It seems, more times than not, I wind up posting a comment to the wrong person. How do you know when your post is to the right person?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
This seems irritating to some and I can understand why.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
This seems irritating to some and I can understand why.
Hello @PERFECTION, if I want to make a comment to a particular individual, I hit the reply button at the bottom of their post and then write my reply underneath it (like I just did here).

~Deut

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hello again @PERFECTION, if I don't want to hit the reply button like I just did above, but I want to get someone's attention, I put the "@" sign before their user name, like I just did with yours.

~Deut

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Hello again @PERFECTION, if I don't want to hit the reply button like I just did above, but I want to get someone's attention, I put the "@" sign before their user name, like I just did with yours.

~Deut

Just yell "hey crazy orange cat lady".. You'll get my attention real fast.. lol

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Hello Perfection :) Just to add to what @Deuteronomy and @tourist have said, when you want to alert someone by using the @ followed by the user name, options will appear from a drop-down after a couple or few letters of the user name are entered, accompanied by the user's avatar, which will reduce any confusion (as some user names are quite similar) and help you select the correct user name.

Reading the content in the message box that comes up when you use the "Reply" option to quote someone can be helpful as well. Please make sure when you begin your reply not to erase any of the coding around the words "quote" and "unquote" as that destroys the formatting. Also, if you have already started a response to anyone else in the same thread which you did not post, that will automatically return every time you go to make another post in the same thread. That content will appear above what you are newly quoting, and again can cause confusion especially if any of the coding has been accidentally erased, because then it will look like you are quoting someone who did not say what appears in the quote box. Reading code is called parsing, and it is actually quite simple. The command tags are placed within the square brackets found on PC keyboards to the right of the "P" key :)

You can also use an option that appears if and when you highlight a portion of a person's post... a "Reply" option appears and creates, when you click on it, your quote using just what you have highlighted. I hope that was helpful :)