It's like I'm watching a movie...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

JesusistheChrist

...and I'm the starring actor who is free falling in a bottomless pit.

How's that for an intro?

I've had a spate of events, uncaused by me (to my present knowledge and understanding) and not due to any negligence or irresponsibility on my part (again, to my present knowledge and understanding), which have put me in a major financial crisis.

My prayer request is twofold:

1. That God would grant me the wisdom and the grace to get out of this mess (or for Him to get me out of this mess because it seems humanly impossible at the moment).

2. That if there is any negligence or irresponsibility on my part (or sin, in general) which has led to this, that God would plainly reveal it to me that I might genuinely repent of the same.

Seriously, I need an answer from God immediately...if not sooner.

Any prayers offered up to God on my behalf will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

crmvet

Jul 4, 2013
Philippians 4:19

J

JesusistheChrist

Philippians 4:19
Believe me, I'm familiar with that verse as I cling to it (and others) all of the time.

I probably should add the following:

A while back, I really felt the Holy Spirit impress the following verses upon me and I was like "uh oh":

I Peter chapter 1

[6] Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
[7] That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

This has been some "season" and my "temptations" or "trials" have certainly been "MANIFOLD".

Seriously, please pray that I endure this because I'm really in a bad situation right now and time is of the essence.

Thanks.

P

psychomom

Believe me, I'm familiar with that verse as I cling to it (and others) all of the time.

I probably should add the following:

A while back, I really felt the Holy Spirit impress the following verses upon me and I was like "uh oh":

I Peter chapter 1

[6] Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
[7] That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

This has been some "season" and my "temptations" or "trials" have certainly been "MANIFOLD".

Seriously, please pray that I endure this because I'm really in a bad situation right now and time is of the essence.

Thanks.
i have prayed for you. ♥

notice trials are to refine our faith...

and i'm sorry for this situation. may our gracious God be your refuge...
your ever present help in trouble...your hope and consolation.

J

JesusistheChrist

i have prayed for you. ♥

notice trials are to refine our faith...

and i'm sorry for this situation. may our gracious God be your refuge...
your ever present help in trouble...your hope and consolation.
Thank you and I have noticed that. I can honestly say that I've grown by leaps and bounds in the midst of this very long ordeal, but I'm really in a bind, just the same. I don't want to go into details, but I really need to hear from God. Things are pretty much worse than they were for this woman:

II Kings chapter 4

[1] Now there cried a certain woman of the wives of the sons of the prophets unto Elisha, saying, Thy servant my husband is dead; and thou knowest that thy servant did fear the LORD: and the creditor is come to take unto him my two sons to be bondmen.
[2] And Elisha said unto her, What shall I do for thee? tell me, what hast thou in the house? And she said, Thine handmaid hath not any thing in the house, save a pot of oil.
[3] Then he said, Go, borrow thee vessels abroad of all thy neighbours, even empty vessels; borrow not a few.
[4] And when thou art come in, thou shalt shut the door upon thee and upon thy sons, and shalt pour out into all those vessels, and thou shalt set aside that which is full.
[5] So she went from him, and shut the door upon her and upon her sons, who brought the vessels to her; and she poured out.
[6] And it came to pass, when the vessels were full, that she said unto her son, Bring me yet a vessel. And he said unto her, There is not a vessel more. And the oil stayed.
[7] Then she came and told the man of God. And he said, Go, sell the oil, and pay thy debt, and live thou and thy children of the rest.

For whatever it's worth, I can assure you all that I fear the LORD, too...

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Yes Lord Jesus, answer these requests for Jesusisthechrist, and always be praised in the lives, Amen

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
Lord,

This man is so dry right now. Breathe on him so that his mind is sharpened, his heart will pulse with new life, and he will see his way through things clearly. Thank you that you are beside him as his helper and deliverer.

Amen.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
JesusistheChrist, I really have no right words to say on how I feel that you're so distressed. I am more upset by how hard the situation fell upon you than by the situation itself. So sorry you're going through this.
Praying God will be quick to hear and answer you more than He's ever done so for me (and man, is He fast). My husband's saying that helped me always in distress is "God has already provided". Whether it is a solution for a problem, a knowledge you need to have, His words to comfort you, God has always either already gave it to you in His foreknowledge, or put it into motion. Hoping this thought comforts you and relieves your stress. Amen

jogoldie

Mar 20, 2014
Father God I come to you to thank you for my brother.......for providing him a way through this trial.....
for giving him strength and understanding.....for providing him wisdom.......i thank you in Jesus' name......amen.....

J

JesusistheChrist

Thank you all for your comments and prayers. It's comforting just to know that there are others who care.

God bless you all.

V

VioletReigns

Brother JesusistheChrist, the Lord cares. We don't have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace so that we may RECEIVE mercy and FIND HELP in time of need.

This world is not our home. We are sojourners, we are one breath closer to eternity with every breath we take. These are temporary circumstances and we know that all things work together for good to them which love the Lord and are called according to HIS purpose. This circumstance will surely pass, but God's purpose will be made manifest in you. His will be done.

All of our self-efforts will end in disappointment and denial because we have no power in ourselves to accomplish anything for God. When we come to the end of ourselves, our pride, our intellect, mentally and completely, that's when we are able to receive from the Holy Spirit, He invades us and consumes us. There is now only One who directs your life, the Lord Jesus Christ.

I pray in the name of Jesus Christ that you will abandon your being into the hands of the Lord Jesus and trust Him to work out everything according to His perfect will.

B

butterfly712

I'm so sorry to hear this JesusistheChrist please Lord Jesus,please see to Jesusisthechrist and answer these requests in Lord,Jesus name,Amen.

J

JesusistheChrist

Brother JesusistheChrist, the Lord cares. We don't have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace so that we may RECEIVE mercy and FIND HELP in time of need.

This world is not our home. We are sojourners, we are one breath closer to eternity with every breath we take. These are temporary circumstances and we know that all things work together for good to them which love the Lord and are called according to HIS purpose. This circumstance will surely pass, but God's purpose will be made manifest in you. His will be done.

All of our self-efforts will end in disappointment and denial because we have no power in ourselves to accomplish anything for God. When we come to the end of ourselves, our pride, our intellect, mentally and completely, that's when we are able to receive from the Holy Spirit, He invades us and consumes us. There is now only One who directs your life, the Lord Jesus Christ.

I pray in the name of Jesus Christ that you will abandon your being into the hands of the Lord Jesus and trust Him to work out everything according to His perfect will.
Hi, Violet.

Believe me, I know these things and I meditate upon them all of the time. Truly, "my times are in His hands" (Psalm 31:5). Thanks for your straightforward words.

J

JesusistheChrist

I'm so sorry to hear this JesusistheChrist please Lord Jesus,please see to Jesusisthechrist and answer these requests in Lord,Jesus name,Amen.
Hi, butterfly712.

Thank you for your compassion and your prayers.

ISeeYou

Jan 8, 2015
I just saw your post here (and Im sorry to hear you are still going through a rough time).

And I will pray for you also.

And if you'd like to talk about it you have my email. Well, I think you still do, if you havent already deleted me out of your address book by now.

And listen, If you need more then prayers and I can be of help in some other way I would be glad to.

Our God richly bless you and yours and keep you in Christ Jesus the Lord

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I have said prayer for you. My own 'movie' just recently ended and it was a horror show also. Be of good cheer because God's help will arrive at a theater near you. God Bless You.

J

JesusistheChrist

I just saw your post here (and Im sorry to hear you are still going through a rough time).

And I will pray for you also.

And if you'd like to talk about it you have my email. Well, I think you still do, if you havent already deleted me out of your address book by now.

And listen, If you need more then prayers and I can be of help in some other way I would be glad to.

Our God richly bless you and yours and keep you in Christ Jesus the Lord
My situation has actually worsened in the natural since you and I last discussed it, but, again, I see God's hand in it (part of it, anyway...I also believe that Satan desires to sift me as wheat), spiritually speaking. IOW, these "fiery trials" have had a purifying effect on me as I've dealt with different things before the Lord which the aforementioned "fires" have exposed. Anyhow, I normally don't ask for prayer support too often, but seeing how these "MANIFOLD" (it's like I'm being hit from every direction possible) temptations or trials have been going on for so long (4 1/2 years or so), sometimes I just grow weary and I know to turn to the saints for prayer support at such times.

J

JesusistheChrist

I have said prayer for you. My own 'movie' just recently ended and it was a horror show also. Be of good cheer because God's help will arrive at a theater near you. God Bless You.
Thanks, tourist. I hope that some popcorn is coming, too...I think that I've earned it (and I just like popcorn). Lol.

G4JC

Feb 9, 2011
The way you mentioned it like a movie with a financial meltdown, makes me think we're all in a movie - Generation Zero. :eek:
Anyways...

I pray you will find wisdom and understanding to get out of your situation. :)

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I've spent a little time going over your background; reviewing previous threads and posts. The one in which you told of your conversion was enlightening, as was just getting an overall tenor of your 'theology'. So was hearing you apologize for something two people then said you didn't really have to. Kinda showed your overall tenor of humility. Having (at least tried to) get a sense of you, one thing stands out in my mind:

I've always said that you can tell how powerful one might be in the realm of God by how hard hell works to hold them under.

You have gifts that make you a real threat to the enemy. So be not surprised when they make real attacks upon you. These will pass but more will come - and they will escalate. To be honest, until we are out of here that's how it's going to be. Or, until you no longer pose them a threat. Which I imagine will be until the day you are out of here.

It's all faith in dealing with such things (read Matthew's accounts of the powers of faith http://christianchat.com/blogs/rickyz/6714-power-faith.html). Be founded on the rock that God is real. You know that, and that no matter how much mud they fling your way that will always be true. Sometimes when I'm at my spiritual wit's end I face my demons and say what, even if you broke me and I denied Christ was real it wouldn't change the fact that He is. Then I tell them to take it up with Him, as it's His authority anyway not mine. And sure they may be gone. But there's always more on the way. I try to keep them at bay by coming here ;). Keep doing what you are doing, and more, and know that eventually (God says it's all in the perseverance) they will be permanently silenced and bound. Stick that in their face when they get pushy.

If I may ask, how do you pray? Do you believe in the Spiritual gifts and fruit?

God bless you and protect you!