It's That Time Again! Choose Your Side: Waffles ... or Pancakes?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

What Do You Prefer?

• Total voters

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Hey Everyone,

One good pop culture thread (or two) deserves another, and since I got into a "discussion" (we won't call it a heated argument :)) regarding favorite breakfast breads this morning, and we've been talking about of waffles in another thread, it's time to turn to our CC Panel of Experts (aka, The Singles Forum :).)

Which one is YOUR favorite, and why?

Team Seoul is going for the pancakes (I sure hope this turns out a little better than my attempt to take over the forum with milk chocolate. :()

Give me just a minute and I'm going to post a poll--you can choose more than one answer, and just for fun, I'm going to make it public so we can see what everyone voted for.

Choose your sides... carefully. :)

A

AuntieAnt

PANCAKES!!! :eek:

79772-Buttery-Pancakes.jpg

I only like waffles when they have ice cream between them & dusted with confectionery sugar like they sell on the boardwalk by the Jersey seashore!! :rolleyes:

625ae69e7a61d83febf5d48bcce3d945.jpg

S

Stranger36147

Thank you very much, seoulsearch. Now I want some pancakes or waffles, but there are neither in my house.

It's okay, though. By the way, I think pancakes are better. :)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Don't get me wrong, I like waffles just fine (as in, I won't refuse one if you set it in front of me :)), but I think for me, it's something about the texture...

I like my breakfast the same way I like my pickup lines--fluffy, smooth, and syrupy sweet. :D

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Waffles are the ergonomic choice. They have built in containers for the butter and syrup.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
I don't have a preference cuz I like both!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Holy carp, I'm siding with Tommy on something! o_O

Waffles. Gotta be waffles. Syrup runs right off the surface of pancakes. Waffles catch every drop and hold it until it soaks in.

T

Tinuviel

What if I like...both? I'll say waffles, but only because waffles take less time to make for the family :D. (No small consideration, when you're from as large a family as mine).

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
What if I like...both? I'll say waffles, but only because waffles take less time to make for the family :D. (No small consideration, when you're from as large a family as mine).
Sorry, Tin.

Neutrality is not an option in this thread. :p

It's already sad enough that Tommy and Lynx are batting for the other team.

NOW who am I going to appoint as my second-in-command???

(However... I'm thinking Auntie Aunt and Stranger are going to be able to hold their own against all those waffle-rs. :D)

Last edited:
J

Jennie-Mae

What’s wrong with Grits?:D

T

Tinuviel

I have decided. I have ceased to waffle between the two :p

Sorry, Tin.

Neutrality is not an option in this thread. :p

It's already sad enough that Tommy and Lynx are batting for the other team.

NOW who am I going to appoint as my second-in-command???

(However... I'm thinking Auntie Aunt and Stranger are going to be able to hold their own against all those waffle-rs. :D)

R

renewed_hope

My favorite is a Denver Omelette, but my second choice is French Toast with Peanut Butter slathered in Maple Syrup :eek:

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
WAFFLES FOR THE WIN!

Cause they're more delicious than pancakes.

Sorry Seoul. You're still my boo though.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
WAFFLES FOR THE WIN!

Cause they're more delicious than pancakes.

Sorry Seoul. You're still my boo though.
And now I want to see Desdichado write a thread that says, "Seoulsearch, Just Come On Out and Say It--You Have a Thing for Pipp." :rolleyes: Lol!

What, exactly, is going on here??? You mean the Wafflers are actually winning?!

What is this, I don't even...

Sigh. One of these days, I'm going to pick a food war that my team actually wins. :(

J

Jennie-Mae

And now I want to see Desdichado write a thread that says, "Seoulsearch, Just Come On Out and Say It--You Have a Thing for Pipp." :rolleyes: Lol!

What, exactly, is going on here??? You mean the Wafflers are actually winning?!

What is this, I don't even...

Sigh. One of these days, I'm going to pick a food war that my team actually wins. :(
Why you ain’t trying Deep Pit Barbecue? Ain’t never tasted nothin better...just too bad you need somebody SKILLED to make it. I for sure can’t lol.

C

CandieM

Oatmeal

Preferred toppings:

• Bananas
  • Walnuts
  • Raw honey
  • Pecans
  • Maple syrup