if it turns out they were right all along?
I study bible prophecy so I know and see a lot of it being fulfilled just in the past two years but we are not yet into the dangerous stage yet, or at least not in America.
The only prep I worry about or work on is getting my heart right with Jesus as far as the food etc. If God wants to feed me then He can send food by a bird if need be like He did with Elijah. We need trust and faith in God that He will provide and take care of us and quit relying on ourselves in that day of trouble.
Where is the faith and trust in God in stock piling food? Other people will be hungry too and they will take it away. They have such technology now with the heat sensors and such that it will only be by God's protection we will be safe not on our own ability.
Joshua and Caleb had faith and trust in God and they are the only ones of the older group that made it into the promised land.... I want to have God help me build that same kind of faith and trust and walk right into Heaven holding His hand with protection provided resting under His wing as in Psalm 91 my favorite chapter in the Bible.