It occurred to me

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Sirk

Banned
Mar 2, 2016
8,893
107
0
That this place is an outlet for many to come and stroke their own egos. It's even more interesting when it is self professing Christians that do it. This post will probably fall on a whole lot of deaf ears. As for me, I'm putting myself in ego recovery. In the end my opinions don't really matter all that much. What matters is God gave me life and he wants me to go live it. He doesn't want me to be tossed around by all the hot air of the world. I hope someone gets what I'm saying. I'm sirk and I'm a recovering egotist.
 
I'm glad you've come to this realization. LOL

Intellectualism is as damaging to a persons soul as any addiction. I never thought I'd say this but I don't see too many Christians on here that are any different from the world.
 
Sometimes I do wonder about how much debate on here counts as good and meaningful, and how much counts as meaningless bickering, yeah : p Including myself.

I dont think every debate here is meaningless, I think there are good and productive conversations on here. But I know I have reacted out of anger and pride before, and Im sure just about everyone else here is guilty of that too : p

I dont want to go shaming anyone for that, I am just posting my thoughts, that I have wondered about this before too : p
 
♫ "Half the world hates
What half the world does everyday..."
♫
 
Yup, totally agreed bro Sirk! Hallelujah!! Please let me join your recovery club? :)

I Corinthians 1: 26-31
[SUP]26 [/SUP]Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. [SUP]27 [/SUP]But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. [SUP]28 [/SUP]God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, [SUP]29 [/SUP]so that no one may boast before him. [SUP]30 [/SUP]It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. [SUP]31 [/SUP]Therefore, as it is written: “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.”
 
Hey Sirk, I actually created my signature to help remind me not to get sidetracked by my flesh (intellect). I guess I should read it more often, huh? LOL :rolleyes:

Titus 3:9
But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.